The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-17-2021

And a good Saturday morning to ya all. Got to sleep as late as I can remember, ten hours in all. I am starting to feel better, but they tell me it will be another month before things get back to normal. Gotta remember that the older you get, the longer it takes to heal.

Where do you get that Finish First Frank? Been looking and seems like Amazon has it but nothing local. Would like to give it a try while the paint on my truck still looks good.

Temps in the normal range for now, mid to high 80's, hung up my jacket a few days ago, don't think I'll see it again until around November.  That's why we live in the desert...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-17-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is a chilly and windy 51 this early afternoon. High is supposed to be 56.

It is too chilly with the wind to attempt anything with the pond today. Getting wet at 50 degrees and having a cold wind blow on you is not fun. Tomorrow is expected to be warmer.

I finished building the Engine House. I also almost finished the outside crane that comes with the kit. I still need to attach the hook. Next is weathering everything.

I am waiting for the next item for the yard, the Walthers Cinder Conveyor and Ash Pit kit. If the post office is not fibbing it will arrive Monday.

We have to go and make a pharmacy run today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-18-2021

"Good morning sunshine, let's say hello"..... I think that's how the song goes. Nonetheless, it's Sunday, a day of rest, and I intend to do just that. I have no plans, just kind of wing it as the days goes. No real change in the weather, although some say there's a slightly better chance of rain, possibly up to 10%. The dew point is kind of low, so I really doubt that we'll see any moisture today.

Ya all have a fun and peaceful day.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-18-2021

Rushed home to get ready for 9 AM Church. We made it on time. Rushed back to let Grandkids out again. They played out while I gathered my things and got all ready to leave. They were a good bunch. Lexie, Jack Russel, decided she would be GrandPa's girl this time. Was not a bad stay. Just had to travel back and forth a lot. Really not that far.

Daz, Amazon and got in two days.  19.99.  Got one coast on caddy yesterday.  Then tired.  2nd today.  Great stuff.  Used it for years.

Enjoy your week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-18-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 58 at the moment headed for 64. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a few degrees above that.

I had a pretty decent day. Successful trip to Walmart. Made a quick detour to Menards and got some rock for the outdoor train. Got the laundry caught up and put away. The bike is assembled and tested. It will only be used to ride back and forth to the gym. I need to get a back fender for it in case I get caught in the rain. Would hate to have a skunk stripe. Also managed to get in a nice bike ride yesterday afternoon.

Need to make another phone call tomorrow. It seems a though just because I signed up some of the great-grandkids for magazines National Geographic thinks they can sign me up for a $60 membership. There may (or may not) be some harsh words spoken. Pretty good Formula 1 race this morning and another bike ride this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-19-2021

Good morning all, nice day yesterday, I've got the A/C turned on, but it never got too much over 80, so it never kicked on. Not so today, high 80's. Went out once yesterday. There's a new Dollar Tree store that's just about two miles from the house, I needed a piece of foam board for my challenge and didn't have any. I knew they sometimes had it. Yup, new store, lots of stock both black and white, and yeah, a buck a sheet. Other places, like Walmart sell it for three times that. Can't go there without buying a few other things, amazing what they have for $1.00. Some stuff is just scaled-down to meet the price, other items, you wonder how they can sell it at that price. Now that I have the foam board, I need to figure out how I'm going to use it, so far all I've managed to do is to waste some of it trying to see what works. Looks like I have most of the day free today to decide....

Everyone, have a great day. Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-19-2021

Good morning folks

It is a bright 48 at this time. High will be 63. They are saying we could get some scattered showers/storms this afternoon.

We did not get the netting off the pond this weekend. Next weekend is looking better. I did do the heavy cleaning on the filter box and try the new pump. I need to get short piece of pipe so I can thread the fountain head through the top of the box.

I weathered the Engine House and placed it on the layout in a temporary spot. I drove a loco in and out of it to test it. There is some tweaking to do once I start doing scenery.

Next is paint and weather the outside crane. That will finish Challenge 1. I am hoping the Cinder Conveyor and Ash Pit kit arrives today as scheduled. That will most likely be Challenge 2. In the meantime, I will weather the built up Walthers Water Tower.

Today the painter is coming to work on the walls in the master bathroom. He needs to strip the old wallpaper and do some repairs before he can paint. I need to make sure everything is out of his way.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-19-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy and cold this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 31 right now headed for only 42 for the high. Another precision forecast by our very good friends ant the National Weather Service. When I went to bed last night there was an80% chance of rain/snow. Absolutely no precipitation occurred.

Had a fairly productive day yesterday. Entertaining F1 race in the morning. In the afternoon I mowed the yard, put down some grass seed, rode the bike for 7 miles and tested the new bike. The wireless speedometer is not working. I can't seem to get the spacing right between the sensor and the magnet. May just break down and buy a wired speedometer.

Not a lot planned for today. Gym this morning. After lunch I need to call National Geographic. Seems as though since I ordered some magazine subscriptions for the great-grandkids that entitled them to bill me $60 for a membership. Harsh words may (or may not) be spoken.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-19-2021

55 and cloudy. Rain? 30% chance. Got some on line forms to fill out for physical theropy this afternoon. Haircut before that.

Got second coat of Finish First on Caddy yesterday before going to SisterIL's. Wifey's Uncle and Cousin are here from Indiana. Have fifth wheel camper on open area on his part of the family farm. Well, septic and electric.

Enjoy your week.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-19-2021

Hello Blue
Sun and 60s today.
Don't need A/C here yet, it's still shut off at the breaker. Just a nice warm spring day for Michigan.
We had a family birthday party on Saturday, I soaked up my first sun of the year. My foreheads a little pink. Felt good.
A message this morning from Toledo, my home town, a lifelong friend has passed. 
I/we have reach the stage of passing.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-20-2021

Good morning folks

It is 49 heading up to 71.

The painter will be back today for day two of the master bathroom. He is behind schedule due to the glue from the old wallpaper being stubborn and not coming off the wall easily. He should know by now that nothing in this house is ever easy.

I worked on correcting the leaning smokestacks on the Engine House. After some filing and scrapping I finally got them to stay vertical. I also played with the yard layout.

At some point today and I need to run out to the produce store and order my son’s birthday cake. His birthday is Wednesday.

I want to work on the outside crane and fiddle with the yard tracks.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-20-2021

Good morning everybody, temps here still haven't hit 100, up and down like a roller coaster, today in the 90's, this time next week, in the high 70's and everywhere in between for the next few weeks. Looking out further, the first 100 degree day in the forecast is May 16. Saw some splattering on the truck yesterday, the rain map shows .04" of rain fell Sunday night a few miles north of us, just enough to mess up any vehicle parked outside. How does that happen? It was the only spot in the whole valley that had rain then. BTW, a piece of trivia, the Phoenix area is known as, "The Valley of the Sun", however, that's just marketing to attract visitors, the actual name is, "The Salt River Valley". The Salt River runs right down through the middle of Phoenix from east to west, and is dry thanks to dams upstream. Well, I don't have much to talk about today, so that's a good filler... Icon_rolleyes

Saw my granddaughter last night, great-grandson is due in just four weeks........  Applause

Take care, stay safe and have a great day. Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-20-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 29 outside my window this morning. The high for today is only supposed to be in the mid 40s. Definitely not what one would expect 2/3 of the way through April.

Changed my routine at the gym. During the winter I swim and walk one day and work out and do either tread mill or elliptical the next day. Now I swim/work out on Monday. Wed., and Friday. The other days I will ride my bike or walk. Never got around to calling National Geographic yesterday. Got into a "discussion" with my credit card company. Not about the account but about some technical, behind the scenes stuff that I noticed. Did an on line chat with a guy who finally gave up and told me to call customer service. I'll do that today. Otherwise probably a walk this afternoon. Not much else planned.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-20-2021

Icing works. Sat for 30 minutes with both shoulder icing. Slept with no pain. Hurting now. Tylenol will help.

Dr. from contractor for Humana just left. Didn't tell me anything new. I think it is better for those who don't see a Dr. regularly. Nice guy from GA. Came here 20 years ago from Nigeria.

Not much on agenda. Mow the back yard as didn't have time Sat. when I mowed the front.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-21-2021

52 and headed east. Enjoy your day.