The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-31-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and some light fog this morning. 63 right now headed for the low 80s. Got about a half inch of rain yesterday. Lows in the 50s and highs in the low 80s for the next several days. Very cool for August.

Not much going on around here. Big excitement for today is a trip to the farmers market to get a tomato and a couple of ears of corn. BLT's for supper tonight. Laundry and a bike ride are the only activities for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-01-2021

Hello Blue
Sun and 70s today.
Meet up with some club members yesterday got the modular layout ready for our Sept gathering.
Getting cataract surgery tomorrow morning so not sure how it will affect my reading till new glasses arrive. I will still need them.
Be back when I'm able.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-01-2021

Greetings, gang.

More haze and smoke in the skies over the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 74 right now headed for about 80 with moderate levels of humidity. Should be a nice day.

Yesterday was pretty mellow. Got what I needed from the farmers market. Also had a chance to visit with a former o-worker and her husband. This morning I watched a VERY entertaining Formula 1 race. Up next is a bike ride followed by ...?

SJ - prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-01-2021

I'm here. Woke up around 4:30 with a chill. Knew my blood ox was low. Hard breathing. Took a treatment and crashed. On aux O2 for a while. Will get through this.

Enjoy your week.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 08-01-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is a dreary 71 going up to 72 with storms. Weather has bizarre around here. Last week we had a storm front come through that spawned 9 tornadoes throughout Lehigh County, Bucks County, Northeast Philadelphia, and South Jersey. They ranged from EF0 to EF2 and an EF3 that hit Bensalem and Trevose, Bucks County.

Ran some errands yesterday including a run to a PetSmart in Downington which is a 40 minute one way trip. I was only able to get four cans. I still need to find some more. Today I need to run to the grocery store.

I converted the couplers, and added metal wheels to an IHC Amtrak Roomette. I still need to add weight to the car. I tested the car in a train it worked even without the needed weight. I need to pick a structure to work on.I am thinking about either the passenger station or platforms.

SJ good luck with the surgery.

Chief keep fighting.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-02-2021

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and parka weather outside. Only 54 degrees at the moment. The high should be near 80 again.

Very quiet day yesterday. Started out on my bike ride yesterday with the intention of riding 19 miles. Gave up after 12 as my legs were tired for some reason. Babysitting again today and tomorrow. Only 1 today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-02-2021

I'm here. Blood Ox down so start from beginning and rebuild. Think I have a little congestion. So, not breathing as deep as was. Doing "maintenance". Shower, shave [hardly no beard after 3 days] and some things. will go slow. Slept good.

Wiley and I were just sharing a Moon Pie. Cheese toast for breakfast. Only thing that does not taste like cardboard. That and Sunkist orange drinks.

Maybe watch some DVR'd shows or Netflix.

Enjoy your day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-03-2021

Greetings, gang.

More haze this morning with 54 degree temperature. High around 80.

Yesterday was easy. Only had the 2 year old and he slept for 3 and a half hours yesterday afternoon. Then his dad got home early. One more day today then a day off. Thursday will be a short day and then I don't know about Friday. Gas price doing it's usual goofy dance. Back down to $2.78 yesterday then up to $2.89 this morning.

Continuing prayers for Frank and all who need it.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-03-2021

Good morning all, temps, humidity, gas prices, food prices, tempers are all up. Patience seems to be the only thing that is getting lower. Been watching a new show about things that have been going on at airports and in planes, and some are not fit to show on TV, but of course, they do, there's always the ratings to show advertisers.

Just plugging along with my layout extension. Got all the parts cut, cannot work out in the garage for more than about a half-hour at a time, if it's 110 outside, it has to be 150 in the garage. Right now with the humidity as high as it is, I've got a 20' x 20' sauna, a dirty one at that with all the fine dust created with sawing a sheet of MDF. If I were smart, I'd move the saw outside and let the wind do the sweeping up.

Prayers for everyone in need. Have a great day  Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-04-2021

Greetings, gang.

The sky is full of smoke again this morning making it look cloudy. 59 now headed for 83. Chance for rain tonight but not a very good one.

Another easy babysitting day yesterday. Left their place and got over half way home and realized I had forgotten my phone. This morning I need to pay bills and make a grocery run. Tomorrow and Friday are babysitting days again and then I'm hopefully done. My daughter was supposed to babysit the boys today but she's been exposed and has to quarantine for 10 days. The boys' other grandmas is stepping up to fill in.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-04-2021

Good morning Big Blue, not much going on here, we are in an, "excessive heat warning" once again, pushing 115 today, around the record. Was going to try to go target shooting on Monday, but they keep upping the high temp, so I just think I'm going to pass at least until mid-September. No real rain in the forecast until next week and to be honest, no one knows for sure if and how good the chances are. They can replace their multi-million dollar weather stations with a $10 dart board and get the same results.

Had an early morning appointment, but got a call that their ultrasound machine is broke, so I can eat breakfast today, but not on Friday when it's been rescheduled.

You all have a great day, make it a fun day regardless of what you're doing.. Goldth

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-04-2021

Hello Blue
Sun and 80s today slowly rising through the week into the 90s. That is hot for us. That 100+ is why some are snowbirds.
I'm recovering from cataract surgery, gotta get use to the brightness. Eyeball is a little sore but does not hurt.
Guys must be out enjoying the last month of summer as the train forums I follow are kinda slow with new post.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-04-2021

We're having a bit of a do with the motor home. Last Septemeber it wouldn't start, although the battery was giving 12V. Dash lights on, but starter just clicked. Since we didn't have anywhere to go, we just left it.
This month we talked to a garage who would take it. But CAA won't tow from a storage facility. And one of the back tires seems flat. Tow company said we'd need a "float"; garage said that's expensive. Garage man will meet us tomorrow to see if they can get it moving.
There's still no place to go.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-05-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 64 with the rain just ending. Got about a half inch in the rain gauge. High for today around 80 again. Warming for the weekend and more chances for rain Saturday and Saturday night.

Pretty quiet day yesterday The bills are paid so I can stay in the house for another month. Gas price jumped to $2.99 but one station hadn't got the memo so I quickly filled the tank. The price will probably drop again. Babysitting again today but should be done early.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-05-2021

Good morning all, got up a few minutes early this morning, got two appointments today. Called the yard guy yesterday morning, showed up late in the afternoon and they didn't leave until 6:00, they worked the hottest part of the day trimming a couple of huge cacti. One prickly pear was about to take over the front yard, now it looks more reasonable.

David, your battery should be closer to 14 volts rather than 12. One trick is to measure the voltage when the starter is running. If the voltage drops, you have a bad battery. You can also turn on your headlights and watch them dim as you try to start it.

I think it'll be a bit cooler today, suppose to only get to 111, but even then, no two forecasters agree.

No change in our gas prices, Tucson is the lowest in the state at $2.68, but I'm not driving 300 miles round trip just to save a few dollars. What gets me is that there are three Costco's in Phoenix selling gas for $2.79,  but it's $2.92 here, a few miles away.  I find that true with other stations as well, higher prices at some stations than at others depending on where they are.