The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-14-2021

Happy Pi Day, Gang

43 going to 49 with rain, sleet, freezing rain, snow, and winds near 40 mph. Typical Iowa spring day.

I had a surprisiingly good day yesterday. Got the laundry caught up in the morning. After lunch I met my daughter and her husband at the storage place. We cut the lock off and lo and behold all my son's "stuff" was there. 98% of it will go in a roll off. Got back from there and decided it was nice enough for a bike ride. I rode for 7 miles and am suffering no ill effects this morning. Probably no riding for the upcoming week as it's only supposed to be in the 40s until next weekend. No major plans for today. I may go for a walk in the rain but if I do it will be in the morning before the winds pick up this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-14-2021

Good morning all, an exciting day today, two events make it so. Today is Pi day, 3/14,  just can't contain myself Icon_rolleyes math teachers all over the world must be celebrating by now Nope . how many digits of π can you name beyond 3.14 without looking it up?

Also, today is when most of the US goes on DST. Two states don't, Arizona and Hawaii. However, there's a part of Arizona that does switch, anyone want to take a guess what part that is? Don't lose any sleep over it (a pun), if you don't know.... Icon_lol

Today is also suppose to be a day of rest. I plan on adhering to that, just take it easy, been invited to lunch at my son's house, sounds like a good way to spend the afternoon. Maybe even get some time working on my layout.

Take care, and take it easy, some things can wait.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-14-2021

56 and sunny. Guessed high 70. Getting ready for outdoor church. Then travel south to a visitation with daughter. Son too busy with 4 wheelers. All the kids except Col have 4 wheelers. He and Wifey have them too. New phase for him.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-14-2021

I celebrate pi approximation day on 22/July.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-15-2021

(03-14-2021, 07:26 PM)BR60103 Wrote: I celebrate pi approximation day on 22/July.

I like that, be careful, that could become an official holiday for government folks.

Good morning, Monday and a busy week for me. Got to get a Covid-19 test this morning. Told the lady that I already had both my shots over two weeks ago, and her answer was, "immaterial". They don't care, I just hope I don't have to go into isolation until my "procedure" comes up. Oh yeah, I did order a replacement for my gun that broke, and I can pick it up today. It was well past warranty and everyone liked to shoot it so I ordered a newer model. Well, supposed to be newer, but the only difference is that this one is blued, they don't make them in silver anymore. If this one lasts 10 years, I'll be OK with that, since I'll be way too old to hold a gun steady by then anyway. 2285_ Blaster

Since no one tried to answer my yesterday's question, the answer is, the Navajo Nation. They are in the north part of the state and their nation spreads to New Mexico, and since New Mexico goes along with DST, they want everyone there to be on the same time zone.

Our temp forecasts are like a roller coaster, let's just say we'll be somewhere between the mid-60's and mid-80's for the next two weeks. it could rain, or not rain, on any given day. That sums things up nicely... Waiting

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-15-2021

Beware the Ides of March, gang.

70 years ago:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~tbohlen/5.mp3

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-15-2021

46 and some clouds. Cooler this week. Off to Raleigh for some errands.

Enjoy your day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-15-2021

Good morning folks

It is a bright and cold 29 here in the Delaware Valley. High is supposed to be 41. I just wish the winds would die down. Nearly frozen my butt off taking out the trash this morning.

Not much domestically this weekend. Ran a few errands. Took three PetSmart before we found the dog’s prescription can food. My daughter got her first COVID shot. She had to travel up to a place near Scranton about a two-hour drive one way. She is feeling the side effects this morning. My wife and I got our shots a little while ago and go for our second shots in a week and a half. This leaves only my son to get his.

I finished the Sand and Fuel Depot as far as I can until it is installed into the layout. Began working on the Walthers Coaling Tower.

Not sure what the plans are for today. I do have to make a pharmacy run. Work on the Coaling Tower.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-15-2021

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
Sun @32 degrees Hi of 39 today.
All the snow should be gone soon. Just kidding it's been gone for quite awhile now.
Still stuck in the house except for the necessities.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-16-2021

Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 31 headed for cloudy and 42. The 5 inches of very wet, very heavy snow I got yesterday should be gone by today.

Not much done yesterday. I did get a roll off set u for this weekend. Also looked some more at what I need to do for my son's taxes. Looks like I won't be able to do them on line though. Swimming at the gym this morning. Otherwise nothing scheduled for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-16-2021

Good morning all, chilly and cloudy yesterday and today. Normal for today should be around 80, the forecast says 62, no 80's for a few more days. Busy day yesterday, ran errands, put 50 miles in before I got back home. Did pick up my new gun, got there as the store opened and there was a flock of guys all heading to the ammo shelves. Like piranhas at a feeding frenzy, they were all over what was in stock. The clerk told me it was like this every day. A few of them hung around for a while hoping that they'd put more up, but they didn't. Since I was buying a .22LR, I asked if he had any ammo for it and he went to the back room and got me 100 rounds. They would have lasted a few milliseconds if they were on the shelf, so I think they do this as a courtesy for their gun buyers. And that's the rub, there are ten million new gun owners out there and more each day, all needing ammo, then there are those that may have ten million rounds stashed in their basement and still want more.....

Today is a free day, I don't know what I'm going to do, but whatever it is, it'll be by choice. Got to start figuring out what I'm going to do for our upcoming challenge. I think I have an idea, still have two weeks to decide.

All the Irish restaurants and bars are loading up and expanding out into their parking lots, tomorrow be St. Paddy's day. I got a chuckle at this cartoon, Wiz of Id

Everyone, have a great day and stay safe out there....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-16-2021

Good morning folks

It is 31 here in the Philadelphia western suburbs. High will be 42. At least there will be no wind although there is a chance of frozen mix.

Made the pharmacy and grocery store runs yesterday. Wife went along. She is venturing out more but still won’t go in the stores yet. One week until she gets her second shot and I have eight days.

I worked a little on the coaling tower. Plan to work on it later today.

Not much else happening.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-16-2021

39 and raining [Yankee weather]. Slept till 8:15. 

Raisin Brand and coffee. Chatted with Wifey until she left for work. Few errands to run. Computer meeting at noon.

Hope all are OK. Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 03-16-2021

hi all . not much to report been cool and windy , working on finishing some tichy war emergency gons  , had to rip roof off the house i had almost finished  did get the hammer built for the pile driver.
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-17-2021

I'm a wee Irish. Morning and 42 degrees and cloudy. Off to the farms.
HOPE to be back after 2PM meeting with the know it all.

Enjoy the day.