The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-14-2021

Morning. 6 1/2 hours sleep. Then wife awake. Wifey gone to shop for the day. Daughter coming sometime this AM. Home Duke nurse coming at noon. All with no copays. 

Nothing else on agenda. Daughter is going to install a Hulu app for free movies. She has extra TV on her account.

Sunny and hot.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-15-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear skies and cool temperatures are the weather words for this morning.  Currently 51 headed for 77 this afternoon.

I did not sleep well last night.  This morning I will be having my son's ashes interred.  It will be in the same location as my wife's grave.  I only slept about 4 hours last night.  This is proving to be much more difficult than I had anticipated.  One of my daughters and one of her sons will be there with me.

In other news this afternoon I have an appointment to have a couple of odd sores on my ears looked at.  After that I'll stop at the monument company to make arrangements for a stone for my son. All in all a busy day.

Frank - if your wife is out shopping you will have a copay! Eek Icon_lol

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-15-2021

Good morning all, temps slowly dropping, 106 yesterday, 105 today. Suppose to reach 100 by next week. Heck, next week is the beginning of Fall..... we are just a few weeks away from the flock of snowbirds flying in with their huge RV's towing something. The worse I ever saw years ago was an RV towing a car and a boat. Totally illegal.

Tom, I'm sorry you have to go through this, it's difficult and as you well know, never fully goes away. Prayers for you that you get though this and that the pain ease up for you.

Today and tomorrow are free days, nothing scheduled. My truck has been nagging me about needing an oil change soon (now down to 5%), there's a Valvolene quick change that just opened two blocks from my house, so I tried to find out what they charge, wound up on hold when I called, but they did offer to text me a $25 off coupon for full synthetic. Great, but HOW MUCH? Finally found something on the Internet, $90 and does not include tire rotation. Wow, just a bit pricey even with the coupon, so I made an appointment with another place about two miles away, $54 including tire rotation. The last time I went to Walmart, they charged $45, so what's the big deal at this new place, one pace ahead of inflation I guess... Waiting Oh yeah, there's always an extra charge for "waste disposable", (that's where they sell your used oil to a recycler), no matter where you go.

Went to Brenda's for breakfast yesterday. Brenda always changed the decor depending  on the season or holiday. The new owner finally took down the July 4th decorations and put up ones for Fall... I think she's catching on. It may be a bit late since a lot of the regulars are gone.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-15-2021

Good morning folks

It is 74 heading up to 87.

Been feeling a little under the weather the last few days. I have taken a nap after everyone left the house for work the last two days. I have not been sleeping well. Last night I did better with sleeping. I actually got double the previous night's. Still felt a little crappy this morning. Dropped my son off at his work. Feeling better just not 100%. I might take a short nap before I do my errands.

I finished the center section of the station except for the roof vents which I painted yesterday. I started working on one of the side sections. I got all the windows and glass installed. Next is assemble the walls.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-15-2021

Hot and humid.  Got a real PT workout this AM.  Actually guy cut it short as "too winded" at finish.  Rested so why I am late posting.  Got "banking" to do and then Wifey and I will do errands.  Chemo early out tomorrow.

Have a good one.   

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-16-2021

Good morning, good morning, starting to feel like Fall, looking at 105 today Misngth . That may sound hot, but remember, we've been at 108-110 for a few weeks now. But then I see some high 90's for the next week or so, just about time to pull out the longjohns. Icon_lol

Not much else going on, got a medical appointment tomorrow and no more for the rest of this month. Nothing else pressing so I can pick and choose what I want to do. Still spending more time on the couch than I like, but us old folk take a lot longer to heal, I'm doing good and I don't want to screw that up. I took a few cars out of my "junk yard" pile and am trying to make them usable. No harm done if I can't, I'm just doing it for the challenge and so I can work sitting down. I have a couple of DPM building kits that I bough, I don't know what I was thinking, I knew better. The windows are molded in making painting the kits a real chore. I guess I could start one of those if I want a long-time project.

Everyone have a great day,  stay safe and have fun doing something you like.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-16-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 63 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Sunny, 86 and windy (30+ mph) is the expected weather for this afternoon.

Yesterday was a bit of a struggle for me. It was made a little easier because the cemetery representative was my next door neighbor. Doctor visit was inconclusive as all they did was refer me to a dermatologist. According to the ARNP I saw that probably won't happen until sometime in December. After that I went to the monument company and the new stone may take months to get. Apparently the granite comes from overseas and it could be next spring before it arrives. Talk about a slow boat from China! Nothing on my agenda for today other than my last full Thursday group before the two go back to Nevada. I was thinking about playing golf this morning but the wind is supposed to get to about 30 mph so that's no fun.

Continuing prayers for all in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 09-16-2021

hi all . another day but no dollar. cool enough for me too work on layout till about 10:30 . Don what I've done with PM kits in ho is to replace the widows with tichy ones either shave cast frames off or install slightly larger windows.
jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-16-2021

Made I to the back and in the office. I hope I can keep this up. New O2 concentrator. Loud. Working right though.

Watched TV and napped a lot. So did Wifey as she didn't sleep well due to me not doing good.

Boiled cabbage I smell. Had BoJ's ham and cheese biscuit for breakfast and pinto beans for lunch. Large frappe for snack.

Later

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-17-2021

And a very good Friday morning to you all... FRIDAY!!!!!, man, time flies even when you're not having fun. Well, at least we're at a point where temps are starting to get down, still triple-digits on and off for a while, but I do see some high-90's giving some hope. Even a chance of rain, some say today and tomorrow, the TV lady says Monday and Tuesday. I say, wait and see...

Not much planned for this weekend, might watch a bit of football, I get upset when they start acting up, now they have pre-planned routines when they actually do something right that they're getting paid to do. My big concern is that our kids are picking up on this egocentric behavior and think that it's normal.

Frank, looks like your appetite is getting better, good sign. Prayers for you and others in need.

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable weekend.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-17-2021

Good morning folks

It is a dreary 69 with a predicated high of 77 and some possible showers.

Spent a good portion of the day yesterday doing those pesky household chores. I did have to run to PetSmart, the pharmacy, and the grocery store.

I worked some on the station kit. I got the left section done except for the roof and installed the windows and glass on the right section. I hope to assemble the walls today and finish assembling the kit over the weekend. Then come weathering.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-17-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 69 with rain knocking at the door. Probably won't be much but at least it's something. High of only 72 today after yesterday's high of 88.

Yesterday was pretty quiet for me. Only project was to get the yard mowed. Thursday group was lots of fun and laughter. Actually ran a little longer than usual. I don't think anyone wanted to say goodbye for the season. Won't see the two married ones again until next spring. Nothing really on the agenda other than a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-17-2021

Hello Blue
Sun and 70s today.
Early signs of fall here. The veggies are slowing, the tree next door is showing some red on the leaves. Sad that summer seems to go so fast.
We waxed the cars for winter yesterday, well my wife did most but I helped.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-17-2021

Made it to the back. Rested and napped after nurse visit and did my exercises. Now back to the couch for the night.

Hope all are OK and sleep well.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-18-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 52 headed to the low 80s this afternoon.

Fairly quiet yesterday. I ordered new cordless phones for the house. The old system doesn't seem to want to play well with cell phones. During a call both parties will get a bunch of static and then drop the call. New phones should be here Monday. This morning I need to dispose of some yard waste then at 11 is the 50th anniversary of the so-called game of the century between Nebraska and Oklahoma. It doesn't look too promising for Nebraska this time around.

All stay safe.

Tom