Current HO loco projects
* Here is another photo taken earlier. My LVRR E-28 was pulling it newly lettered passenger train around when I placed the D4 on the layout with it. When I realized what I did I took this photo. Now I don't get here much, and miss a lot of what is being said. I am sorry about my answer to top heavy locomotives. Lutz, Thanks for saying nice things about my Locomotive. Also that was great info on the Crampton loco. Sumpter 250 good point about that outside rail being raised on curves.
Now as to camelbacks looking top heavy. As opposed to standard rear cab loco's. The standard 4-4-0 looked lower down because it had a narrow fire box and ash pan which fit between the frame members. On a camelback this cant be done for the firebox and ash pan are just too wide, and the boiler has to be raised above the drivers. On both my last locomotives I built, they had Wootten fireboxes. On both I had to extend the raised cylinder boiler support to where the ash pan was above the drivers. So a top heavy looking loco was made. I posted this because I had to do this to both locos.

* Now for my disclaimer, It seems to be that this post is ok and makes sense. Now I am certain that weeks or months from now, that I will want to change something in this post. But because of the Administration here and their decisions I won't be able to for I will lose my ability to edit this post. This makes me very uncomfortable and feel unsafe here and effects the quality and quantity of my posts. I just hope I have not offended anyone with this post. For i can't do anything about it.

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!

Messages In This Thread