The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-27-2021

Nothing to report here. working on the motorhome I should say supervising the work. Everything is going well.
Great news from you Frank. Keep up the good work. 
Everyone else stay safe, 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-28-2021

Good morning all, just a brief report, no rain yesterday, probably none until the weekend, temps a bit over 100, all this normal for this time of the year. But if we have a huge "Haboob"(dust storm), blow in with an inch of rain, that' also normal.

Frank, good to see that you're making progress. Keep it up.

Not much else to talk about, except that we are seeing just about all prices going up, went to pick up some Mexican carryout, found it up about 10% from their website pricing, many food items up a few cents to a few dollars.  Gas here right now is holding steady at $3.09, been that way for a few months now. Oil is lower, why not gas? Wonder why they never had a vehicle that could run on crude oil? Just think of all the middlemen that you could bypass. Icon_rolleyes 

Take care, have a fun day and stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-28-2021

Greetings, gang.

76 already headed for 97 and very humid. Cooler by Friday.

Day 1 of babysitting went very well. Day 2 is off to an interesting start. The youngest (2 and a half) and I were having a very nice balloon fight when one of the dogs decided to join in. The balloon did not survive. What did survive were the myriad little Mylar dots inside. We had a lovely time picking them up. One more day this week and possibly 4 days next week.

Frank - excellent progress. Really glad to hear you're doing so well.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-28-2021

84 and sunny [94 in the sun]. Guy came and looked at pickup. "How much do you want for it?" Sicker shock kicked in. We will talk some more. Now headed by Wifey's work to look at CRV.

HVAC guys are putting the third coat of Flex Seal [liquid in the can] on condensate pan crack.

Dragging a little this AM. Sure I'll do better later. "Slept like a dog."

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-29-2021

Greetings, gang.

hazy/cloudy and already 78 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. The humidity is an atrocious 91%, making for a miserable day so far. The high for today is supposed to be in the upper 80s. Much cooler by tomorrow.

Yesterday went well after the balloon issue was resolved. This morning I'll be heading out to Walmart and the grocery store shortly. Beer and bereavement this evening. I'm probably going to skip the bike ride today. Just too miserable outside.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-29-2021

74 and sunny. Heat index over 100 for today. Feeling good today. Blood ox is up.

Fred is already at the farms. Last spraying of herbicide worked. All grasses dead. Means he doesn't have to spray as much as he thought. Pull SD cards and come back.

Out the door for blood draw and then chemo.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-29-2021

Good morning good people, all is calm right now. TV weather guy showed a shot of a dust storm somewhere on the SE side, but it didn't last. No significant rain anywhere, a shower in Tonopah where we go shooting, and a few up in Wickenburg. They have recovered both the 4-year old and the teenager that got swept away while crossing flooding washes. They continually warn everyone not to do it, yet there are dozens of water rescues after a severe storm. They say that six inches of running water is enough to sweep a person off their feet, one foot is enough to sweep a car downstream.

So much for that, getting really tired of being asked to take surveys. Saw a doctor the other day and by the time I got home, I had an email request to provide my opinion on how the appointment went. I got one the other day, they wanted to know how my telephone call with "Leo" went, hadn't a clue who Leo is. Bought something from Home Depot a while back, they didn't like some of my remarks and wouldn't put my "review" up. Why ask if you didn't care to know, good or bad? Got a survey from an imaging dep't, and they called when I said that I couldn't recommend them. I told them that wasn't my place, referrals all come from doctors, not patients. She agreed. Someone, like Survey Monkey, is making big bucks and irritating a lot of folks in the process Icon_mad ...........

Have a great day everyone, stay cool and stay dry.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-29-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is 77 heading to 80. It is overcast at the moment. We had a short shower around dawn. We are supposed to get some nasties later this afternoon.

I have not been on much this week as it has been crazy. My wife had either doctor appointments or test all this week. She was supposed to get a procedure done today but it was canceled because the cardiologist office would not clear her. They set up a two day stress test for her and she has not be able to complete the second day. The test involves lying on a flat plastic surface with your arms above you and your legs strapped to the surface and then you are stuffed in a tube. They give you an injection which stresses your heart. First day about 4 hours was torturous for her. She is claustrophobic, has a bad back, and has breathing issues. The first time she tried day 2 the machine went down. The second time her claustrophobia got the better of her. After the second try the cardiologist office canceled the procedure and when my wife spoke to the nurse, the nurse did not listen to her concerns and was downright rude. This is the same nurse who was rude and disrespectful to my wife's primary doctor when he was trying to get the tests moved from late August to now due to my wife needing the procedure. My wife tried for a third time today and it failed due to her having breathing issues during the test. The radiology people said not to worry and they would send the results as and have a report prepared. They were very sympathetic and helpful once they found out about what my wife was going through with the cardiologist's office. Also my wife had an echocardiogram yesterday that showed no problems or changes since the one she had in 2017. My wife will be speaking to her primary today or tomorrow and asking him to recommend a new cardiologist. When my wife sees the her current cardiologist next she is gong to inform him that she likes him but cannot remain a patient due to the rudeness, uncaring, and bad attitude of his office staff. No more test for a week are scheduled. The next one is a sleep study.

With all this craziness I did get the couplers converted on an IHC Southern Pacific coach. I used the Kadee #508 coupler kit. I had a few minor issues but got things to work. When I changed the wheels to 36 inch metal a problem developed. The molded brakes rubbed against the wheels stopping them. After some thought I just removed them. The car was seriously under weight. I had to add two ounces to bring it up to a similar Walthers Mainline coach. I did have an issue with installing the coupler at the location the kit recommended which was to have the trip pin even with the end of the car. On curves the coupler would catch on the frame and derail the car. I moved the coupler out past the end of the car and the problem went away. I have a couple more cars to do.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-29-2021

Long day. Blood draw at 9:10, Dr. at 10:15 and chemo at 10:45. Left chemo room at 4:45.  Had extra meds including long term nausea med [I reacted too]. A strong dose of Benadryl. Reason for not leaving until late. Benadryl. Blood pressure was really low and I would not wake up.  Also, had not eaten all day.

Now to watch TV [probably from behind eyelids].

Dr. overjoyed with my progress. Getting new pants as old ones fall off without belt. With belts, "tucks" and "pleats" everywhere.

Later

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-29-2021

Don:
I have a response that "I can't recommend any co. that asks me to fill out surveys."

Someone at RMWeb said that their IT dept generated survey requests after each telephone call. One of the executives had a problem that took a long series of phone calls.

Chief: I can now take off my pants without undoing the front; I just unfasten the belt. I think I need braces.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-30-2021

77 and fair. Chance of rain later due to front coming through.

Fred did a good job at the farms yesterday. Sprayed a lot. One Stealth camera had water in it. Will retrieve it and send it back. Now have two extras here. [Midway had a great sale on them. Stocked up.]

BR, like real train engineers. 

Feel great. [knock n wood] Yesterday's treatment was a zoo. Great nurse. That helped.

Hope all have a great day with some happy times.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-30-2021

Good morning all, got woke up a few hours ago with a storm passing through, dropped around 1/4". Started raining again a few minutes ago, just what we need.

Today is Brenda's last day at Brenda's Kitchen. A few of us regulars chipped in for a going away present. Will find out what it is this morning. She and her husband Rick has had this restaurant for over 22 years. Let's hope the new owners treat us the same way that Brenda has, like family.

Working on my layout, got most all my old structures unpacked. A lot of them have damage, a few are warped, many broken parts, all repairable. Gunna keep me busy for a while. Tomorrow, Pat, my son, is coming over and we'll build the layout extension. A few years ago, I built the layout myself, age is now making the difference, plus it's nice to be able to work together on a project, besides, I've got the table saw..........

Frank, looks like things are going your way, keep it up my friend. You and everyone else have a great day and a even better weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-30-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and hazy and smoky this morning. 66 now headed for 79 later and a chance of rain tonight.

Fairly quiet day yesterday and the next few days look to be much the same. Pool this morning and maybe a bike ride this afternoon. Saw a headline where there was a tornado in or near Philadelphia. Hope TomPM is ok.

Frank - sounds like you're doing exceptionally well. Really glad to hear it.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-30-2021

Hello Blue
Sun and 70s today.
While many places are bone dry we have had too much rain.
Not much to talk about, a friend came by the other day with some Williams engines he wanted to sell so we checked them and got all of them working. An age old problem, the grease dries up and has to be removed and replaced.
Some forum friends including Da Chief in need of prayers.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-31-2021

Gooood morning. 75 and cloudy. Rain???

Woke up feeling good. Slept with CPAP on. Went back to bed and CPAP seemed to be hindering my breathing. Maybe me no needs CPAP anymore due to weight loss. ? Blood ox low when I got up. OK now.

Tongue is sore. Meds I'm sure. Some good coffee while Wifey cooks breakfast. She went by gro that has a butcher shop. got lots of good cut meats. Including butcher cut bacon. Now cooking bacon [house smells great], eggs and cheese grits.

Nothing on agenda.

Have a good one.