A couple of videos from the commute today
Well, some days commuting is cool, other days I am glad I can work from home when necessary - today the railroad had a massive signal outage at Oslo Central for three hours, from 6 am to 9 am - i.e. right smack during rush hour.

At least 40 000 people were stuck due to trains not moving. I am glad I checked the web edition of my local paper before heading for the RR station - it made me change my plans for the day, and work from home instead of adding to the chaos as NSB were desperately trying to get hold of every bus they could to get passengers to their destination while the signal maintainers from Jernbaneverket (JVB - "the railroad authority" - the public authority which owns and maintains tracks and signals - like Britains RailTrack) were sweating blood as they were troubleshooting the signal system to find the short.

I wouldn't be surprised if the media and politicians will be baying for the blood of people in the management at JBV - the Oslo Central area has been closed for six weeks for maintenance this summer, and a massive stoppage just one week after things opened again was something nobody wanted.

Oh well, back to work from my home computer :-)

Stein

Messages In This Thread