The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-10-2021

Ready to head to hospital for MRI. 73 degrees and sunny.

Hope today brings more healing. Breathing getting better.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-10-2021

And a good Saturday morning to ya all. Really slept late this morning, Brenda's Kitchen is closed on weekends and I'm getting less and less to liking how our local Denny's cooks their food, so no need to get up early to eat out.

David, I agree, now days you might just get a little slip of paper telling you where to find the instruction manual. I give Harbor Freight high marks. You can buy the simplest of tools, and there will be an instruction sheet in the package. Sometimes though, the first six pages are all about product safety and warnings about what not to do. "be sure to unplug your power drill before putting into the dishwasher", or, "do not eat the nuts that come in the package, they have way too much iron in them to be healthy".... Icon_lol Well, some of them are just about as stupid as that. 35

Frank, we all hope so too, sounds like you're heading in the right direction.

Saw an article in Foxnews about the big monsoon storm to hit the Phoenix area last night. Check the rain map, they got some way to the southeast along the I-10 corridor where they usually start, but not a drop anywhere else. I guess the wind was bad enough to knock out power for some folks down there. Not a good thing when it's suppose to hit 114 today. We had a mild spring, but we're paying for it now.

Take care and have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-10-2021

Spent from 10 AM to 12 noon in MRI. Then Wifey took me by for two Snoopy's hotdogs. Came home by way of Home Goods [I sat in car] and Food Lion [I sat in car]. Finally by Sam's Club where I pumped gas. Been resting most of the afternoon. Was really thirsty all afternoon. Nurse said drink a lot to get contrast out.

Now back to couch.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-11-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny (finally) and 61. The high for today is supposed to be in the upper 70s with no rain in the forecast for a few days. Got another half inch of rain yesterday.

Yesterday was pretty quiet. Rained off and on for most of the day. I gave up on the bike ride and took a three mile walk in the rain. Very pleasant. Only other accomplishment was laundry. Today I need to write out a couple of bills, After it warms up I'll go for a bike ride an mow the yard.

Continuing prayers for Frank.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-11-2021

Good morning good people, Sunday once again and a third of the way through July. Looks like they had some rain yesterday on the east side again. Zippo for our side of the valley.... We're still in an "excessive heat warning" through tonight. Right now they just rubber stamp the forecasts, "very hot, high humidity (20%+), a chance of rain, high dew point", and did I mention, HOT?

Doing P/T exercises, I'm suppose to log into a web site and let them know when I've done a session, that's three times a day. I earn "points' when I do, big problem is that they don't say if I can redeem those points for anything other than attaboys Nope ...... I remember having a credit card years ago that I earned "points" whenever I used it and could redeem those points for some really lame things worth a few dollars each at best. I've not used that card since the one I use now gives me 2% cash back on everything, and another one that gives me 5% back on different things throughout the year. Cash back is more exciting over trinkets.

Frank, sometimes the testing procedures are harder on you than the ailment, but necessary or the insurance company wouldn't OK them. Frustrating how they keep such a tight grip on your medical care, but it sounds like you're getting the care you need and you're doing better.

Hope everyone is doing well, enjoy the day... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-11-2021

Hello Blue
A rainy Sunday 66/75 today. At least it's lite rain.
No special news, no walk in the rain, gonna ride the bike instead.

S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-11-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is 84 heading to 85 with a 30% chance of thunderstorms.

The wife and ran to Kohl's to pick up an online order and return something.

I ran some trains last night.

I hope everybody has good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-11-2021

86 and cloudy. Popup showers and thunder.

Cathy came while Rodney [SonIL] mowed. Good visit. Wifey, sister and her hubby gone to Smithfield shopping.

Had a slow start this AM. Chicken noodle soup and a nap and feel a lot better.

Hope all have and great and safe week ahead.

Back to the couch and TV.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-12-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and a little cool at the moment but it's warming rapidly. Should get to the low 80s this afternoon. NWS talking about some severe weather for Wed. afternoon and evening.

Decent day yesterday. Rode the bike and got the yard mowed. Also made a successful run to Walmart and Menards. Not much planned for today other than a trip to the gym. I need to reach out to some long time friends. We've both been busy lately and it's time for a chat. Gas price down to $2.82 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-12-2021

Good morning all, Still hot, sticky and no rain here. Today, temps around 110, chances of rain varies from 5% to 51% depending on which one you're looking at. That still says there a very good chance that it won't rain, and I can make that prediction without a million dollars of weather equipment.

Got a few appointments today, not sure how much I'm going to get done beyond that. Can't tell whether it's the heat or just old age that drains the energy out of you. Probably both. Will eat breakfast after my first appointment for my annual physical. They always weigh you there regardless of why you came. "But I just need to pickup a prescription". "Never mind, just get your butt on that scale. Wow, had a big breakfast did you???"..... Reminds me of when I was in the service.... Waiting Went to physical therapy the other day. I filled out about 42 pages of questions on the Internet before I got there, but still had about a half-dozen more sheets of paper, plus a few more on a tablet when I showed up. I figured that all that writing counted as my therapy session.... They didn't though. Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-12-2021

79 and sunny. Super heat for today. Slept OK in big bed.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-12-2021

Good morning folks

It is 85 and heading up to 88. It feels like a hot wet blanket when you go outside. We are under a Heat Advisory until tomorrow evening. They say we have a 50% chance of thunderstorms. The storms last night went around us and we got nothing.

I did some weeding of the front gardens yesterday. Surprisingly I was not too stiff this morning. No modeling last night. Perhaps some tonight.

I have to run to the grocery store to get the things I forgot the other day. Need to run to Kohl’s to pick up another online order for the wife. I can’t complain too much as it is some shorts for me, part of a late Fathers’ Day gift.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-13-2021

Good morning everyone, another storm yesterday, but again, hit the northeast side of the valley and so we are safe from getting wet yet another day. Enough said. Icon_cry Got my annual physical yesterday, they will put on masks only if you want, I can finally see my doctor's face and understand what everyone there is saying. Physical therapy is another story, I haven't a clue what those folks look like.

I have a free day today, no appointments, no shopping to do and my household chores are optional. Gives me time to work on that Gold Rush model. Progress is slow, but I am enjoying the challenges it presents.

Has anyone here played Cornhole? I thought it was just a backyard game until I saw a listing on TV about the National Cornhole playoffs. They actually have a professional Cornhole league with decent money for the playoff winners. Actually have national champions, men, women and doubles. Talked to my son Pat and, "yeah, we have a professional set", and, "we can set it up as soon as it cools down". I'd like to try that, it looks like fun and isn't a contact sport played with a ball Icon_e_biggrin .... It's the only game I've seen where competitors fist-bump and the loser hugs the winner after the game. Maybe some of these others sports could learn to do that instead of taunting the other players. Didn't know this, but it's called, "Cornhole" because those bags are filled with corn feed... Who knew?

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-13-2021

Greetings, gang.

I'm definitely not getting tired of the current weather pattern. Sunny skies, low to mid 80s, and moderate humidity. That will change tomorrow as our very good friends at the national Weather Service are predicting strong to severe storms for tomorrow with a couple of inches of rain and some chances for tornadoes.

Yesterday was fairly routine but about 2 AM I woke up hearing a bunch of yelling. Looked out the window and I could see flashing red and blue lights. Finally found the source on the east side. 3 police cars and a county sheriff had some guy handcuffed and laying on the ground. I won't know anything more until tomorrow. The police log runs from midnight to midnight before it's published on line.

In other news there is no other news. Only project for today is a bike ride. If I look around the house I might find some ambition to wash the car but the outlook is not hopeful.

Don - cornhole has been a family picnic staple in the midwest for years, along with another game called (among other things) ladder toss. A framework about 3 feet tall generally made of pvc pipe with crossbars at about one foot intervals. The object is to toss a pair of beanbags tied together with twine to wrap around the crossbars. The higher up the bar the better your score. Both are nice low impact games for family outings.

All stay safe.

Tom
Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-13-2021

Slow this AM but feel OK. Can't stay awake. I'm guessing that the new nausea meds is making me sleepy.

Wake up and drink some sweet ice tea with lemon. Back to sleep. Did watch [through eye lids] Barn Wood Builders. Living Off The Grid next. Then sleep.

Hope all are OK.