The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
With a limited amount of time available, I don't normally post in this thread, so I hope that you folks will forgive me for this intrusion.

Big Blue recently completed a number of auctions in support of this Forum.  The responses were from the usual Members - thank you to them for their participation!

I understand that the amounts offered are beyond the range of what many of us could afford, and perhaps the items being offered aren't of any interest to the majority of us.  As a participant in the creation of some of those items, I am not at all offended by anybody's disinterest in bidding on stuff they don't need, don't want, or can't afford.

However, I am very disappointed that Don and Mikey have to shoulder the cost of this venue almost completely on their own.  If every member were to contribute $1.00 per year to this cause, the future of Big Blue would be much more secure than is currently the situation...one lousy buck!!!

A dollar to share you accomplishments, to see the accomplishments of others, to learn how to do something about which you would otherwise know nothing.  Even just to come here and tell others about your local weather or some interesting thing that occurred.

I know that all of the people listed as Members aren't necessarily participating Members - many have not posted even once.  But (at the risk of sounding like those folks on PBS always asking you to donate) if all of you who bother to read this rant click that button at the bottom of the screen and contribute a dollar, it would help keep this site alive, with no ads, and only the annoying auctions to otherwise disturb your activity here.

Perhaps Don can set up one more auction for us:  Bid a buck, and back Big Blue!

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by doctorwayne - 10-16-2019, 09:44 AM