The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - woodone - 04-01-2021

(03-31-2021, 09:34 AM)ezdays Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 06:50 AM)woodone Wrote: OK, we need some photos of this cabinet- or it did not happen.  LOL
Jerry

Will do when I get it on the wall. Had a gross error earlier that would have been too embarrassing to show. Made 17 sets of dados in the sides, each about 1/2" too close to each other. Icon_redface Well, I meant to do that, just that there wasn't enough room to get to the back row that way.

That reminds me of Homer Simpson doing, "La-la-la-la", as his wife is talking. He says, "If I can't hear her, she never said it".... Nope
Just remember—- measure twice- cut once.    Iam sure you have heard this more than once. LOL

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-02-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny today and warmer than yesterday. Predicted high is around 64. Actual high remains to be seen. With the National Weather Service's new forecast model their predictions have been overly optimistic by about 4-5 degrees each day.

Swam for a half mile but go lazy and never did go for a walk. Made a run to the grocery store. This morning I'll make a trip to Walmart. I want to pick up some kites for the kids to play with next Saturday at the park. Also found out the shelter we plan to use isn't even eligible to rent until the following week. First come first serve so I may have some people go there early.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-02-2021

(04-01-2021, 01:33 PM)woodone Wrote: Just remember—- measure twice- cut once.    Iam sure you have heard this more than once. LOL

Oh, I thought it was, "measure once, cut twice....start all over again". Icon_e_surprised

Good morning all, today is Good Friday and Sunday is Easter. One of the two days of the year where churches are full beyond capacity. Last year, churches here were shut because of the pandemic.

Missed a day here, I was in a place without my computer and couldn't log in with my cell phone since I changed my password a while back and couldn't remember it. Besides, trying to navigate the Internet on my cell phone is frustrating at best. Looking at big things on a small screen and typing on a tiny keyboard is just beyond my capabilities. That's why I use my phone for its original purpose, make and receive calls, maybe an occasional text message.. and spam, lots of spam. Same thing for my landline. Lot's of calls there about charges to my (non-existent) Amazon account, threats from the IRS, holds on my SSI or bank accounts (again, non-existent), and many, many about my vehicle warranty expiring (even though I actually have two years left on it), and this being my last chance to buy an extended warranty. These scams must be profitable, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Apparently, we did hit 95 in Phoenix yesterday, right now, it's 69 out and it's not even 7:00 yet. More of the same to come for at least the next week.

Have a great day everyone, and stay safe....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-02-2021

42 in the sun. Wind chill 30. Rushing to the Dr. Apt. got changed from 1:40 to 11 AM.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-02-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is a darn right cold 31 going up to 41. I bet it won’t feel any warmer. Since the temperature is supposed to go into the high twenties tonight the window boxes will stay indoors and the pots covered.

Yesterday not much got done. I did a little grocery shopping. I still have more. I realized I forgot the big bag of Meow Mix for the cats the other day at PetSmart. Since I need to get the dog’s prescription food, I will get the cat food at the same time. I just hope the nearest PetSmart has the dog food. I don’t feel like driving all over the place.

Some #6 switches arrived today. I am still waiting on a few more and a couple of wyes. Then I can start the yard near the station.

I got to go out and pick up the Easter bread and a pie for Easter dinner.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-02-2021

4 shots in muscle in left shoulder blade area.  Relief finally.  Dr. said in a knot.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-03-2021

Greetings, gang.

Gonna be a nice weekend in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 43 now. Sunny and 75 today and sunny and 80 tomorrow. Truly nice weather for this time of year.

I had a fairly decent day yesterday. Walmart run in the morning was successful. Gym visit was sweaty. After that I took my son's car downtown and filled it up before the prices went down farther. Down to $2.71 here. When I got home there was a message from my daughter, something about Hawaii. Needless to say I called back. My hockey playing grandson is also in junior ROTC at his high school and their drill team has been selected to participate in the 80th anniversary Pearl Harbor parade. If they go it the trip would be a couple grand apiece. His mom is already pumped about going and is trying to figure out how to finance it. What she doesn't know is that by the time she arrives here next weekend I should have the check from my son's 401K which will offset a large part of the cost of the trip. It will be fun to spring that on her. After lunch I decided to make a trip to Menards. I actually got everything on my list. All in all a pretty good day.

Today is Saturday and of course that means laundry day. Also plan to spend a lot of time outdoors, working in the yard and riding the bike. I never did find any kites yesterday so that was a bust. I need to think of things for the great-grandkids to do while at the memorial gathering next weekend. Ages range from 13 to 3 years old. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Frank - glad you're feeling better.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-03-2021

47 and warming fast. Got a Humana home nurse on the way to do the yearly checkup. undefined Part of their contract.

Grandson's birthday [April 5] this afternoon. Will be 4. Grandparents from NY are here.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - woodone - 04-03-2021

Don, no need to start over. While I was in high school I took a wood shop class- When ever someone would cut a board short the teacher would tell the person who cut board short- go get the board stretcher. I think I might still have it stored some place in the shop? LOL
Going to get warm today here in Phoenix- maybe the first 100 degree day?
Summer is here.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 04-03-2021

Good morning.
       Woke up to a light frost and the current temp is around 40 but it feels like 40 below. We had a 70 degree day last week and I haven't felt warm since. 
I found some food grade 55 gallon drums and I am going to build raised gardens with them. I can't kneel since the knee replacement but I like the fresh produce of a garden. This is the picture I stole from FB. I need to head to the lumber yard for the lumber.      .
       I have several pieces of tempered glass I can use to lay over a section to make a hot bed, and I think more bracing should be used. I will post a photo or two when they are done. 
        I think I shall have another coffee. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-03-2021

(04-03-2021, 08:21 AM)woodone Wrote: Don, no need to start over. While I was in high school I took a wood shop class- When ever someone would cut a board short the teacher would tell the person who cut board short- go get the board stretcher. I think I might still have it stored some place in the shop?  LOL
Going to get warm today here in Phoenix- maybe the first 100 degree day?
Summer is here.

Found what I was looking for on Amazon, called a, "screw-up hider", just a thin piece of wood, but works wonders.... 2285_

Yes, we might hit 100 this weekend, was pushing 70 around 7:00 this morning. And the contest I saw in today's newspaper was, "guess the first day and time we hit 110" Eek .......can't wait, can they.... Nope

No rain in the forecast so I got the truck washed on Wednesday. Sometime Thursday night it trickled spots of mud all over it. Used to be that some car washes would guarantee a wash for 24 hours. Not anymore....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-03-2021

Good morning folks

It is bright and warmer than the last few days 45. Heading all the way up to 51.

Not much going on today. Trying to spend a quiet and peaceful birthday. We have to run to the pharmacy and the produce store in a bit. We have a few things to make ahead of tomorrow’s Easter dinner. I may be impressed to helping if my daughter gets home late from getting her second covid shot near Scranton. If time allows, I hope for some train time later.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-04-2021

Happy Easter!
From Big Blue!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-04-2021

Happy Easter, gang.

Clear and 39 headed for sunny and 82. Remarkably warm for early April.

I had an ok day yesterday. Got the laundry done and found a guest book for next weekend. Walked to the flower shop but they didn't have them. The clerk gave me a suggestion which turned out to be very helpful. Got the book and a 2 mile walk. After lunch I went for a bike ride and dropped off the drive-by bills. Got back from there and decided to put the screen in the door to the from porch. Got the screen out of the garage and decided it needed to be washed. Dragged the hose up from winter storage in the basement. Got that taken care of and got a shower and a Corona (not the virus) and that concluded the productive part of my day. While out and about on the bike I discovered that gas had again dropped. Down to $2.67. Nothing on the agenda for today other than a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-04-2021

Good morning everyone and a very Happy Easter to you all. Nothing planned other than church this morning and family dinner at Pat's MIL's tonight. Beyond that, rest, I need rest.