The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-12-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool at 46 degrees this morning. Supposed to get to the low 70s this afternoon. Rain move in early tomorrow morning.

Interesting day yesterday. Picked up some groceries from the store. Then cleaned up a batch of leaves and mowed. After lunch I went for a bike ride. Ran into a friend from back when I worked. She lost her husband in Feb. of this year and is facing the loss of her daughter sometime in the future from the same disease that took her husband. Stood in her driveway and talked for probably an hour and a half. Lots of tears and hugs. Nothing much on the agenda for today other than a bike ride this afternoon.

SJ - thanks for the update.

Jim - I will hate it when I have to give up my waterbed. Had mine for about 35 years now.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-12-2021

Good morning good people, hard to believe, but we did have some rain last night, not a lot, but this time it was all on our side of the valley. The TV folks won this one. Today, "sunny but not as warm", yeah, about 20 degrees below normal. May be jacket weather out, A/C did not come on all day yesterday.

Jim, gave up our waterbed years ago, had to give up a car for the same reason, too hard to get out of. Had to get rid of a truck, too high for my late wife to get into. I guess they need to start making stuff that changes as we get older....

Got one early appointment today, the rest of the day will be dedicated to making things, especially working on my building kit. Got a special dedication for this one, just hope it turns out like I want it to.

Thanks SJ for the update, let's hope the news continues to get better.

Take care everyone, and have a happy day...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 10-12-2021

Hi everyone -

Difficult weekend. Went to visit my father in law on Saturday. He has lost most strength in his arms and now needs help eating. Feels like just 3 months ago we were sitting down to a normal family meal. Just really hard to see someone like this - it sucks all the motivation out of me for everything. My wife went to visit and help on Sunday and said he is really down. Trying to think of ways to help improve his quality of life, but it's challenging because he is so limited.

Yesterday we took the kids to the train park (their favorite place) as a distraction. Kinda strange to see a public place and nearly no Covid precautions in place with the exception of a few hand sanitizer stations scattered about. Not even any signs reminding of social distancing anymore. My family still needs to be careful because the kids have two grandparents with cancer, and one now with ALS, and if any of them got Covid it would be quite serious.

Going to try and get a little modeling done this week to improve my mood. I have a test track that I want to turn into a display track for taking photos. Also want to draw up plans for a micro portable HOn3 layout.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-12-2021

Hello Blue
Sun and 72 now.
Only slept on a waterbed once, it was an early one without baffles. Didn't like it at all.
Out early this morning to buy new eyeglasses. After cataract surgery the new ones will sharpen my vision. So she says. I was not a good candidate for a distant lens.
I will post any news I read about Da Chief, don't have his cell number so have to depend on a forum poster for news.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-13-2021

Good chilly morning to ya all. Usually when it's this cold down here, there's snow up there, and for sure, Flagstaff got our first snow of the season. The TV guy said that the road to the Snow Bowl (skiing area), was closed due to the snow Waiting .... We had wind and a bit of rain the other night, any vehicle left outside is now pockmarked with dirt. Tried to get into the car wash and I figured at least a half-hour wait just to get as far as the gate, so my truck is still dirty.

Not much else going on, making progress on my DPM kit, going to try to get the mortar done today, that usually doesn't go that well. I look back and remember doing things that were routine and not that difficult, and today seem to be a struggle to get done right and timely. Getting old sucks, but then it beats all other options...

Going to Denny's this morning, Breanda's Kitchen is kind of lonely anymore, 2/3 of the regulars are gone and the new owner still hasn't stopped by to talk to anyone. Yesterday, the cook came out to talk to us, shows you how busy they are. As for Brenda, she is getting chemo five times a week, so include her in your prayers if you will.

I hope everyone has a great day today, be cool, stay warm, have fun.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-13-2021

Greetings, gang.

56 and the rain has just ended. Got about a half inch. Supposed to get to the low 70s today. Then much cooler for the rest of the week. I was talking to my daughter in South Dakota yesterday and she was getting "thick rain." She finally gave in and said it was snowing.

Yesterday was pretty quiet. I did get an e-mail saying that I had won a door prize from the "Active Aging" events I attended last week. I'll stop by after the gym and pick it up. Also need to pick up a loaf of bread. That's pretty much it for my agenda for today.

Kevin - sorry for the struggles you are facing. We're hear to listen. Feel free to let out the emotions.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-13-2021

A large number of years ago we took the motor home to California (and other places). I think we left in November from southern Ontario. We didn't see snow until we reached Albuquerque where we stopped for several days because the road ahead was not hospitable.
Temperatures here are hovering around room temperature.

Local boy has just won a Nobel prize in economics.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-14-2021

Good morning all, slept in an extra hour this morning, just didn't feel like getting up early, don't know what I'm going to do for breakfast, one of those days, don't feel like going out, don't feel like cooking. Sounds like donut time....

A bit warmer today, high-70's, back in the 90's by Saturday. Really not bad. Truck is still dirty from the mud spattering rain the other night, I'd get it into the car wash, but am planning to go up to Cottonwood tomorrow so I'll wait. Maybe some of those highway bugs will knock some of the dirt off if it.... Awesome

Got mortar on my building, didn't turn out as bad as it could have, now I need to work on some decals, my first attempt came out a bit blurry, I think the paper shifted in the printer since it wasn't a full sheet.

Prayers still for Frank, Mikey, Kevin, Brenda and all others in need.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-14-2021

Hello Blue
Cloudy, rain expected off/on for the next few days. 32 inches of rain so far this year. Hi today 70s.
The grass is still growing. 
We went to Fla. once in the winter for two weeks and although it was nice not to see snow I actually got home sick for my own bed and family.
Latest I have on Da Chief is he's still in rehab but sounded good. That was it.
The summer garden looks very empty now all the veggie plants have been pulled out. A sad state of affairs. Summer flowers are gone.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-14-2021

Greetings, gang.

The furnace is whirring quietly in the back ground to take the chill off the house. 46 outside headed for the low 60s with lots of sunshine. Except for a very slight chance of rain early tomorrow the forecast will pretty much be the same for the net week.

Routine day yesterday. Picked up my door prize from the "Active Aging" program last week. Consisted of a couple of plastic tumblers, a canvas tote bag labeled for the local library, and a $5 gift card to a local coffee house that I have never been to. I may go to their drive up window and have them give it to someone else.

I need to make a quick trip to Walmart shortly. After that is a lecture at the library at noon and my Thursday group at 4:30.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-14-2021

I just receiver word that Frank Eagles passed away this morning.
RIP Frank

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-14-2021

I am so sorry to read about Frank/ I prayed he could whip the cancer. He will be missed.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-14-2021

(10-14-2021, 04:44 PM)sir james Wrote: I just receiver word that Frank Eagles passed away this morning.
RIP Frank

So, so sorry to hear this. A fine person, he will surly be missed. Condolences to his family and his many friends.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 10-14-2021

I am sorry to hear about Frank. His family and friends have our deepest sympathies and prayers.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - OBJack - 10-15-2021

I'm so sorry to hear of Frank's passing. Sad news indeed, our hearts go out to his wife and family in their time of sorrow. He will certainly be fondly remembered here.
Jack.