Freelance 2018-1
I had a first meeting with the carpenter about the frame work of the new layout. The carpenter will take the lead over the electrician and painter and coordinate the schedules (they did a fantastic job coordinating all crafts for the apartment last year).

The new frame work will be mainly unchanged in the 4,20m * 2,75m (13,7' * 9) room.
The south side will be 4,20m * 0,60m (2') with scenery. The north side will be 4,20m * 0,27m (.9') with a four track staging yard without scenery. The west and east sides will be 0,15m (.5') connections without scenery with hatches for the balcony and room door. The top will be unchanged 0,81m (31.8") to permit train operation under the open window.

The north, west and east sides will reside on brackets mounted at the wall. The wider south side will be bolted to the wall and have 2 to 3 legs for safety reasons as today.

The south side will be a solid frame covered by four easy to exchange 12mm (.45") plywood boards (0,60m * 1,00m/1,20m).

I will use Atlas Code 83 tracks and switches. The staging yard will use six #4 switches and simple top mounted Atlas switch machines. The frogs will not be powered. Simple operation with four push buttons and a diode matrix to power the switch machines. The south side with scenery will be #6 switches and tortoise switch machines.

Next appointment is Monday with the electrician. I need a remote control for the window shutter and outlets for the layout lights mounted under the cabinets.

The forgotten box Thumbsup

[Image: 26185747788_0026a01ed5_c.jpg]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread