Current HO loco projects
She ain't pretty ,but she's my current project.Since this is for the most part a flatlands loco it was decided to remove the dynamic brakes.I decided to do it in what I call Conrail style because I like the way it looks.I first saw this done on a freshly outshopped GP-9 in the Chicago area.It ammounts to removing the fan(s) and plating over the holes ,gutting out the dynamic blister then plating over the grilles and (in the case of the one I saw in Chi-town) metal finishing the entire brake blister.It's a little hard to tell they have been smoothed over but one the loco is painted it will be very ovious. :mrgreen:

[Image: sd-9-b.jpg]

Other mods (done in 1997) are the chopped short hood and the RPP SD45 cab.I dom have flush fitting windows for the cab .One thing I have not decided yet is where to put the headlights.The least amount of troble would most likely be the low hood.I may eventually use Smokey Valley stantions for the railings ,but for the time being this is to be a low buck build. At this point I have $4.00 invested.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"

Messages In This Thread