E-paw's Get off yer duff Challenge - Part I
Well Doc you will get your wish soon. Here she is as she stands now. The last of the details have been added, just waiting for the glue to set completely so she can be washed in prep for painting.    

In this pic the cab interior has been added. If you're after a prototypical camel back interior, pics of them are hard to come by, I did leave a bunch of things out because they interfered with removing the cab for painting, placement of the engineer ,or just plainly could not be seen. Also in this pic are a few steps that I added to the side of the boiler, handrails, a lagging clamp, and an extra step under the running board.

In this front view I added a grab at the lower part of the smoke box front with a step off to the left. the steps under the walkways are also visible.    

As for the brakeman's side, the handrails and the firehose compartment have been added.

I blew up this pic to try to show how I mounted the walkway steps. The arrow points to a pin of brass wire that passes through the step and walkway and held in place with CA. This gives a much stronger bond than just gluing the step in place.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread