The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-23-2021

Cloudy with a Hi of 54 today.
You guys want rain? Man we've had it. So much in the last 24 hours that the regular size coffee can I leave in the garden to measure rain is FULL to the top.
Grocery shopping yesterday, left with the highest bill we ever had. Every thing is going up or getting smaller.
No train news, got some Flyer from a friend that I like and will display but I'm a three rail guy.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-23-2021

Good morning good people, the last day of 100+ temps for a few days, maybe until next Spring... I hope. SJ, if I were to leave a coffee can FULL of water, it would be empty within a day or two. That's how hot and dry it is here.

Thank you Tom and everyone else for your prayers. They are indeed being answered, I feel better each day, still tired, still a bit of pain from the surgery, but well on my way to things getting back to normal. Still have a few more weeks of not lifting anything heavy, and I'm really adhering to that. No need to cause more surgery.

Went to Denny's for breakfast on Tuesday, coffee was $2.89, been that way for over a year now. Went there yesterday, coffee is now $3.19. A real shocker, even for the waitress... Remember back in the 30's and 40's, "brother, can you spare 5 cents for a cup of coffee?", or a dime for a cup of coffee and a donut, the mantra of the homeless. Inflation now at it's best, 10%, but SSI increases will be around 5%.

Got some ideas for detailing the inside of my bank building, got all day to work on those ideas and see how badly I can screw things up again... Icon_e_surprised

Take care, have a safe and fun day.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-24-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 53 at the moment with clouds and 73 with a chance of rain later.

I found some info about Frank on another forum:

I talked to the Chief this past Saturday and he was in the hospital.  I knew he was having a problem with "Stamina", and been in the house pretty much all the time.  He has a PT person come out a couple times a week, and has also had a nurse coming by to treat bed sores.  Anyway, last Sat, he was having trouble getting up, Pam tried to help, but couldn't.  So the Paramedics were called and he was taken to hosp.,because his Oxy levels were low.  Then he was given a transfusion upon arrival.  On Saturday he was feeling a lot better, and that's when I talked to him.  He said then he hoped to be going back home later in the day or Sunday.

Then I found out TODAY, he is still there.  He has had another transfusion, and still having a significant Stamina issue.  He wasn't real clear on any specific diagnosis, but just the Stamina and Oxy levels.  I have tried calling his wife a few times at home, didn't want to interupt her at the hospital, or calling him in case he is resting.

This information was posted about 10 PM yesterday.  If I hear more I will let everyone know.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-24-2021

Good morning folks

It is a very pleasant 66 with not a cloud in the sky. High will be 71.

Have not got much done other than the daily household chores the past few days. I have been feeling a little under the weather. I think I may have gotten a bit of a stomach bug. I am feeling a whole lot better today. I need to make a pharmacy run and then grab something for lunch.

I am looking at starting some scenery around the station area.

Tom, thanks for the update on Chief. Praying for him and a speedy recovery.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-24-2021

Good Friday morning to you all, yes, Friday again so soon, but this happens every week so what's the difference???

Tom, thanks for the update, we are praying for Frank for sure, keep us posted please.

Was outside doing some weeding, really dark clouds overhead when I felt a drop of water hit the back of my neck. That was an hour ago, and that second drop has yet to fall. Nope 

Just about done with my bank building, got the inside detailed, just have to see if I can populate it. I will not glue the roof on, spent too much time on the inside to hide it. And there will be no weathering, that's what got me in trouble a few days ago. Icon_cry

Costco is rationing purchases on water, paper goods and a few other household items, Walmart on the other hand has plenty of all that stuff even though I see folks leaving with a basket full of water or TP. Do these people know something the rest of us don't, or is this just another manufactured hoarding panic? Yeah, there are shortages on some stuff, can't find people to unload ships, drive trucks or stock warehouses yet we still have five million folks on unemployment. I'm confused....

Take care everyone and have a great weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-25-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 42 at the moment headed for sunny and 74 after the sun comes out.

Pretty quiet day yesterday.  This morning is a double header football game at 9 and 10.  This afternoon will be laundry and bike riding followed by football t 6 PM.

More info on Frank - found on another forum:

Just talked to the Chief, sounds a LOT better today!  Sounds like after a conversation with his Dr., they plan on him going to a Rehab facility before going home.  Probably a very good idea!  Will definitely make things better for Pam, and he will get more frequent PT treatments.  He was glad to get the call!  He did say it helped with the boredom.

Posted about 3 PM yesterday afternoon.  As I find more I will continue to post that info here.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-25-2021

Good morning all, and again, thanks Tom for keeping us updated on Frank.

Big change in the weather, yesterday was in the low 90's, the forecasts all show next week into the low to high 80's, with a good chance of rain, especially this weekend. But, on the other hand, they said that about the past few days and as usual, rain all around us and not enough to measure here. oh woe, oh woe is us.... We've moved our target shooting day from this Monday, shooting buddy is too busy, plus we might get rained out.

Just about done with my bank building, but every time I take a photo, it shows yet more flaws and it's back to the bench for touch-ups. I guess folks that are about 3/8" tall will never look like real people, so at some point, I need to accept what's been done and stop taking so many closeups. Waiting 

Have a great and fun weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-25-2021

Lite rain (again) High of 70 today.
Mostly just checking in. Wife just left for church, a memorial service for one of the ladies. 
Went to Menards yesterday just to meander bought a few things. Grocery shopping as well HIGHEST grocery bill we ever had. Prices going up and My pension and SS go nowhere. Gas prices holding at most stations $3.19.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-26-2021

Good morning, it's Sunday and I'm running a bit late, overslept which is a good thing, but need to get ready for church. I was wrong, it did rain a bit yesterday, Pat says that the rain woke them up, I actually saw a puddle in the gutter, just that it was brief and there wasn't enough to register on the local rain gauge. Better chance today, so they say. Temps around 80, about 30 degrees less than it was two weeks ago. It's Fall Big Grin

Worked on my bank building a good portion of yesterday, every time I take a photo I find something else that I missed, I finally had to call it finished, it is what it is and no more touching or patching up. Now I have to find a spot for it where it will fit.

Have a great weekend, what's left of it. Prayers for Frank and others in need.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-26-2021

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy, 89, and very dry with humidity hovering around 30%.

It's been  busy day for me.  Watched a very entertaining F1 race.  After that I went to Ames (about an hour away) for some items not available  here.  Just got back from a 17 mile bike ride.  Next up is a snack of some kind.

SJ - I guess you'll have to switch to the cheaper brand of caviar!  Icon_lol

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-27-2021

Greetings, gang.

The heat continues. Got to 89 yesterday and today looks to be the same. However the humidity continues to be quite low so it's not too uncomfortable.

With all the heat this week it is of course the perfect time to get out the Christmas trees. When I walked into Lowes yesterday they had a large displays of Christmas trees. I think that may be a new record for rushing the season. While I was out on my bike ride yesterday I noticed gas was down to $2.85. Took the the car to Walmart and filled it up. They were out of everything except premium which was fine for my car. Nothing major on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-27-2021

Good morning all, Tom, you beat us heat wise. we finally got some rain in our area, just a gentle rain most of the day, close to 1/2". The high for the day was 84 and that was just after midnight, by noon, temps were in the low 70's and dropped to 70 a few hours later. Anyway, we got our rain, finally. Now comes the weeds.

Today I need to plant my bank, I have space, it's a little crowded, but will do. I will have to wait a few weeks before I can lift the layout to get access to the wiring to add the lighting, maybe the next time someone stops by the house...hey, just a little favor here... Goldth

Got two whole weeks with no appointments, we do plan on going shooting next Monday, but that's all. I was thinking about doing the trackwork on the new area of my layout, but that will require wiring that I can't do yet, so it is down to another build project.

Well, everyone, I hope you all have a pleasant week. Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-27-2021

Hello Blue
Sun and 77 today. NO Rain this week. 
Not much going on, got a few yard chores to tend to. Had a good collage football weekend. All the teams I follow got a win. On Sunday i always turn on the Detroit Lions as it helps me fall asleep.
Off brand caviar? Hmm I'm not so sure about that. I did see a steak in the store, didn't know they still made them.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-27-2021

Good morning folks

It is 69 with lots of sunshine. Going up to78.

I did the daily household chores before I sat down at the computer this morning. I went for a short walk after I dropped my son off at work. Walking is something I need to get back into. I used to walk everywhere. I am going to rest up a bit and then I have to make a pharmacy run.

I ran some trains over the weekend. I repaired a IHC steam loco that hit the floor recently. I had to glue the front trucks back together and reattach them along with a ladder. I then ran it for a good hour with no issues. I changed the couplers on an Athearn Blue Box Reading coach. I added a screw to the coupler lid which is something I am trying to do anytime I take an Athearn car out for a spin. On the layout I started to paint the pink foam brown. I only got a small section done but there is more to be done.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 09-27-2021

hi all . scratch off another monday , cant tell where time goes anymore . did get a bit of work on layout done as garage is a bit cooler now in the evening  if I'm not too tired from the rooster roundup . stay safe all . 
jim