Lego Trains 8 Studs Wide - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: All Other Hobbies (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Lego Trains 8 Studs Wide (/showthread.php?tid=9540)

Lego Trains 8 Studs Wide - LiveSteamer - 03-05-2022

Yes you have read that correctly, Lego Trains. These are trains I have built from instruction by Brick Model Railroader. They are very well detailed trains and you can pretty much build any railroad you want to. They are 8 lego studs wide instead of the traditional 6 wide lego has for sale year round. This hobby is about as expensive as model railroading because if you don't have the pieces you either have to go to a website to purchase the pieces or buy lego sets to get those pieces. Each one of these below has ran me about $180 a piece just to get pieces and decals. Don't get me wrong this is something I love to do among other things with lego's like building lego fire trucks, but it can get costly at times. So enjoy these photo's. Two of them are not completed at this time as pieces are on back order. 

Western Maryland Caboose. This is correct for this one because I did a lot of research. The WM did cover up four windows sometime during it's service.

NOT COMPLETED AS OF 3/5/22 Reading Railroad GHRX Gondola

Western Maryland Covered Hopper N-17

NOT COMPLETED AS OF 3/5/22 Western Maryland Caboose

RE: Lego Trains 8 Studs Wide - LiveSteamer - 03-05-2022

Baltimore & Ohio O-59A Gondola NOT COMPLETED AS OF 3/5/22

Details of the interior of the cabooses to come tomorrow when there is daylight. It is much easier to show off the detail inside when there is natural light.

Opps made a boo boo. If you read the first post you will see what I did. I got the pictures mixed up of the Red Western Maryland Caboose and the Reading Gondola. LOL

RE: Lego Trains 8 Studs Wide - tompm - 03-05-2022

They look awesome! I am amazed what can be done with legos.

(03-05-2022, 11:39 PM)tompm Wrote: They look awesome! I am amazed what can be done with legos.

Thank You. Yes it is amazing what you can do with lego's. I have a third caboose in the works right now and it will be lettered for the V&O.

RE: Lego Trains 8 Studs Wide - Tyson Rayles - 03-06-2022

They look very nice, maybe you get get a 3D printer and make your own pieces?

RE: Lego Trains 8 Studs Wide - LiveSteamer - 03-06-2022

(03-06-2022, 10:06 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: They look very nice, maybe you get get a 3D printer and make your own pieces?

Thank You. It has crossed my mind but I think the fiance would be a little mad over that one lol.

Here are some interior shots from WM Caboose #1803. WM Caboose #1860 has the same interior while the V&O under construction will have a slightly different interior. Also the lego community is moving away from the traditional lego magnetic couplers to more realistic couplers and I included a photo of that as well. 

Here is the future V&O Caboose that it is being built at this time. You will notice the interior is slightly different near the stove. There will also be a small desk added on the other side as well. 

RE: Lego Trains 8 Studs Wide - Charlie B - 03-06-2022

(03-05-2022, 10:07 PM)LiveSteamer Wrote: The WM did cover up four windows sometime during it's service.

Matthew, those windows were most likely covered in the late 70's to comply with FRA rule 223 safety glazing standards that was to take effect in 1979. The required bullet resistant glass was costly so a lot of extra windows just got welded over. 
Charlie

(03-06-2022, 01:17 PM)Charlie B Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 10:07 PM)LiveSteamer Wrote: The WM did cover up four windows sometime during it's service.

Matthew, those windows were most likely covered in the late 70's to comply with FRA rule 223 safety glazing standards that was to take effect in 1979. The required bullet resistant glass was costly so a lot of extra windows just got welded over. 
Charlie

Ah well that explains that one. Thank you Charlie.