The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-24-2021

Morning. 58 and cloudy. Makes it chilly. Possible rain this afternoon. Slept good and until 8:30. Left shoulder blade muscle giving me a fit now.

Wifey and I may do some super house cleaning in a couple of rooms.

Off The Hook seafood restaurant has fried chicken gizzards today. Late lunch there to miss the crowd.

Tom, Century Link is horrible for responding to requests and outages.  Most folks and businesses use Spectrum for phone service.

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-24-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is a pleasant 63 on its way to 67.

Arriving here late as I had a rough night with a bladder flare-up. I was up most of the night and really did not fall asleep until 6 AM. This was the worst one in quite a while. Not sure what brought it on. I have been doing good for the last few weeks with actually getting upwards of two hour stretches on sleep at a time meaning only 2 or 3 trips to the bathroom.

On top of my fun, the wife sprained her ankle yesterday afternoon. Not sure how she did it as she did not step on anything or roll it. Luckily, we have a former NCAA volleyball player in the house in my daughter. She knows how to treat and wrap sprains. Got the swelling down but there is still pain. Wife is going to stay off of it this weekend and see how it goes.

I got some painting done on the Cinder Conveyor kit. I have a couple of railing pieces I need to second coat and then I can begin assembly.

We got the netting off the pond. Had to rescue two fish out of the net that got caught in it while we were moving it. Both went back in the pond and swam off. Saw a third one swimming so I know at least three out of ten survived the winter. The ones I saw tripled or quadrupled in size since the fall.

Today I am trying to see if I can rebuild the filter box and pump with what I have or if I am going to need to order parts.

I need to make a grocery store run as I did not get there yesterday.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-24-2021

Had my fried chicken gizzards, cabbage and fried okra.  Lots of sweet ice tea.

Master bedroom clean !!! Pulled everything out and cleaned behind and under. Chest of drawers pulled out. They are big. Just fits into old closet in there with doors and trim removed along with short sections of wall on each side. Makes it a nook. I installed an a light switch, pot light and outlet so TV and etc. can sit on top. OH!, it had lots of dust and etc. Can't get vacuum hose in and under but so far. Some purging. Wifey quit. She is on bed watching reruns of Downton Abbey on Netflix. Next will be living room.

59 ands light rain. Been chasing squirrels out of feeders. One of those days. They are learning to run when I come out. Pellet pistol they don't like.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-25-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 31 headed for sunny, windy, and 57. Chance of rain this morning.

Fairly routine day yesterday. Laundry, groceries, and a bike ride. Nothing big planned for today. If it rains I'll go for a walk. No bike ride though. Not fun fighting 30 mph winds. I did get a schedule of the great-grandkids sports/school activities. Glad to see that starting up again.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-25-2021

Good morning everyone, Sunday, a day of rest, gee, that's what I've been doing for over a month now, am feeling better each day, so it's helping.

Today, we should be in the 90's, tomorrow, the 70's. Big drop in temps for a few days, then pushing 100 by the end of the week. Best chance of rain is Tuesday, how great of a chance, even those soothsayers can't agree. Maybe if I get the truck washed on Monday, that will guarantee rain.

Found someone willing to tackle my weed problem. I thought they'd scare him off, but he gave me a decent price which includes spraying. The guy that I've been using for years and can't get a hold of, would have charged me about the same, just that he'd start a lot higher and we'd have to dicker, plus when he sprays, it obviously doesn't do much good. This guy will show up later this week..... I hope, at least he didn't ask for money in advance.

Speaking of money, I've gotten several, "grandpa" scam calls lately, two in one day last week by two different "grandsons". Same story, hurt in car crash, found with alcohol, need bail money. All goes well until I ask them what their father's name is, then they either hang up or all hell breaks loose... They shouldn't call someone that's just sitting and resting and has time to jerk them around for a while. First clue is when I say, "oh, it's you Paul or Bobby or Nathan (or the first name I can think of)", and they say, "yeah". One had asked for $20,000, go big or go home I guess. The last one I told him I could probably scrape together $500, and miraculously, that's just the amount he needed.... Until, of course, he couldn't tell me his father's name. There's lots of things us retirees can't do for fun, but this is one we can do without leaving our couch... Icon_lol

Take care and have a great day today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-25-2021

66 and partly sunny [big billowing clouds flying out of here]. Slept till 7:30. Could have slept later but we now go to 9 AM Church.

Left Church and went to the gro in Raleigh [was close by]. Then Dunk'n Donuts. Wifey wanted Taco Bell. undefined Ate outside at the umbrella table at the Train Box. Watched the birds at feeders and going in and out of their bird houses.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-25-2021

We managed to finish the Income Tax today -- about what we expected and mailed in the afternoon. I printed the forms and we'll have to buy another black ink.
No other interesting items.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-26-2021

Good morning all, temps dropping close to 20 degrees today and tomorrow, some chance of rain today. Still going out target shooting early since the forecast shows rain later in the day.

Made my second pass though my taxes as well. I haven't had to file since we retired until this year when I had to drain all of my wife's IRA's, that made a significant difference since not only is that taxable, but now most of our SSI is as well. Nasty way that the government is passing out money like candy, then snatching it back just when you thought your retirement income was safe... There is also a state income tax here that comes to just about 25% of what you owe the feds. And no, I'm not e-filing, like David, I'm happy doing it the old-fashioned way, print and mail....

Just about finished with my challenge, clean up a bit and add a few details. Maybe start a second one.

Ya all have a fine week, stay safe and keep your powder dry... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-26-2021

Greetings, gang.

It's a hazy 50 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. The high for today is supposed to be a very breezy 84. Looking forward to some warm weather after some below normal weather for the past week.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. Went for a nice long walk in the rain. Otherwise a quiet day of reading and watching movies. Hopefully the phone company will show up early to mark the line so I can get on with my landscaping project. Otherwise not much planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-26-2021

Good morning folks

It is 41 with a high of 59.

Not much to report for yesterday. My wife is still nursing her sprained ankle. She did go to work this morning. I drove her to work and will pick her up this afternoon. I hung a couple of pictures in the master bathroom. I still need to enlarge the holes in the over the toilet cabinet so I can place the shelf pegs. I had to buy some since the cabinet did not come with any and of course the standard size does not fit the predrilled holes. On the good size I may have the solution to the bond filter problem at Grainger. I need to order them later this morning. I did make a trip to the grocery store.

Did not get to work on any modeling yesterday. We will see if I can get sometime in for the Cinder Conveyor today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-26-2021

Sunny and 67 degrees already. Slept late and good.

Off to do errands. Plant garden this afternoon. A/C and Heating company coming for spring checkup later today.

Apple locating its east coast campus in Wake Co. Not an Apple fan as we had them at the Town. IPADs are junk and weigh like an anchor. Nice thing means big bucks and 3,000 jobs. Also, Apple is investing big time in infrastructure. I'm sure the "leaders" gave away the "bank" to get Apple to come. [sorry Ohio the competition]

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 04-26-2021

hi all. been some time since i posted , haven't done much last two weeks as the Polo Verdi's are in full bloom here and living in a benardyl haze .
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-26-2021

Don:
I phrased that badly. I did e-file; the print is for my records and to check that the figures are right. Lot of places where I don't understand what went into the form.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-27-2021

(04-26-2021, 07:24 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Don:
I phrased that badly. I did e-file; the print is for my records and to check that the figures are right.  Lot of places where I don't understand what went into the form.

Got that problem with the state forms, unlike the fed, it does the calculating for you, just that it won't fill in those lines until the other ones are filled in, and I haven't a clue what some of them are for. And yeah, I'm still going to mail in my returns. I will be among the 25% that do, I just prefer to send them a check rather than let them into my bank account to take what they please. They say it takes longer to process this way, but since I'm not looking for a refund, I don't care how long it takes.

Good morning all, nice cool overcast day yesterday, just right to go shooting. We shot like there was no ammo shortage, and I guess we can as long as we still have some. Did it rain yesterday? Not sure, I can't tell just by looking outside, if it did, it wasn't enough to even show on the rainfall map. Still a chance for today, so they say....

Heading out to breakfast in a bit, a few chores today but that's about it. Still finishing up my challenge, not sure when to call it done.

Have a great and fun day today..

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-27-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 55 outside my window this morning. The high for today is supposed to be in the low 70s. Slight chances for rain starting tonight through tomorrow night.

Phone company showed up yesterday morning around 10. Had to explain the story (again). He had to call someone. Finally got everything straightened out. That's when I found out that only one guy has the equipment to mark the lines. Had to wait until well after lunch for him. Finally got the line marked. This morning I'll start digging out the tall grasses. Also need to go to Menards to buy the new bushes. I only need three so it won't be too expensive. Other plans for today include a bike ride and a trip to the grocery store for milk and bread.

All stay safe.

Tom