HO Car Tour Sign Up Thread
Welcome to the Big Blue HO Scale Car Tour thread. If you scroll to the bottom of each thread and click on “Subscribe” you should receive e-mails each time a post is made here.

If you are interested in having either the HO scale car visit you, please contact ngauger or ezdays after you have read ALL the guidelines below. The intention of these tours is that we will have these cars travel from member to member, expressly so that you all will have the opportunity to take pictures of the cars on your, your club’s or other layout. We would want you to share these pictures with us. You then would package up the car and send it along to the next person on the list.

Some guidelines to follow:

• Please be responsible – if you are not willing to pay shipping to move the car along, do not ask to be on the tour list
• Participants will be required to mail the car to the next location, using their own funds. (This could be a few dollars, First Class package mail – WITH Delivery Confirmation – No exceptions to this please!!!) We need to know where these cars are at all times including how and when they ship.
• Participants can reuse the packaging if it is in good shape, or repackage the cars so they arrive safely and in good shape at each destination.
• If any of our members to the North of the border are willing to participate, we will make allowances for shipping to and from Canada, since it is a bit more expensive ($8.00 – 9.00 each way). If there are enough Canadians participating, we will have a separate car of that scale making the rounds there.
• If you know of a local train show that you are due to display in, (during the last tour, we had a member run a car on their club layout at a show), please let us know when you will require the car and we will make every effort to have the car there when you need it.
• Having a “Big Blue meet-up?? Are a few members getting together? Let us know, we’ll try to have a car there! Remember – You MUST mail it in a reasonable time! Time is of the essence to give everyone a chance that wants to have the car.
• Reasonable time: If you are requesting a car and you are not having an event, please send the car along within 7 days of receiving it. (This is what the Delivery Confirmation is for aside from hopefully preventing them from being “lost in the mail”)
• If you are having an event, we request you move the car along within 3 days after your event. The intent is to allow you ample time to take pictures and show the cars, but not deprive others to do likewise.
• Delivery confirmation numbers MUST be turned in to ngauger or ezdays the day you ship the car out! – Yes we will keep track when it is received by the next person and “bug them” to move it along if we do not receive their number after they have had it for 7 days, when they are due to ship it. This assures that no one will keep the car for too long a time, since this could be a yearlong tour, we really expect it to be just that. Big Grin
• The 7 day rule seemed to work last time, so we’re not re-inventing the wheel here Smile Smile

If you are willing to accept one or both cars and are willing to move it along per these guidelines. Please, either send one of us a PM to that affect, or you can post here and let us know. DO NOT post your address!!! We will deal with that using the PM system so that no one has to publicize any private information.

You will be contacted by PM for your address so we can start setting up the routes. Once the tour route has been set up, we will post the list of names and the approximate dates they will get the car (or cars). Since these cars will be on separate tours, if you do require them both, we cannot guarantee that they will both arrive at the same place at the same time; but we will try our best to see that you have one or both at the time you requested.

So far there is not enough Canadian Participants to warrant a separate "Canadian Car tour". If we get at least 5 participants from North Of the Border, we will start a separate car. If we do, our Canadian friends will get the cars in March April and May. As it stands now, The Canadian leg of the tour will begin in the fall (after the US leg).

Anyone, wherever you are located may join in on either the HO or N or Both tours at anytime!!! Remember, it's only about $6.00 to ship in the US (Less if it goes Priority - more info later) and you don't have to keep it for a week! Just receive the car - take pics as above - securely package it back up and send it to the next person!!!

HO Tour List:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4003&p=68792#p68792">viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4003&p=68792#p68792</a><!-- l -->
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
What are the chances we could make this an international tour to down under, ie Melbourne Australia?????

I might go to the local post office tomorrow to enquire as to estimated return postage costs.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Go ahead and "Inquire"... If it's not "Too Much" and someone on the list agrees to pay for shipping to Oz, then all you have to do is pay shipping out of Oz Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Added last 2 paragraphs and link to the above rules and description Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Am I too late to be on the tour. I'd even donate a car to the cause. Cheers
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike...Welcome to Big Blue....Always good to see new faces... Goldth

You might send a PM to ngauger...I'm sure he might fit you in...

BTW...We haven't had any updates lately on either of the two Gauge "wanderers"... Nope
Gus (LC&P).
Mike Kieran Wrote:Am I too late to be on the tour. I'd even donate a car to the cause. Cheers

Welcome Mike !! Welcome Welcome How's about a bit of an introduction, I'd be curious to know just where" Port Able " is located, how deep the channels are to it, and if it's a Fresh, or Salt water port. Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hiya Mike! Glad you could join us. Welcome aboard!
Ralph
Could you remove my name from the car tour list? At this time I have had to put all of my modeling on hold, and have no layout (or even diorama) to take photos on. I hopefully will have something to work on this winter, but as of now I am not ready, by far.

Thanks.

dave
-Dave
Sorry to see you go.. If you get something built by the end of the tour, ask and we'll let you jump back on Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Thanks Mikey.

BTW I'm not "going" per se, just not modeling as much. I'll still be here every day.
-Dave
Puddlejumper Wrote:Thanks Mikey.

BTW I'm not "going" per se, just not modeling as much. I'll still be here every day.

I meant "go" as in Leaving the tour Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I understand "Not modeling too much" I haven't run trains for about a year now..... Eek Eek
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Sumpter250 Wrote:
Mike Kieran Wrote:Am I too late to be on the tour. I'd even donate a car to the cause. Cheers

Welcome Mike !! Welcome Welcome How's about a bit of an introduction, I'd be curious to know just where" Port Able " is located, how deep the channels are to it, and if it's a Fresh, or Salt water port. Big Grin Big Grin

Port Able is a small coastal city on Connecticut's Long Island Sound shoreline. It's not a deep water port anymore and it interchanges with the Atlantic Lines Railroad.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Ralph Wrote:Hiya Mike! Glad you could join us. Welcome aboard!
Ralph

Hey Ralph, glad to be here. I was just in Kingston, NY last weekend. My wife and I have been going to Woodstock for the last 9 years and we just discovered Rondout Landing about a year ago. That must have been some interesting railroading in its heyday. At least I now know where Delaware Otsego's Kingston Terminal Railroad was supposed to operate.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

That's great Mike! I haven't been in the area for years but can still see the Catskills and the Hudson Valley in my mind.
Ralph