It's our January chat time - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Forum: The Video Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+---- Thread: It's our January chat time (/showthread.php?tid=9257)

Pages: 1 2

RE: It's our January chat time - doctorwayne - 01-10-2021

Well, that certainly explains a lot, as I use Firefox on my Mac.   35

Wayne

RE: It's our January chat time - ezdays - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 11:47 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: Well, that certainly explains a lot, as I use Firefox on my Mac.   35

Wayne

It will work with Firefox if you install it. I have used Firefox since day one and have had Skype installed for a long time as well and it works fine, it's only when you don't have Skype installed that it won't work if you try to use it with Firefox. I also had to temporarily set Chrome as my default, since when you click on the link, it wants to open your default browser if Skype isn't installed. They don't want to make it easy for us do they????? Nope

RE: It's our January chat time - doctorwayne - 01-10-2021

I have it installed on my Mac, but it continually insists (as it has done in the past) that my password is wrong.  It then sends me a code, which I am supposed to enter, then enter my password.  It then says that I'm using my original (supposedly incorrect) password, and then directs me to alter it. I do, then I'm told that they will text a code to my 'phone, for me to enter again, as they seem to feel that something is wrong with my input..
I do not have a 'phone that accepts text, and am not interested in acquiring one, so I simply logged out. 

I probably don't have much to contribute to the conversation anyways, so I'll take a pass on this one.  Thanks for the additional info, though.

Wayne

RE: It's our January chat time - Charlie B - 01-10-2021

I have the same password problem as Wayne when it comes to using skype. The link works fine, but I use chrome and I have also used edge. I think it works with edge also.  I don't like firefox for one reason and it is as stupid a reason as not liking IE, chrome or Edge. but in 1998 when they were starting to put our FRA (government stuff) on line the only browser they allowed was Firefox so I have it in my head I don't want to use it for that reason. 

Chrome has been available for mac since 2010. I find it to be stable on win10 but I actually prefer Edge for its speed. I tried using a different search because Google is pumping pages of ads at you but I keep having to go to Google to find what I am searching for.

Anyhow, I don't care if it is zoom or skype just so we can have a chat. With zoom I would be glad to set up a second one if we over run the alloted time.
Charlie

RE: It's our January chat time - ezdays - 01-13-2021

I just checked the Skype link we used the last time and it's good. I sat there facing myself, and that's not good.... Eek

Anyway, we're good to go on Skype, tomorrow, Jan 14 at 7:00 PM Eastern, 5:00 PM Arizona, and 6:00 PM somewhere in between. Just click on this link like before.

https://join.skype.com/J4jM0BefVQo6

Anyone that wants to show up is welcome.

RE: It's our January chat time - ngauger - 01-13-2021

I was invited to go to dinner with an old friend... I'll catch up with all of you next time Big Grin Big Grin

RE: It's our January chat time - doctorwayne - 01-15-2021

(01-13-2021, 06:07 PM)ezdays Wrote: I just checked the Skype link we used the last time and it's good. I sat there facing myself, and that's not good.... Eek

Anyway, we're good to go on Skype, tomorrow, Jan 14 at 7:00 PM Eastern, 5:00 PM Arizona, and 6:00 PM somewhere in between. Just click on this link like before.

https://join.skype.com/J4jM0BefVQo6

Anyone that wants to show up is welcome.

I attempted to show up, and even though I changed my browser to Chrome, I got the same BS about my password being incorrect.  I was eventually sent a code to allow me to log-on, but the best I could do was see myself on my screen...an unnerving sight for sure!  I attempted to speak...well, did speak, but even though my mike was turned on, I could hear nothing from it.  It was a bit odd to see myself, with my words not in sync with my on-screen flapping lips.

Wayne

RE: It's our January chat time - ezdays - 01-15-2021

That's OK, at least you showed up. It was just me and Lutz for a while, no one else was there. I got there about 15 minutes early just in case someone else got there early as well. Lutz showed up on time and we talked for a while, but after twenty minutes, we decided no one else was coming and we should reschedule, so we shut down.  I don't know what happened, were we in the wrong place or did everyone else get sidetracked? I thank Lutz for staying up late, it was 1:00 AM his time, it was no biggie for me since it was still only 5:00, but what happened guys?????

RE: It's our January chat time - tompm - 01-15-2021

Sorry I did not make it. Things just seemed to go wrong last evening. One of our TV's Fire Sticks decided to have a problem last evening. Took me about an hour and a phone call to Amazon to get it working. For some reason the last update did not install and half the available channels disappeared. Once we got the update to install all went well. I had a few other minor distractions and by the time I sat down in front of the computer it was 9:30.

RE: It's our January chat time - jim currie - 01-15-2021

missed it also , seems the wife though that going to town to get parts to fix toilet was more important that chatting , go figure  Icon_eek
Jim

RE: It's our January chat time - doctorwayne - 01-15-2021

Hey, Jim, when ya gotta go, well, ya just gotta go...one way or t'other! Misngth

Wayne

RE: It's our January chat time - ezdays - 01-15-2021

(01-15-2021, 12:19 PM)jim currie Wrote: missed it also , seems the wife though that going to town to get parts to fix toilet was more important that chatting , go figure  Icon_eek
Jim

Looks like you're now potty trained.. Icon_lol

I can understand why no one else came to chat last night, my only concern was for Lutz who stayed up past midnight to chat and all he got was me. That had to be disappointing to have to look at my mug for that long.... Icon_e_surprised I don't even shave to keep myself from looking at myself in the mirror. Nope

Anyway, lets get it together and pick another date and time. Maybe a bit earlier so Lutz doesn't have to stay up so long. Let's talk about it and pick a time that works best, maybe even a weekend.

Quote:I attempted to show up, and even though I changed my browser to Chrome, I got the same BS about my password being incorrect.  I was eventually sent a code to allow me to log-on, but the best I could do was see myself on my screen...an unnerving sight for sure!  I attempted to speak...well, did speak, but even though my mike was turned on, I could hear nothing from it.  It was a bit odd to see myself, with my words not in sync with my on-screen flapping lips.

Wayne

Oh, I don't think you will hear yourself through your speakers, too much feedback, but if we were there, we would hear you. So you were successful, just nobody home....