Steam engine jubilee in Dresden, Germany
This and next weekend we have the 90th jubilee of our park train engines, 15" gauge engines all of Pacific type and built as 1 to 3.3 scale replications of Deutsche Reichsbahn unity-engines class 03.
First three engines were built in 1925 by Kraus & Cie. (later Krauss-Maffei) in Munich, Germany. (Kraus-Maffei also known as the builder of 3000 hp diesel-hydraulic engines for SP.)
All in all 15 engines of this type were built until 1950 and now they run or are exhibited in Dresden, Leipzig, Stuttgart (all Germany), Austria, Espania, Great Britain and India.
Maybe it would be of interest: In times of WWII the two engines from Dresden and the one from Leipzig (after 1945 East Germany and Russian occupying territory) were secretly stored in querry and the Russian army did not found them. In other case these three engines would have been confiscated and transported to Russia - and we would never again have seen them.

And now our park railway celebrates the 90th jubilee of so called "Lilliputian engines" here in Dresden where the engine from Leipzig were transported to Dresden for a steam event with three engines (including the two battery-powered electric engines owned by Dresden's park railway). Enjoy the pictures!

Here as first the guest engine from Leipzig, painted in typical German railway colors black and red, engine no. 2 of that type.

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1365.jpg]

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1366.jpg]

Engine no. 3 "Moritz" from Dresden park railway in its red livery.

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1344.jpg]

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1345.jpg]

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1347.jpg]

The builder plate of engine "Moritz".

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1392.jpg]

Engine no. 1 "Lisa" - the first and oldest engine in green livery together with the black front end helper from Leipzig on the way in our large city park "Great Garden". Two impressing pictures for me!
However the eight car trains would not be a problem for each of these engines alone.

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1350.jpg]

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1357.jpg]

And a view in the cab.

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1364.jpg]

Some more pictures will follow.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread