New guy in Golden, CO
Hello! My name is Aaron and I am getting back into the hobby after over a decade away. I have been dabbling since January, having brought back a box of my old stuff after the holidays. Turns out it's really relaxing to focus on building a model, which is probably news to none of you [emoji1]

I have been working on a couple of diesels, a Kato GP35 and a Walthers SW1. The switcher is much farther along, a freelance unit that I can have fun with and build some skills before tackling the prototype model. Here's where it's at so far

[Image: 3c1ea6f961a221081346b52603227a7a.jpg]

[Image: 223107a52bb7a02154f283e21957fefc.jpg]

[Image: 903d71f4b3cd67be83e6b2da82468c6f.jpg]

Eventually I would like a room sized layout and I have a working concept so that I can start building a collection of 'stuff.' The long term goal is a short line connecting 3-4 industries to the BN in the late 70's/early 80's. The setting is the PNW so I can have fancy switchers as road power, along with F-units and Alcos at the interchange. SP and WP run throughs also appeared at that place and time.

The short line will serve a brewery/malting operation, a feed mill and an aggregate mine. I would like to put a cement plant at the interchange. While I don't have an extra room, I do have space for a 16" x 70" ISL with option for an add on lead/fiddle track. I'm playing with the idea of using that entire space for the brewery with a Timesaver type track plan. It would make a nice 'end of the line' someday with a passing siding replacing the fiddle track. I think detailing that module and enough equipment to operate it would be a nice starting place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread