The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-24-2020

Good morning
        Still rain here until this afternoon when it will start changing into the white form.  Weather people say 3 to 7 by tomorrow, my bet is less. 
Hanging some T5 lights in the garage. I think I can make that 30 minute job last all day, then I will play with trains.

Tom, I am offering some prayers to help you though these terrible times. As days said, we are here, lean on us.

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-24-2020

62 and threat of storms.  Family coming at 4.  Wifey at work for a while leaving me instructions.   Eek

Tom, stay safe driving in the snow and etc.

All have a great Christmas.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-24-2020

Tom:
I'm just catching up on the posts here...

My condolences and prayers!!

Be safe!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 12-24-2020

Good afternoon folks

It is 59 with light rain. We supposed to get heavy rain later tonight.

Getting here late today. I had to do a bunch of running. PetSmart for food and litter, Bed Bath and Beyond for a last-minute gift, and the grocery store for supplies for dinner tonight.

Days like this do challenge my Christmas spirit at times. The drivers that have to first or get that close parking spaces and people acting like ignorant idiots in the stores are some of the joy suckers. Today in the grocery store I had a doozy. I grabbed a cart and put a carton of eggs in it. I had to go to the bathroom, so I parked the cart out of the way. I come back to find no cart. The eggs are on the shelf near where I left the cart.

Last night I helped my son deliver packages with children’s gifts, food, coats, and other clothing to people who had requested help. My wife is helping him today as I had a full day and I have to make dinner. Our version of the Seven Fishes is Surf and Turf.

Getting close to starting dinner so I better get off the computer.

I hope you and your families have a Merry Christmas.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-25-2020

Merry Christmas, gang.

-1 headed for +29 this afternoon and skies should be clear.

My grandson picked up the toyboxes yesterday afternoon and seemed v-e-r-y happy with them. Otherwise a quiet day. This morning I'll be heading to my son's place to get the papers I forgot the other day. I did see that McDonald's will be open so I won't have to pack a lunch. Round trip should be about 7 hours.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-25-2020

Good morning and a very Merry Christmas to you all. I looked around and saw that Santa left me a note to go over my son's house later this morning. He said he did a family drop-off there.

Temps right now (5:00AM) in the high 40's, heading to the high 60's this afternoon. Really chilly, especially with the wind. Forgot to close the garage door, lots of Bougainvillea petals (a plant that has red flowers all year), to clean up now thanks to the wind. You would hope that the wind would blow out the sawdust on the floor, but nooooo, it doesn't work that way. Nope

Tom, take it easy driving, don't know what your roads are like, but with freezing temps, be careful.

Everyone have a great Christmas and I hope Santa treats you and yours well.

Oh, BTW, if you're in need of Valentine candy, Walmart has been selling it since the past week, then comes the jelly beans and chocolate bunnies.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-25-2020

Good morning. We have 6 inches of freshly fallen white stuff and the temperature  is falling like a stone. Our neighbor just plowed our driveway with his quad so I can remain inside and let the snow blower rest.

My son Rick (the mechanic) was told yesterday his boss has the covid so he is quarantined from us for the next couple weeks. He thinks he had it about 6 months ago but never went to the doctor.

We are just going to stay at home until we have had the vaccine. It's not that I am anymore afraid of it but would be stupid to get it with the shot so close.  We should be able to get it in 2 to 4 weeks.

I wish you a safe travel today Tom. I hope you have dry highways. 

We had 2 county snow plows involved in a wreck yesterday. They were headed down a hill and the lead truck evidently lost his brakes and both trucks went into the creek at the bottom of the hill. Both were loaded with salt and slag and the roads were wet, but still above freezing. I imagine they will be slow clearing the county roads today being short 2 trucks. 

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-25-2020

Merry Christmas Blue.

My luck ran out. We have several inches of snow on the ground at 20 degrees.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-25-2020

Afternoon.  Merry Christmas.  Back from breakfast at SisterIL's..  39 degrees finally.  Was 69 yesterday and 2" of rain.  Did see a few fluries this AM.  Really cold tonight.  

All stay warm and safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 12-25-2020

Good evening folks

It is definitely colder now than at 10 AM. Temperature is 29 down from 62 earlier.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Just getting a chance to check in. I have to go check on the ham and prepare the glaze shortly. Dinner will be ready in about a half hour. Spent the day opening gifts and trying things on. So far only a few returns. I got some train stuff. Details to follow later.

We had a bunch of rain yesterday. I heard anywhere from 1 to 3 inches. Almost all the major creeks and rivers were over flood stage. Later the wind came. One of our lawn signs was blown sideways. I have not had a chance to check for other damage to the Christmas decorations.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-25-2020

Glad you posted Tom I'm glad you are safe. I wish you too a good evening.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-26-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 15 headed for sunny and 30. Very typical winter day.

7 hours and 25 minutes including potty and fuel breaks. 5 minutes of that time was spent at my son's place. All that driving gave me time to think. Rather than have a bunch of people show up and trip over each other to get everything moved I'm going to take one of my grandsons down there and the two of us can get things organized and packed up. Then I can set up a trailer convoy to get everything moved. This morning I'll be paying the rent for another month on everything so that we actually have the time to do this properly.

Monday I will try to call my lawyer to see what I need to do to take control of my sons assets (and liabilities). I'm hoping to be able to go back there by Tuesday morning but there's another storm coming on Tuesday and Wednesday so Everything may get pushed off until after the first of the year.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-26-2020

Good Morning     

Pretty much sums it up. I am having a cup of hot chocolate and just going to enjoy the day.  Got word yesterday that one of my SIL's has covid and is in the hospital.  This isn't good as she has a very bad heart. Her husband has Parkinson's and is an epileptic so is in a bad way. 
their son is stepping in to help out.  

All the best for everyone, be extremely careful. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-26-2020

Good morning everyone. All-in-all, I had a decent Christmas. I went to my son's house for brunch and a gift exchange. Being a caretaker for the past eight years, it's been a long time since I had that pleasure. My wife and I decided long before her illness started that we would no long exchange presents. I'm sure she was there watching us yesterday. Fell asleep watching football. How long I don't know but I remember that the score was 14-17 when I fell asleep, and 33-45 when I woke up. Wow!!! Then I slept an extra two hours this morning, I guess us old folk get tired easily.

My great-grandson (due in April), has a name, I remember back in the days when you couldn't do that until the baby was born and you knew its gender. Anyway, I need to build something on my layout with him and his father's name on it. I have a structure for each one of my other family members. I will scratch build a sporting goods store for them. I have room on Main street for one.

Tom, glad you made the trip safely. Lots of paperwork and loose ends to take care of, I hope it goes easy for you.

I hope everyone here had a great Christmas. Our church was nowhere nearly as crowded as usual on Christmas. It normally seats 800, but it limited to 145, even then, there wasn't that many there. I don't blame anyone for not going anywhere, it's scary out there. I notice that Walmart has about as many people picking for "pickup" or "delivery" as there are actual shoppers. What they need now is home pickup or drop-off for returns today..... Goldth

Take care and have a great weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-26-2020

Afternoon all.  Charlie B, better off than you.  37 and wind chill in the 20's.  Fair.

Been putting away Christmas.  Still got Hallmark trains to put on shelves in Train Box.  Three Menards buildings to put on layout.

Now a Wifey saga. Back in early Oct. she ordered 2 very nice hoverboards from Walmart.com. We got them in Nov. Well, seems big box only had one. Walmart showed two. She calls and gets some guy who supposedly got one shipped ASAP. Well, Wifey does not follow up. Finally I do. No such order # and no such FEDEX tacking number. So she calls. Gets nice lady. Gets supervisor who puts expedite on it. Maybe 24th. From Texas. We do check and says in route. FEDEX email says delayed due to weather in mid west. undefined [Texas to NC, no mid west]. Well it came today with another extra one!!! undefined Yes, so far, CC shows only one charge. Well, Saturday she rushes across the county [big county] to a Target and picks up one [not as nice and for smaller kids] so both twins will have one to open. Mom was instructed not let twin open until later. Wifey off to meet DIL with one of the boxes. Question??? If not charged, should she keep it for the inconvenience she experienced? 

Have a good one.