Cars, trucks and people - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: HO Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Cars, trucks and people (/showthread.php?tid=9645)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Schraddel - 11-26-2022

Hello,

at first, thank you for the comments.

Now a Jetta and a Volvo, i did both simultanously and for this i show them also in this manner:

[Image: dsc057125njhx.jpg]

[Image: dsc057133mjev.jpg]
Both cars with lifted bodies. Both are by Wiking, both are of the Post-Peltzer era and therefore in 1:87 scale. And here they can be simply demounted because these model cars are sticked and locked and no glue was used.
The moonroof of the Volvo was wide opened also.
The Jetta is the family car of a founder family. Daddy at the helm, mom on the co-driver's seat and the child on the backseat bench.
The Volvo is the car of a better suited middle class middle aged family. Daddy waving to someone, mom is looking into the shallows of her handbook and the adolescence daughter is wiping her iphone. Wait a minute ... This is the late 1980's, no smart phones were then available. It must be an Tamagotchi.

[Image: dsc05716b2j5f.jpg]

[Image: dsc05719sikjp.jpg]
The founders in their Jetta.

[Image: dsc05717m6jdj.jpg]

[Image: dsc057204nj3r.jpg]
The upper middle class familly in their Volvo.

[Image: dsc05714t7jyw.jpg]

[Image: dsc0571558k23.jpg]
Two more cars occupied. Missing still their license plates (they were ordered).

Lutz

RE: Cars, trucks and people - doctorwayne - 11-26-2022

Those are some nicely done vehicles, Lutz, and the drivers and passengers really enhance the look.   Applause Applause Applause 

I have some vehicles with drivers and passengers, too, but most of them needed to undergo some major surgery just to fit into their vehicles.  The upside is, that without legs, I don't have to worry about speeders on some of my less-than-ideal road surfaces.

Wayne

RE: Cars, trucks and people - cnrglen - 11-26-2022

Great work Lutz. I like the sunroof detail

RE: Cars, trucks and people - ngauger - 11-27-2022

Great work!! Love the details of the people Smile Smile

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Schraddel - 12-09-2022

Hello,

[Image: dsc06228doc77.jpg]
This is the Corvette which Deputy Buford T. Justice has stopped in the article about LED lights.
Jimmy has speeded over the limit to impress macho style his new acquaintance and this was the result. $$$ ticket and much worse special instructions by Buford T. Justice in his matchless manner.

Lutz

RE: Cars, trucks and people - ngauger - 12-09-2022

Great story, Lutz! Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Schraddel - 01-07-2023

Hello,

convertibles in H0 Scale have often their own challenges:

[Image: dsc05534mijt9.jpg]

[Image: dsc05535w1jy0.jpg]

[Image: dsc055362aj12.jpg]
First i thougt, oh that's easy, just drop the figurines into and fix them. A typical case of thunked wrong.
You can't cutting the figurines here, because you will see garbling immediately. With closed cars you can cut off legs or even place only the upper half of a figurine body into the vehicle, it does not matter because the roof hinders you to see it.
So here with the convertible leave the figurines mostly untouched. You can strech legs, decline heads, repositing arms, but you should not remove extremities to squeeze figurines into the car model.

Digging deeper; most miniature vehicles have a much to thick floor plate. Often tis is doubled, the actual floor plate which carries axles and wheels and acting as the chassis. And an additional floor plate which is carrier for the seats. Thus causing the seat area in general is too high according to the car body. Placing figurines, even with stretched legs, don not work. Of course you can do it, but then the heads are looking above the windshield. Nope
Another factor is the seat cushion. When you take place into your car, you will push down the cushion of your seat and this will give you a comfortable seating. With H0 Scale vehicles this is not so. The seats are rigid and show the status as unoccupied.
What you can do, is to cut the most of the buttocks of the figurine away and some of the seat area too. This will lower the figurine into the car.
In this case as pictured above is was'nt enough, i had to remove the second upper floor plate completely. Then it was possible to place the figurines into this 1961 Chevrolet Impala Convertible as shown (Oxford model).

Lutz

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Kitty - 01-07-2023

Hi there Lutz,
just wanted to let you know I'm amazed by the detail that people on the layout can make. You even went beyond to make it immersive, thank you for sharing.
Kitty

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Schraddel - 02-23-2024

Hello,

[Image: dsc05344e9jti.jpg]
Brekina's classic 359 Pete

Was turned into a logging truck:
[Image: dsc05390mujk4.jpg]
Day cab, liftable pusher axle an headache rack.

[Image: dsc05403zmj81.jpg]
Trailer is a modified Kibri one.

[Image: dsc056096ejcy.jpg]
Quick and dirty, a Atlas Ford tractor was upgraded with a full width bumper, splashers, rear mudflaps and new wheels.

Schraddel

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Charlie B - 02-23-2024

Welcome back.

We have missed you I hope you are well.  Great modeling as always.  Worship Worship Worship

Charlie

RE: Cars, trucks and people - ezdays - 02-23-2024

Yes, we have been wondering where you were, and hoping you were OK. I've always loved those vehicles that you do, hard to tell that they're not 1:1... Worship Worship

RE: Cars, trucks and people - LiveSteamer - 02-23-2024

Some awesome work. I love the big rigs.

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Tyson Rayles - 02-24-2024

Worship Applause

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Schraddel - 02-24-2024

Thank you.

More cars:

[Image: dsc05769fqkzk.jpg]

[Image: dsc05831y0kb8.jpg]
What is this square body driver doing?

US Pick Ups and German parking lots, chapter II:
[Image: dsc061534hird.jpg]
First attempt.

[Image: dsc0615232fst.jpg]
Second

[Image: dsc0615216fre.jpg]
Third

[Image: dsc0615438is4.jpg]
xxnd attempt, finally parked. No it was not a woman.
They told me a RAM1500 is not the biggest one of the pick ups.

Lutz

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Charlie B - 02-24-2024

OK LUtz, you have me asking, is that Ram a model or did you get one and are having trouble parking it.  I seriously can't tell if it is a model or the full size so verify please. If that sir is a model scene there are not enough adjectives in the English language to describe it.  Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship
Charlie