The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-31-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 63 headed for sunny and 80. Had a thunderstorm move through overnight that dropped an inch of rain in my rain gauge.

I finally got the patio power washed yesterday and also washed my bike. This morning I'll be heading to Menards and Walmart. Also need to stop at the bank and cash a couple of checks.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-31-2021

96 and 104 heat index. Suppose to cool tomorrow with some rain.

Back in the office. Checking on bank accounts and etc. Rested and napped since not much sleep last night.

Hope those in the storm's path are not flooding. Prayers for those who have lost everything.  Rifle forum buddy in NOLA is running on generator.  Survived good.  Has gas for lots of days.  Then truck gas. 

Have a good one. 

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-31-2021

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
Temp was 82 today. I turned the A/C off around 6pm as the low will be 60 overnight.
Some chit chat on other forums but nothing newsworthy.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-01-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 57 headed for sunny and 77. Got another quarter inch of rain yesterday morning.

Not much going on around here. The big excitement yesterday was digging out some volunteer trees from the yard. Also got another quarter inch of rain. Walmart and Menards trips were successful. This morning is swimming and I'll probably mow the yard this afternoon. Don't work too hard today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-01-2021

Good morning all, supposed to have had a downpour yesterday and this morning. Some areas got almost an inch, we got a little damp but not even enough to measure. Well, there's still today.... and tomorrow...

Not much else going on worth talking about. The Post Office was busy yesterday, maybe the snowbirds are coming early this year, or maybe just folks getting stuff mailed before the price increase. First Class is going up three cents, I can remember when First Class mail was three cents.

Prayers for those folks still stuck in Afghanistan and other areas of conflict, and for those that were in the path of hurricane Ida.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-01-2021

Good morning folks

It is 67 with a high of 78. It was raining heavily about an hour ago. At the moment it has stopped. The Flash Flood warning is about to expire. My daughter texted me saying she went through several areas where the power was out on her way to work.

I ran a few errands yesterday but not much else. I moved a few things around in the basement just in case we get water.

I am asking for prayers. Tomorrow my wife undergoes surgery. She has been experiencing bleeding in way that a woman her age should no longer experience. In April the bleeding got severe. Her ob/gyn ran a series of test and put her on medication to slow or stop the bleeding. The test revealed the lining of uterus had thickened. This is considered a precancerous condition. Since her mother had uterine cancer there is a great amount of concern. Tomorrow she will undergo a DNC to remove this extra lining. Another biopsy will be performed afterwards. This is the reason she has undergone so many tests over the last few months which has resulted in the surgery being postponed twice.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-01-2021

I'm just popping in to say hello. Still working on the RV and will be for another couple weeks. It's raining here, remnants of Ida but not as bad as folks south of us. 
Tom, prayers for your wife. I pray she has a full and speedy recovery. 
Continued prayers for Frank, and hoping Days continues improving. 
Time to cut some more pieces for the RV puzzle
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 09-01-2021

bone chilling 67 this morning , wife and i did some yard work.
jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-01-2021

Doing pretty good. Slept 9+ hours last night.  Tummy not settled so trying not to throw up [I don't do well throwing up].

Rain has missed us so far.

86 degrees and 92 heat index [how humid it is].

Buddy from rifle forum got to see the UP 4014 yesterday.  He agrees, a massive engine.

Later     

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-02-2021

Good morning all. It looks dry outside, but the rain map shows that we did get almost a tenth of an inch last night. No big lightning and thunder event, but rain no matter how little.

Tom, prayers for your wife and a successful surgery. We wish you both the best and a speedy recovery for your wife. And Frank, good to hear of your progress, you're in our prayers as well.

Saw a video from Costco of folks stocking up on toilet paper again. Carts full of three or four cases, one couple had two (all they could carry) each, they either have a huge family, or they're hording again. There is no shortage folks, why create one with panic buying? Yeah, the Covid numbers are going up, only around half the US is vaccinated, one story I heard is that they say that they're building up immunity, others think there are tracking chips in the vaccine, others claim that it's their right to oppose being controlled. None of this washes, just get the shots and be protected and this virus will go away. It's easy and it's free. Hospitals are filling up again, we have a shortage of nurses, all this is unnecessary if everyone had their shots.

Take care, and have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-02-2021

Nice fall weather. Suppose to last through tomorrow.

Home from chemo. Was magnesium [always with IV takes 1 hour] as usual. Then chemo which this time was 30 minutes. Big ones last 3 hours.

BoJ's for a ham and cheese biscuit and pintos. Got to eat. Still loosing weight.

Reminds me, whole house generator should be installed by end of month. Guy has everything but had shoulder operation. Why it will take longer.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-03-2021

Greetings, gang.

63 now headed for 72 later. Got another half inch of rain overnight.

Quiet couple of days around here. Biggest project was replenishing the paver sand on the patio after I power washed it. Need to make a quick trip to Menards this morning before the gym. Bill paying will be the big activity for this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-03-2021

Good morning and here we are at another Friday and three days into September already. Football starting up, although I'm not sure just how much I'll watch, especially when they don't respect our National Anthem, or our country, yet don't mind taking a few million dollars for playing their games here.

Things change, we could hit 100 today and on through next week, we're finished with the rain for a while as well. Still too hot to go target shooting, plus the doctor says I'm not to lift more than 15# for two months. I'll figure something out when the temps drop to reasonable.

Just taking some sitting down time and trying to paint the vehicles that I bought. The plastic ones are easy, the bodies come off so windows don't get in the way, but the pewter ones are frustrating to the point that I will probably strip the ones I've done and start over. I've got a number of different magnifying lenses and lamps and some brushes with just a few hairs, but remember, we're talking N scale and hands that don't work as well as they used to.

I hope Tom's wife's surgery was successful, prayers for her and all others in need.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-03-2021

Morning gang. Fall like outside. Slept pretty good. Doing the routine meds and breathing treatments.

Hope all have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-03-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is a bright and pleasant 68 going up to 72.

Th surgery went well. She came home about noon yesterday. She ate did a few things on the computer and passed out on the recliner. I passed out on the couch next to her for a while. I guess the exhaustion and stress got to me. The cats loved it as they had people to nap with all afternoon. Today she is still feeling a little groggy, but she is up and about trying to do things while taking it easy.

Today I am going to try to do some outside stuff since the weather is so nice. Later maybe I will get some trains in.

I hope everybody has a good day.