The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-27-2021

Good Saturday morning to you all. For me, that means sleeping in an extra hour and a half. Rain has been in the forecasts for days now, I see marks on the windshield every morning, but no real signs of rain, just a few sprinkles at best.

Our governor has opened the state 100% now, just that we need to still practice social distancing and wearing masks where required. We'll see what it's like in church tomorrow, they mention bars, restaurants and gyms, and even water parks, but not churches. They have also dropped the age to get shots to 16. Naturally, it's a madhouse trying to get appointments. Just about everyone that I've talked to that has had their second shot has had a worse reaction, mostly being extremely tired for some period of time.

Got time to do a few things today, just hope I have the energy to do them.

Everyone, have a great weekend, be careful and stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-27-2021

64 degrees, 99% humidity and dewpoint 64. FOGGY!!!!!!! Sun came out and started to burn it off. Suddenly clouds came and its back again. Rain this afternoon.

Slept off and on until 7:30. A lot better than nights before.

Question??? How does a competent ship captain get sideways in a wide canal?

Not much on agenda.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-27-2021

(03-27-2021, 07:49 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: ...Question??? How does a competent ship captain get sideways in a wide canal?
  • Just remembered that he forgot something and tried to make a U-turn...
  • Got his starboard and ports mixed up...
  • "What iceberg?"...
  • His name is Lt. Cmdr. Philip Francis Queeg, subject of the infamous Caine Mutiny
  • Who says he's competent????

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 03-27-2021

(03-27-2021, 07:49 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Question??? How does a competent ship captain get sideways in a wide canal?

Nr.

not captain's fault the Suez's requires a Suez's pilot that  guides the ship through  , besides if you have ever been in a full fledge haboob its easy to lose ordination , the rest is inertia 
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-28-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and still very dark. 33 now headed for 53.

Fairly mundane day yesterday. Got the laundry caught up and got in a nice 2 mile walk in the (very light) rain. Woke up w-a-a-a-y too early this morning. I've been up since 4:30. First Formula 1 race of the season this morning. Could be a very interesting race. Probably go for a walk later.

Got a letter in the mail yesterday from the company handling my son's 401K. Seems they need more information. 2 weeks ago when I got a call from them they said everything was complete and I should be getting a check within about a week. Guess I'll have to call them Monday. Getting annoying!

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-28-2021

Good morning everyone, bright and shiny, "plenty of sunshine" shays the forecasts. Temps in the 80's all week, 90's by the weekend. Only rain in the forecast is two weeks off. I hope they know what they're doing.

Going to try to make it to church today, it's Palm Sunday and maybe they will allow more room for parishioners now that the state is open 100%. We'll see when I get there.

Still pecking away on my train display case, working on the doors now, need to cut the plexi, it's been a very long time since I've done that, we'll see what happens. I'm surprised that Home Depot and Loews have stock, seems like every business has had  plexi installed, between booths if they have seating, but always around the checkout. Home Depot shows 2' x 4' sheets as "sneeze guards".

It's a pity that those that some of those that are in a position to run the country and industry in the future don't seem to respect authority nor realize the danger in what they're doing during their "Spring Break". Assuming that they make it that far, I can see 30 years from now, someone being nominated for the Supreme Court, "Sir (or madam), are these not Facebook photos from 2021 of you guzzling beer and throwing rocks at the police?" Enough said.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-28-2021

80 and some clouds.  Getting windy.  Possible storms this afternoon.  Some yesterday but we got big rain for a short while.  Some early this AM.  Some boomers.

Went to a new [to us] Church.  Biggie.  Big stage, band, big screens projectors and lights.  Kind of like a rock concert.  Good band and music.  One of the many associate pastors preached.  New preacher coming in a couple of weeks.

Resting rest of the day.  

On the ship in the Suez, figured there was a pilot like most ports.  Figured he dropped his cell phone and was crawling around looking for it.  Wife was calling.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-28-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is a rainy, crappy day with a current temp of 62 possibly going to 66.

Wife and I did some running yesterday. Hit Lowes and Kohl’s to pick up online orders. As a rule, we avoid our local Lowes. It is poorly managed. The place is always dirty. The later in the day you go the bigger the trash pile overflowing from the trashcans in the entranceway. There is always trash everywhere on the floor in the aisles. They leave empty displays in the center of the aisles all the time. The employees are slow and rude. I gave up complaining to management a while ago. It took them over forty minutes to find our online order which was an over the toilet cabinet. They had this little, short petite young lady bring the cabinet out to the car. I think the cabinet weighed more than she did. Of course, I jumped out and helped her load the cabinet. She was so grateful for the help. Kohl’s on the other hand, took less than 5 minutes to bring our order out to the car.

After getting home my daughter, son, and I started building a new pergola for the front patio. We got the frame done but did not finish he canopy.

I finished weathering the coaling tower. I need to add the tracks for the hoppers and locomotives.

Today is an inside day. Easter decoration and laundry are on the list.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-28-2021

Hello Blue
Rain overnight. I think it topped in the middle 50s today.
Had a zoom meet with some of Detroit3Railers last night.
We have a wait and see about indoor meets right now so we will probably do some summer outdoor ones with the modular layout.
We usually take the summer off.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-29-2021

Good morning everyone, rise and shine. A very busy week for me. Some days have two and three things going on. Going target shooting this morning, got a video doctor visit this afternoon, family dinner this evening. My third try at a televisit to that office, they use a different platform than Zoom or Skype. Last time they told me that I needed to use Chrome, I could see and hear them, they could only see me.

Temps getting up there, mid-80's yesterday, our average date for hitting 90 is this Wednesday, we'll miss that by one day if the forecasts are right. Still dry, lots of overcast, just some scant raindrops here and there.

And yeah, they seem to be tending towards human error on steering that boat through the canal.  I take back all my snide (meant to be funny), remarks about the captain and give them to the pilot.

Have a great and fun day, after all, it is Monday, and Monday's are suppose to be fun days.... Icon_rolleyes

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-29-2021

Greeting, gang.

Hang on to your hat day here. 72 but winds of 45+ mph expected this afternoon. Red flag warning already posted.

Good day yesterday. The kids finally made a decision on son's memorial gathering. It will be Saturday April 10th. Afterwards the family will re-convene here for burgers and hot dogs on the grill. Also got my son's taxes done. I'll re-read them today but I'm pretty sure they're ready to go. Another project for today is a couple of minor repairs to my son's car. The hood scoop is loose on one side. I'm concerned it could come off at highway speeds. Also has a slow leak in one tire.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-29-2021

Slept till 9 AM [woke hurting 2 times but went back to sleep after a few]. Was 50 degrees and now 53. Real breezy and sunny. What a change.

Errands and x-ray of shoulder.

Never got storms.  Radar showed red/purple over farms.  [hope no damage]  No tornados around,  We got heavy downpour one time.

Hope all have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 03-29-2021

Good morning.

I subscribed to Model Railroader's online archives the other night. I think they charge 2.99 per month. I've been enjoying browsing through the old issues, and think the price is worth it. I don't think I have bought or even looked through a new issue of that magazine in 15 years. The new issues just don't interest me as much. But I am finding a few things of interest in the post-2000 issues.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-29-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is bright and blustery 46 heading toward 53. I had to fire up the heater this morning to take the chill off.

This is the third day since I got my second covid shot. I had a headache most of yesterday. Since the shot I have times where I feel flat out exhausted like this morning. I got up, feed the cats and Guinea pigs. I did a few mundane things and went back to bed for a couple more hours.

Yesterday was a rainy day so I did a few inside things but nothing earth shattering. I did not get any further work done on the layout.

I plan on spending a little time today tracking down those elusive #6 switches I need.

I am going to help my daughter with her taxes today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-29-2021

We had our first Covid shots today. We should get the nextones in four months.

On that ship stuck in the canal. The other web site I follow (name available on request) had an interesting discussion by some members who had been through the canal and some who had taken the detour. The container ships are now so high that they are affected by wind.

I went through my coupler collection today -- sorted the miscellaneous box. A lot of Kadee 6 - from the K6 on. Packets of McHenry that I bought on clearance. A few AHM Mate-a-Matics that work with Kadee and X2f. A pile that were assembled into the draft gear boxes and ... left?

Cheers.