Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain
I have finished weathering the Water Tower and Cinder Conveyor. Now it is time to decide what is next. My choices are:

Lay out the track and buildings for the engine terminal. I need to assess what track I have particularly turnouts. I must determine a logical way for the terminal to operate. This will determine the track plan and where the structures go. 

In doing some research about engine terminals I now realize a few more things I should have. They are washing racks, and a place to inspect the locos once they enter the facility. Another thing is a way to turn the locos. I do not have the room for a turntable or wye. Therefore, I am looking at something hidden. The loco goes around a building or something to a hidden turntable and the 0-5-0 crane takes care of it.

Ice. One of the perils of reading is learning. Through my reading of milk trains and produce trains I have discovered icing stations generally happen at or near engineer terminals or yards. Since I have this reefer and milk reefer obsession I ought to think about an icing station. I do have a Walthers Icehouse and Platform kit.

Move on to the Passenger Station. Should I build the Union Station kit and Platform kits? These are going to one of the main focal points of the layout. Is time to jump in.

Take a break and build some rolling stock. Is time to step away from the layout and doing something completely different for a time?
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain - by tompm - 05-11-2021, 06:43 PM