Cars, trucks and people - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: HO Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Cars, trucks and people (/showthread.php?tid=9645)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Cars, trucks and people - tompm - 02-24-2024

I agree with Charlie about the Ram. The other cars and trucks are awesome.

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Schraddel - 02-25-2024

Charlie,

that is no model scene. This is simply the view out of the window on the upper level of my house. It was summer, the exact date is faded in, and the window was wide open.
This guy caught my attracction by the typical blubbling sound of an V8 with open(?) pipes. And driving forth and back over a longer period. I should have make a video about this drama.
As cool as these pick ups are, they have their special malices here in EU.
Price for gasoline today: 1,80€ per Litre. And with 1 US Gallon = 3,79 l and exchange rate of 1 $ = 0,923 €
There you have a price of 7.89 $ per Gallon Icon_eek
This will be a real luxury car here on this side of the Atlantic.

Lutz

RE: Cars, trucks and people - cn nutbar - 02-25-2024

Hello Lutz---it's good to have you back.Your photos have inspired me to show some of the vehicles found on the Leetown Division.

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Charlie B - 02-25-2024

(02-25-2024, 06:09 AM)Schraddel Wrote: Charlie,

that is no model scene. This is simply the view out of the window on the upper level of my house. It was summer, the exact date is faded in, and the window was wide open.
This guy caught my attracction by the typical blubbling sound of an V8 with open(?) pipes. And driving forth and back over a longer period. I should have make a video about this drama.
As cool as these pick ups are, they have their special malices here in EU.
Price for gasoline today: 1,80€ per Litre. And with 1 US Gallon = 3,79 l and exchange rate of 1 $ = 0,923 €
There you have a price of 7.89 $ per Gallon Icon_eek
This will be a real luxury car here on this side of the Atlantic.

Lutz

Well, I want you to know that that is still a compliment. Knowing your work it would not surprise me at all to see this scene modeled. Your patience and talent make me envious. Where I settle for "good enough" and your version are miles apart. 
Charlie

RE: Cars, trucks and people - cn nutbar - 02-25-2024

Too modern for the steam era but a nice model from Athearn.

RE: Cars, trucks and people - ezdays - 02-25-2024

(02-25-2024, 08:47 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Well, I want you to know that that is still a compliment. Knowing your work it would not surprise me at all to see this scene modeled. Your patience and talent make me envious. Where I settle for "good enough" and your version are miles apart. 
Charlie

Totally agree with you Charlie. I am even a bit envious of Lutz, his modeling surpasses mine by eons. As I said, it is difficult to distinguish his from actual prototype.

RE: Cars, trucks and people - LiveSteamer - 02-25-2024

Great pictures. Some nice modeling.

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Schraddel - 02-26-2024

Hello,

picking around with pick ups:
[Image: dsc06559aycpu.jpg]
This weathered (by Speziguzi) Dodge i had shown before. Now is was able to get some fruit and veg baskets from Preiser.

[Image: dsc06561ygdo6.jpg]
Made a double bottom.

[Image: dsc065649vc41.jpg]
Picking some of them and testing what it looks alike.

[Image: dsc06565gqcng.jpg]
Was not really satisfied with original wheels. So tying some others out of my grab box. Still not satisfied.

[Image: dsc06567eli16.jpg]
These ones should do it.

[Image: dsc06725i9iq4.jpg]
Adding some planks and a driver. The planks are wooden ones from shipbuilding stuff.

Lutz

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Schraddel - 02-26-2024

And now after painting the baskets and the vegetables, load the stuff onto the beds:
[Image: dsc0694546fq5.jpg]

[Image: dsc06946j4fdj.jpg]

[Image: dsc06951tle92.jpg]

[Image: dsc06953xtidx.jpg]

[Image: dsc069561pfkm.jpg]

[Image: dsc06957njeuq.jpg]
There they go to the marketplace.

Lutz

RE: Cars, trucks and people - tompm - 02-26-2024

Wow! Just plain awesome looking.

RE: Cars, trucks and people - LiveSteamer - 02-26-2024

Lutz, the red pickup reminds me of Sanford & Son.

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Schraddel - 02-28-2024

Matt,

i confess, i never had heard of Sanford & Son. I had to search in wikipedia.

[Image: dsc06582uzijr.jpg]
Brekina has released 2022 a H0 scale model of a Peterbild 281. Intially i purchased 3 of them, a red one, a green one and a orange one. Not the rust coloured one.
The "Made in Bangla Desh" truck models were initially often sloppy mounted and a whole tube of CA was used per model. Meanwhile the quality has improved and the use of CA is not so intensive. So they now do not glue the tires onto the rims.

[Image: dsc06789wrile.jpg]
The green Pete got the least transformations. A rear axle with a differental case converts it from a 281 (2x6) to an 351 (6x4) model.

[Image: dsc067881gee7.jpg]
The demounted and square remounted 351 Pete.

[Image: dsc067128ae5q.jpg]
Some body has asked me how to demont the Rapido Trains Chevrolet.

[Image: dsc06713uzdxp.jpg]
1) Pry with a screwdriver or suitable tool between front bumper and front ent of the bottom plate.

[Image: dsc067140zce1.jpg]
2) This frees the snap fit.

[Image: dsc06717hmdzg.jpg]
3) Lift the front end of the body off the chassis. Here a look onto the snap fit behind the grille. Grille and bumper are one piece.

[Image: dsc06719sjflf.jpg]
4) Note the rear snapfits.

[Image: dsc06723fqe1y.jpg]
5) Place driver and occupants, here a police officer, into. In model reality this is only the upper third of a figurine.
6) Remount in reversed order.

Lutz

RE: Cars, trucks and people - LiveSteamer - 03-01-2024

Oh wow Lutz. The show is older than me and it was a good comedy show. 

Here we have a picture of the flatbed truck that will be turned into a dump truck. The shop crews have half the cab painted as they are preparing the top part to be painted black.

RE: Cars, trucks and people - Schraddel - 03-03-2024

Hello,

@ Matt
It looks up-and-coming.

[Image: dsc06556kadw7.jpg]
A while ago Mini Metals offered a tanker tractor-trailer combination. A rather big trailer pulled by an middle weight class Ford tractor. In my opinion a little to few tractor for that heavy trailer. At first i corrected the spur of the trailer axles to meet standard width for this class of trucks. And also the trailer gets belling out fenders. A new landing gear too was mounted. At least a lot of milling was necessary to get this tanker trailer square.

[Image: dsc06568qzdoe.jpg]
Brekina offered the Peterbilt 281 in orange too. A first glimpse.

[Image: dsc06585g5fip.jpg]
Then taking action with a brush and colours. It is a shame that Hanks Truck Pictures no longer exists, another victim of stupid photobucket politics.

[Image: dsc06586gvf9x.jpg]
[Image: dsc06584hye0n.jpg]
At least this is the result. A further time period correct truck.
Note; the colours are inverted against prototype.

Lutz

RE: Cars, trucks and people - cn nutbar - 03-03-2024

Hello Lutz---your modifications on the tank truck are very impressive---Brakina certainly makes some excellent models.Here's a truck customized by Doctor Wayne that I photographed on his layout.