doctorwayne's Get off yer duff Challenge (Part I)
Hi Doc,
I live in St Augustine FL now so that would be a loooong trip.

I had not been back to the BigBlue forum in quite some time, and I came back to post a question about those car truck stabilizers. when I saw that photo of some of your work adding on all those brass details to plastic steam engines it 're-inspired' me to think back about big C&O engine I was interested in.

That offer to look for items for me was very generous,...thank you. At present I am no were near doing that project. It has taken me a lot longer just to try and get my new double deck 'layout in a shed' up and running. I'm doing it all on my own, so things don't move along with great speed,...particularly the electrical wiring stuff.

The curiosity about those detail parts resulted from my observations that there appear to be much fewer dealers/sellers at train shows displaying such items. And I think the number of manufactures of such detail items is on the decline? Could this be because newer model train folks entering the hobby are not interested, nor in need, of such detail parts, or not steam engine fans???  Will the supply of such items dwindle into non-existence?

I read the 'about us' section of English's website, and saw where the founder had passed away. Luckily he had a couple of sons who appear to have taken on the reins.

Hopefully i will get a chance to do that kitbash one of these days, but my advancing age, and my desire to get my new layout up and running will be a factor,...plus I have quiet a number of locos I need to get ready for DCC, and thats another barrier I need learn, or get help with.

I'm glad to hear you are doing OK

Messages In This Thread