Change modeling focus?
What if there is no focus to begin with? I guess starting out with a track plan does show some focus, but beyond that, it's kind of make it up as you go. I have no era, I have no specific railroad I favor, no industries that serve each other, no story to go with my layout or even parts of it, just things that I like to build that looks right to me. And if they don't look right, I back up and try something else. I'm not even sure that I understand some of the things that I'm suppose to do if I want to mimic a real railroad. My first layout was like that as well, the one that got trashed when we decided to move. This one seems to be heading down the same path, and that should be OK. I haven't run trains in some time now, and that should be OK too since what I'm really interested in is to build things. The older I get, the slower things go and the results aren't always as good as I'd like, but it keeps me busy doing something I enjoy and keeps me out of trouble elsewhere. If that's my focus, then the only thing that has changed is my ability to do things as well as I use to, but I'll still try my best and that's all that should matter.

After all, it's a hobby, much more fun than knitting sweaters, crocheting scarfs or weaving baskets, and it's a lot cheaper than flying model airplanes.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
Change modeling focus? - by nachoman - 02-09-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: Change modeling focus? - by jim currie - 02-09-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: Change modeling focus? - by doctorwayne - 02-10-2021, 12:18 AM
RE: Change modeling focus? - by ezdays - 02-10-2021, 07:39 AM
RE: Change modeling focus? - by Tyson Rayles - 02-10-2021, 09:49 AM
RE: Change modeling focus? - by Charlie B - 02-10-2021, 11:17 AM
RE: Change modeling focus? - by nachoman - 02-10-2021, 12:26 PM
RE: Change modeling focus? - by Mountain Man - 02-10-2021, 01:34 PM