The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-16-2021

Greetings, gang.

Yet another pleasant day underway in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's a pleasant 62 headed for a slightly warm 87 later this afternoon. With the low humidity it will make for a very nice day.

Life is in the very slow lane around here. My biggest excitement yesterday was oiling a bike chain. Gas price yesterday morning when I was on my bike ride was $2.83.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-16-2021

Good morning, rained again last night, got up to 1/2" north of us around Wickenburg and south of us all the way to Apache Junction, but not a drop our way. Forecasts are confusing, as usual, one says 51% chance of rain another says 0 for the same day. Did see an unusual sight on the news, the roadbed washed out in Gila Bend and the train was stopped, bridging about a 50' gap. Not sure what was holding up the one car with two containers, it was sitting on the track with nothing below but rushing water.

Good to see you getting around a bit Frank, keep it up.

Just one appointment today, had one yesterday over at the hospital, a Sunday, for all my pre-op testing. Good time, really quick check-in and testing and I guess those folks are working 24/7. Got another Covid-19 test, the last time I think the guy pushed the swab clear into my brain, Eek this time the gal was a bit more gentle. You have to wonder why the swab sticks are about 10" long, giving them the idea that they can go deep. Waiting Sounds like a football play.....

Have a great day everyone, stay safe and prayers for all those folks in Afghanistan.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-16-2021

Hello Blue
Cloudy this morning with an expected Hi in the low 80s.
Storms knocked the power out for three days, we have a generator, nice to sleep without hearing them running all over the neighborhood. 
I don't remember a summer with so many storms. Usually by now our lawn is turning brown from lack of rain.
Took my wife for a haircut this morning, wandered around a Dollar store while waiting, good thing I had no money with me or we woulda come home with a bunch of stuff we didn't need. lol
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 08-16-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is 78. Supposed to reach 81.

I got an opportunity to sleep a little later so I did. Weeded four gardens yesterday so I welcomed the extra sleep. I have several more to do but my back is saying not to try it today so maybe tomorrow. I helped the wife clean the kitchen earlier today. Gave the toaster a through cleaning. Took about 5 minutes to get all those nasty crumbs out of it.

We went out to the fish pond and found a couple of surprises. We bought 10 fished last summer and had all ten when winter came. All ten survived. Today we saw two juveniles so we are now at 12 fish. We wonder if there could be more hiding in the water lilies.

After the weeding yesterday I ran to PetSmart and Target. Saturday I did the grocery store and produce store runs.

No modeling got done this weekend. Maybe something later tonight.

Thank you for your thoughts regarding the lose of our dog.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-17-2021

Good morning everyone, slept a bit late this morning, who wouldn't after being woke up a number of times during the night with "emergency alerts". Flooding in "my" area, just that the area code on my cell phone is in the east side of town where the storm is, still not a drop here when I woke up. Finally found where to turn these alerts off, so let's hope I sleep through the next storm on the east side.

Nothing else of significance going on here today, got one appointment, otherwise, the day is mine to do as I wish.

Take care, have a great and happy day.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-17-2021

Hello Blue
Fog this morning, Hi of 82 for the day.
Still some areas without power, day 6.
Adventure for the day is lunch with some of my wife's HS classmates. That will be my big meal for the day.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-17-2021

Evening all.  Busy day.  Visit from Daughter for a few hours.  All seem OK.  Blood ox doing good.  Now off to bed.  Hope all are doing OK.  Prayers for those who need them.  God bless.    

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-18-2021

Greetings, gang.

Hazy right now but I can't tell if it's clouds or smoke. Supposed to clear off later and hit the upper 80s.

Quiet day yesterday. Today looks to be the same. Swimming this morning and run the edger around the sidewalks this afternoon.

Continuing prayers for Frank and all others as needed.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-18-2021

Good morning all, busy day today, just not sure when. Getting conflicting times between the doctor's office and the hospital what time I need to be there. I'll call again before we go.

Rain to the east and south of us, missed us again. Some areas got over 5" of rain the past seven days. We squeaked in at just under one inch. Next week we're back to, "plenty of sunshine" and temps pushing 110. At least we'll be back to low humidity as well.

That's it for now, everyone have a great day, and also, prayers for those that need the help, especially the people over in Afghanistan.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-18-2021

We had ground breaking for big mixed use complex downtown.  I am the one who got it here.  Was on fast track until I left as Mayor.  Finally got it through. I am the one in the middle with flowery shirt.  

[Image: 00-Nju1lgOcLQEjrLJr0-EZ46_XGFlPm3PPTCyPa...1629330372]

Hope all have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-18-2021

Good evening all. 
Rain here all day. I needed a sheet of OSB and finally decided to bite the bullet ang get it. A guy on FB market place had a whole pallet and he wanted 30 bucks a sheet. I think he got in on the price gouging too late , it was 12.75 at the local HD store. Last time I priced it it was over 40. 2 x 4s 8 foot were back to 3.33 so some things are getting back in line.  I think if everyone just quit buying ammo for a month it would drop too. 

For some reason I am not getting email notifications anymor so I need to do some checking to see if the provider has turned my spam filters back on. 
They don't work well so I keep them off, but the provider thinks at times that they know best. 

Prayers for everyone. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-19-2021

Greetings, gang.

It's a muggy 73 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Supposed to be 89 this afternoon.

Yesterday was an ok day. Swimming in the morning then after lunch I ran the edger around the sidewalks. Looks much better. Also found out the nice young couple across the street are leaving in two weeks. Moving to Montana. Gonna miss them.

Not much planned for today. Woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I think my body is rebelling. I've been trying to sleep a little longer lately and my body just told me not to do that any more. It prefers to sleep about 6 hours a night. A bike ride early this morning before it gets too warm.

Frank - glad to see you out and about.

All stay safe.

Tom

PS - gas jumped to $3.04 yesterday. First time over $3

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-19-2021

Hello Blue
Sun and 80s today.
Just checking in.
BLTs coming for breakfast.
We usually sit outside in the evenings but last night the house felt better than the stuffy air.
Daylight is getting shorter as sunset is 8:30 now, lost a full hour already.
Slept good, took a Tylenol PM. Woke once to Pee.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 08-19-2021

Good morning folks

It is a less humid 77 on its way to 86.

The remnants of Fred rolled through after midnight. Lot of rain with a brilliant light show. The NWS is investigating two possible tornadoes. If they are confirmed that will make 12 for this month in the Delaware Valley and South Jersey.

Been doing the usual house chores the past few days. Last night I had to go to four different Walgreens before I found the test strips for my wife's glucometer.

I painted the parts for the Walthers Station Platforms kit that I will be building next. I used a rattle can for some parts and got out the airbrush for others. I am still way out of practice with airbrush. That is one skill I am having troubles getting back from when I took a break from modeling. Today I hope to begin assembling the kit.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-19-2021

Good morning all, surgery went well yesterday, just got to look forward to a lot of pain for a few days, then about two months of no lifting anything heavy. Got operated on using a robot. Kind of like arthroscopically, but instead of physically moving the instruments, the doctor is looking at a monitor, pushing buttons and turning knobs. I saw the machine, and it's huge.  I guess manufactures get paid by the pound now days. I can see where this is all going, Star Trek stuff, the machine does all the work while the doctor goes to the cafeteria for coffee. Icon_e_surprised

Got orders not to sit around, so I'm going to do what I can on my layout. Got to finish up Tank Hill, and start getting some foam and track on my new extension.

Some pretty heavy rain yesterday with flooding and wind damage to the north, east and south of us, not a drop again in our area. Icon_cry

Everyone have a great day.