The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Schraddel - 10-15-2021

Hello,

it is very sad to hear that Frank has passed away. My condolence to his family.

Lutz

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-15-2021

Sadden to hear about Frank. He was a truly good man. My condolences to his family.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-15-2021

Good morning everyone, it is indeed a sad time when we lose a loved one or a friend. I did meet Frank one day when he was here for the opening of a Bass sports store many years ago. We have all lost a friend, and as I said earlier, condolences to his family and all his friends.

Today is my wife's first anniversary, I was planning to drive up to Cottonwood where she is interred, but it's a long drive, about five hours round trip, and I'm not sure I'm ready to take that long a trip. Yesterday was the last day of my restrictions for lifting heavy things, but I still get tired easily and driving alone is unrelenting, especially on I-17, so I think I'll put it off for a while. There are lots of crazy drivers there, speed limit is 70, the last time I was on I-17, I was getting pushed and passed and I saw I was going over 90 and there are lots of curves and hills. Crazy

That said, I wish you all a pleasant day, stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 10-15-2021

Good morning folks

It is 62 heading up to 79.

I haven’t posted much this week. It has been a little crazy. A slate full of stuff to do and I have not gotten on the computer most days until after dinner. We were supposed to get a new storm door in the back this week. Tuesday the installers canceled due to too many people out sick. Yesterday was the make up date but it didn’t happen. The installers loaded up the truck and when they were doing their final check,
they noticed the supplier sent the wrong size door. The correct door is scheduled to arrive October 26th.

We got the inside Halloween decorations done. I started on the outside but could not put the lights in the bushes until I trimmed them. I finally got them trimmed yesterday.

Modeling time was down too this week. I did get to run some trains, however.

For the weekend I plan on getting the rest of the Halloween decorations done. Saturday is predicated to be wet and windy so I will probably do something inside. Sunday will be weather dependent as there are more bushes to trim in the back yard.

I hope to run some more trains. I have a couple of passenger cars I need to change out the plastic couplers for Kadee couplers. Since I am running trains, I will check the cars I am using. If they are Athearn I will add a screw to the coupler clip. I also will check for plastic wheels and change them out. I would like to begin adding the roadbed to the station area and then relay the track.

I need to run to PetSmart once I get notification my online order is ready.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-15-2021

I'll miss Frank's posts.

This was computer day. The laptop stopped working, apparently. It looked like the mouse left button was kaput. So we bought a new mouse. And that didn't work either.
Then I found that it was the icon line at the bottom that was not responding -- icons on screen would work. Back to Staples with the full kit and nice tech discovered that it was caught in the middle of an update. We were advised to take it home and let the update have its way.

So we bought a new iPad to replce the one that was dropped a few weeks ago. It was supposed to setup and align itself with the old one, but the old one needs V10 or better and we have 9. For years it has told us it would update, but after a half hour of playing by itself it goes to sleep and forgets about the update. So I'm trying to do it by myself. I'm not sure if I've managed to get everything up in the clouds.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 10-16-2021

So sorry to hear of franks passing.
I met frank when he came here to a train meet. He told us he had a surprise for us at the restaurant we went to for lunch. We had grits that he taught the cooks to prepare "the Correct way". It was the first and last time I had grits that good!! Smile

Prayers to him and his family.

Here is a story about him from the local tv:
https://www.wral.com/former-rolesville-mayor-frank-eagles-dies-leaves-a-great-legacy/19926517/

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-16-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 34 this morning and it's supposed to be sunny and 62 this afternoon.

Very quiet day yesterday and today will be much the same. Laundry, college football, and a bike ride are the primary clock movers for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-16-2021

Good morning all, didn't sleep in as long as I wanted to, been having some really ugly dreams lately, so maybe waking up earlier isn't such a bad thing.

Just about finished with my building kit, might be able to take a few photos later today. Made some space for it on my layout, just need to clean it up some and get it planted. Lighting is already there. Awesome

Should get up into the 90's today, then 80's all next week. Nada, zippo for rain unless you believe the app that comes with Win10, like everything else MS does to cover their tushes, there's always a chance of rain in their forecasts.

Everyone have a great weekend.... stay safe and stay off of I-17 if you're in our area....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-17-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool this morning but much warmer that yesterday. 34 yesterday and a balmy 35 this morning headed for the mid 70s this afternoon but low humidity.

Gave up on college football by the second quarter yesterday. Went for a nice bike ride instead. Great-grandkids football a 4 this afternoon. A bike ride is the only other activity planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-17-2021

Good morning everyone, Sunday again, so quick, just two weeks from Halloween, then Valentine Day. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be a blur this year. With all the shortages coming up I have an idea. Why not open the shipping containers there at the ports and start selling stuff right there. Bypass shipping charges plus at least two middlemen. A real boost to the economy and there are no Grinches for Christmas. Won't work, but they'd better start doing something or we'll be having a dismal holiday season with all the "stuff" still sitting in ships off shore.

Enough, maybe watch a bit of football today, maybe work on my layout, maybe just go somewhere for the sake of going somewhere....

Have a peaceful day, do something you'd like to do rather than what you have to do......

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-18-2021

Greetings, gang.

Two more nice days then back to fall. Mid 70s today and tomorrow then temps fall back to the upper 50s for the rest of the week.

Yesterday was pretty quiet. Nice bike ride then grade school football at 4, supposedly. Didn't start til almost 4:30. Then the referees didn't know what they were doing so lots of goof ups and official time outs. Didn't get done ti after 5:30. Then stopped at a friend's house for a visit. Finally got home about 8. Nothing really neat going on today. Swimming and maybe a bike ride as long as the nice weather holds.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 10-18-2021

Good morning folks

There is a chill in the air with the temperature being 55 and the high being 59.

I got the outside Halloween decorations done before the rain the hit. Saturday my wife and I had an adventure getting gas for her car. We usually go to Delaware to get gas since it is 20 to 40 cents cheaper than Pennsylvania. Normally the drive takes about 30 to 35 minutes. Saturday with the insane amount of traffic it took us an hour. Coming home we bushwhacked and went many miles out of way but there was no traffic. We would rather drive further if it means we are moving and not stuck in stop and go traffic. Sunday we ran a few errands.

I got to run trains this weekend. I tested my new Broadway Limited PRR I1sa 2-10-0 loco. It was able to pull 30 cars with only a slight decrease in speed. I was very impressed. I changed out the plastic couplers on a coupler of Walthers passenger cars. I started subjecting the 30 cars from the I1sa train to inspections and tuning up as needed. I then went back and started to rework my computer database to help keep track of which cars and done and what work is needed on the unfinished cars.

Today is chores and a pharmacy run. Later work on the database and the rolling stock.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-18-2021

And a good Monday morning to you all, some may not consider a Monday morning that good, but for us older folk, we'll take any day as being good. Temps around 90 the past few days, suppose to be between the high-70's and high-80's for the next few weeks. Probably no rain for a while even though I did get my truck washed.

Nothing scheduled until Friday, got all my household chores up to date, even cleaned up the mess around my train area. Ready to start a new project, but have some trackwork to finish first. Been putting that off for a while now, spend a few minutes on it then get sidetracked for good reason, trackwork is my least favorite thing to do on my layout.

Most stations at $3.29 for regular gas, saw one at $3.32. Costco and Sam's Club about 10 cents cheaper, used to be 20 cents lower than others a few weeks ago.

Take care everyone, and have a great day....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-18-2021

Hello Blue
It was 44 this morning. We have sun and maybe 70 by late afternoon.
I don't mind Mondays but Fridays make me sad as it means another week has passed.
I picked up my new glasses this morning, not too different than what I had but the doc wanted me at 20/20 after my cataract surgery.
No plans for the day, the summer garden is all gone but the ground is too wet for turning the soil over.
It gets dark here around seven now and with the time change it will be winter dark at five.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 10-18-2021

hi all . well its another Monday  my how time fly's (momma said life is like a roll of toilet paper seems to go faster toward the end )  the only news is the first train made the run on upper loop .
jim