The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-10-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, 57, and occasional light showers. May get some more light rain off and on throughout the day. Winds could hit 45 mph later this afternoon.

I had a pretty decent day yesterday. Swam a half mile at the gym. Came home and changed the oil on my car. Disposed of the used oil. Drove over to Webster City but the key still didn't work. I'll call the guy again today. If I still don't hear from him soon I'll take a bolt cutter to the lock. When I got home I went for a two mile walk. Sat on the porch with a Corona (not the virus) and my laptop. About 5 the wind died down so I went for a 5 mile bike ride. Not much planned for today other than a trip to the gym. May go for a walk outdoor this afternoon.

Gas prices around here are goofy. Up and down but trending up. Price goes down a nickel one day and up a dime the next.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-10-2021

65 and sunny. Beautiful day. undefined Middle 70's guessed.

Errands and disk garden.

Scrambled eggs and sausage patties. Hotdogs fried tonight.

Squirrels everywhere except feeders. Cardinals still not feeding from new trough feeder bought for them yesterday. 6 this morning trying to decide who is pairing with who. Funny.

[Image: enhance]

Enjoy your day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-10-2021

Good morning, a bit chilly, suppose to stay in the 60's, down 20 degrees from a few days ago. Rain yesterday, but on the east side of the valley. Best chance for rain here is on Friday and Saturday.  

Costco and Sam's Club down to $2.94 for regular, most stations at $2.99-$3.09. Article in the paper says expect still higher prices on gas, blames OPEC. Talked to a guy in the trucking business. Says that insurance for one truck is now at $15,000 a year, about a 65% increase. Some companies are offering sign-on bonuses to attract drivers. I'm expecting a lot of things to go up in price, food for sure.

I keep bidding on ammo at local on-line auctions. I keep losing out to bidders willing to pay insane prices. I'll keep trying, maybe one bid will sneak though.

Tom, I get exhausted just reading your posts. I can't walk to the end of the block without having to rest, I just wish I had 1/10 of your stamina. Be proud my friend. Worship Worship

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-10-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is a pleasant 55 going to 62.

Not much to report. Did some shopping and took my wife’s car to the carwash yesterday. I did work some more on the Sand and Fuel Depot kit. I hope to get more time in today.

Need to head out to the produce store and possibly the grocery store.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 03-10-2021

(03-10-2021, 11:02 AM)ezdays Wrote: I'm expecting a lot of things to go up in price, food for sure.

I keep bidding on ammo at local on-line auctions. I keep losing out to bidders willing to pay insane prices. I'll keep trying, maybe one bid will sneak though.

There are some abnormal things going on with the economy, for sure. Some are related to COVID. Some could be just a shift in society. Example: We went to IKEA the other day to try and get new furniture for the kids. We picked out 2 pieces, were open to different colors, and even had other pieces that would work if what we wanted was not available. They were sold out of all of them. They told us supply issues, and that if they were out that meant they were out probably everywhere in the USA. I've already mentioned housing prices and rent prices - and this makes no sense to me considering I don't know where the extra demand is coming from.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-11-2021

Good morning folks, we should have some rain today, much better chance tomorrow. Haven't washed my truck in weeks, they keep kind of promising rain, then don't produce. We'll see.

Kevin, lots of shortages. I went by the electrical dep't at Home Depot the other day, no conduit. I didn't need any, but I noticed they were flat out of every size. Why? Went furniture shopping as well a while back, lots of stuff with signs, "on order", or, "temporarily out of stock". What good is the stimulus money going to do if there's nothing left to spend it on. Oh, I guess we could stock up on toilet paper, there's lots of that around now.

Take care, and take it easy, no need to stress over things you can't change.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-11-2021

Greetings, gang.

35 and cloudy outside my window this morning. High for today only in the low 50s. Got to 74 yesterday. Then about 5 o'clock the wind picked up to over 40 mph and the temp dropped 30 degrees in just a couple of hours. The temperature will be trending downward for the remainder of the week.

Daily trip to the gym and a 2 mile walk yesterday afternoon. It had been windy all day but the temperature was pretty nice so I started walking. Got a few blocks from home and the wind died way down. Considered coming back for the bike but decided not to. Plenty of warm weather ahead to ride. Started working with the family to plan a memorial service for my son. Not going well.

Don - thanks for the kind words. I have a motivation for all my activity. Obesity tends to run in my family and I work hard not to succumb to it. My two surviving brothers weigh over 300 lbs. each. I could easily hit 200 in a matter of weeks if I don't exercise and watch what I eat. I don't EVER what to be like that!

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-11-2021

(03-11-2021, 06:18 AM)ezdays Wrote: Good morning folks, we should have some rain today, much better chance tomorrow. Haven't washed my truck in weeks, they keep kind of promising rain, then don't produce. We'll see.

Kevin, lots of shortages. I went by the electrical dep't at Home Depot the other day, no conduit. I didn't need any, but I noticed they were flat out of every size. Why? Went furniture shopping as well a while back, lots of stuff with signs, "on order", or, "temporarily out of stock". What good is the stimulus money going to do if there's nothing left to spend it on. Oh, I guess we could stock up on toilet paper, there's lots of that around now.

Take care, and take it easy, no need to stress over things you can't change.

Because a lot of it is coming out of Nam and SE Asia.  Why NC and Hickory furniture manufactures are closing.  Free trade agreement.  Angry

60 and racing towards 77 guessed. Sunny [guessers saying rain most of next week, maybe not a lot].

No sleep. 4 AM and shoulder killing me. Lay in bed till 6. Took Tramadol and went back to sleep. 7:30 Lucy get up and jumps down. Goes to backdoor and barks continuously. Mom was out with the rest of the crew. Had to get up and let her out. Coffee is good. Shoulder is hurting. MyCharted Dr. Think something else going on. Probably from having to steer tractor without power steering. Had to fight steering wheel and hold one wheel brake to get it back under shelter. FLOWER BEDS!!

Implants at 3.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-12-2021

Good morning everyone, Friday already and they got it right for once with their "% chance of rain", it looks wet out. Not raining now, but I did wake up to a loud rumbling noise sometime in the middle of the night. I thought a first it was a 'copter, they usually fly over the house on their way to the hospital just north of us. But no, an actual thunderstorm., we got a whopping 0.08" in the past six hours, time to go look for a pair of galoshes, Icon_e_surprised probably have to drive up to Flagstaff to buy them though. Now I'm going to need chains for the tires 'cause I'm sure they have snow on the ground. Waiting

For those of you that might have missed it, we are planning a challenge. We haven't had one in quite a while, so we've decided that a, "Do something, anything" challenge would be appropriate. Just pick a project, make it a build challenge, a photo challenge, clean up a portion of your layout challenge. It's a, you pick what you want to do challenge. You've got until the end of this month to decide, then enter and finish it by the first day of summer, June 20. Check out this thread. All are welcome, big project or small, just do something.

Going to take it easy today, no appointments, haven't worked on my display case in over a week, but if it's damp and cold out, I shouldn't try to paint it, which is the next step before I add the shelves. So I'll just stay inside and work on the layout a bit.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-12-2021

Good morning folks

Looks like another nice day with current temperature at 60 going up to 65. It is cloudy with a 30% chance of rain.

Had a couple of crazy days with doing stuff around the house. Nothing monumental just a bunch of mundane chores that took forever. I have gotten some modeling time in and I am working on weathering the Sand and Fuel Depot. I will continue doing so and then try to add some details. Next up is the Walthers Wood Coaling Tower.

Need to run to the pharmacy later today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-12-2021

Hello Blue
We have sun with a high of 54 expected.
Official Temp at Detroit airport was 2 days @ 74.
Back to normal now.
Saw two robins yesterday and the spring bulbs have broke through the ground.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-12-2021

80 degrees. I'm here. Been in meetings all morning. how to HD to get big round bails of pine straw. SIL's chicken dinner later.

Enjoy.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-13-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 28 headed for cloudy and 58. Rain chances start early tomorrow morning then switch to snow by Sunday night into Monday morning with 3-7 inches predicted. Not gonna be a pretty weekend.

Woke up yesterday in a really crappy mood. Wasn't going to do anything. Wound up going to the gym after all. Then cleaned up a bunch of leftover leaves in the yard. Also go word that the company handling my son's 401K finally got all the paperwork they need. Should get a check in the next week or so. I will split that among my 3 other kids.

I never heard back from the storage company so I'll be picking up a padlock and head to Webster City. My daughter and her husband will meet me there to take a first look at what's in the storage unit.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-13-2021

Good morning everyone, Saturday, got an extra hour sleep, nice to know that there's nothing scheduled for today, just go with the flow. It stopped raining yesterday morning, stayed dry until after the Spring Training games, it was trickling out as I drove by the stadium and the last few were leaving. All in all, we had around a 1/4" of rain. Sub-freezing temps today (61) with a chance of more rain. Should be back up into the 80's by this time next week.

More and more folks getting shots, I see more of them not wearing masks, even though they're required to in most cities and establishments here. Don't know what the hassle is, many places will give you a mask if you don't have one, just do it and feel good about yourself. Some just don't like being controlled and are willing to go to jail over it. If that isn't being controlled, I don't know what is.

Y'all have a great and safe weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-13-2021

Morning. Slept until 8:30.   64 and partly cloudy. Suppose to clear out. Get pine straw for Wifey [we didn't get time to get yesterday]. Disk garden again. Fertilize front yard.

Folks didn't leave until 10 PM last night.

Have a good one.