Conrail Shared Assets Operation
Matthew,

If the Altoona Works website is up to date there are 21 NS units left in Blue. From what I've been told NS will have all remaining Blue units painted by the end of 2012. CSX doesn't have any active units left in Conrail paint.

Bruce
its a shame its so dark when the train gets to Hainesport, I spotted 3026 twice after dark a few weeks ago, but was unable to get good shots.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
You are right Bruce 21 are left in blue. Everytime one gets painted the guy updates his website and keeps everyone updated on his facebook page. I do see a few conrail units every now and then running on the pittsburgh line. We moved back up to lilly and are next to the tracks once again. Cheers
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Todays' MI-21 power at Millville Yard        
MI-21's consist    
MI-21 switching Espoma Fertilizer        

Bruce
A few weeks ago, i saw NS 3026 (one of the last Blue ones) in the middle of a train in Hainesport. I thought that was a strange place for the locomotive, and i thought it might have been broken or something.

Just yesterday, I saw 3026 in fresh NS Black, so you can cross that one off the list.

It was a little frustrating because it was in my kneck of the woods all the time, but only in the evenings where pictures were next to impossible to take.
G-E-C,

In December 2011 I posted pics of NS 3026 and 5286 paired together still in Conrail Blue paint, you saw 3026 in NS black and now 5286 has been repainted in black also but have not seen it back in this area yet.

Bruce
Todays MI-21 had a pair of NS GP38-2s, NS 5280, exCR 8077 and NS 5312 exCR 8129            

Bruce
Occaisionally, I can get good shots from the PATCO...

Two High-hood GP38s lead two Wide cab Dash-9s

[Image: CSAOtraininCamden.jpg]

A pair of High-Hood GP38s with a short train. There was a train of tank cars with blue ends on the empty siding track seen in the first photo, I'm guessing they were interchanging or something.

[Image: BettershotCamdenGP38s.png]

Waste Gondolas over Creek road, Hainesport NJ. This bridge is old, the book "Trackside Around the Delaware Valley" has a few shots of this trestle, and it looks exactly the same as it did in the Pennsy days.

[Image: CA20overCreekroadmarch2012.png]

NS 3026, Fresh Black paint on CA-20 along Marne Highway, Hainesport NJ. This is a Screen Shot from a video i took, so its fuzzy.

[Image: 3026newlypaintedblack.png]

Back in August, CA20 was entering Mount Laurel crossing Hartford Road.

[Image: August31CSAOCA20.jpg]
MI-21 has the same NS units as the last post    

MI-21 left the yard with only one covered hopper for a glass plant in Vineland    

A covered hopper of lime being unloaded at Espoma in Millville    

Bruce
The Conrail blue might be gone, but apparently some old CR patches survive in the form of this crane.

[Image: P4182399.jpg]
GEC some conrail blue is still around on NS. You just got to look around for it. I know down around Chattanooga there is still blue roaming.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
LiveSteamer Wrote:GEC some conrail blue is still around on NS. You just got to look around for it. I know down around Chattanooga there is still blue roaming.

That may be, but it seems it is all gone in my neck of the woods. At this rate, the only blue left will be the odd survivor on some back-water shortline, or the NS Heritage unit.
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:That may be, but it seems it is all gone in my neck of the woods. At this rate, the only blue left will be the odd survivor on some back-water shortline, or the NS Heritage unit.

This Belvidere and Delaware RR GP10 (exCR 7566) has been working on the Winchester and Western, seen here at Millville    

Bruce
We had a blue visitor in East Palestine today, It was to work a ballast train along with the black NS unit. They had to wait several hours for track time.    
Charlie
bdw9535 Wrote:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Bruce
Was NS8207 in service when you photographed it ? I've seen mention of it being on a deadline previously
Tim David