Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged
Hello,

@Wayne
This with the sparks is true when running on DC. Rather often i made a DC only spark show in a darkened room to investigate where they shorted out.
With DCC is a another sort. The electronic circuit breakers for protecting decoders have a very short reaction time. So short, that virtually no visible spark has the time to develop.

[Image: dsc04108g4j4i.jpg]
Next was making wipers on the tender trucks and onto the bottom plate.

[Image: dsc04110mzjqn.jpg]
Now with mounted wipers it becomes really finicky to avoid shorts.

[Image: dsc04109ghjs8.jpg]
As you see, there is neither a boiler backhead nor a cab floor existing in the T-12.

[Image: dsc041405pjnt.jpg]
This was also the case with the K-27.

[Image: dsc041417jkbv.jpg]
For the K-27 it was an easy task, because i had a suitable brass casting of a boiler backhead in my inventory.
One rectangular piece of 0,3mm brass sheet with was bent like an "U" and the boiler backhead casting was soldered onto one end.
A second brass sheet, this time with diamond thread pattern, was "L" shaped bent and soldered onto the lower edge of the backhead.
To mount the cab interior an piece of 3x3mm brass rod was soldered onto the rear end plate. Into this two bores drilled and tapped with M1,4 threads. With this fastening the cab interior can simply mounted by screws.
The detailing is still not complete.

[Image: dsc04102gfjod.jpg]

[Image: dsc04057jgj62.jpg]
In spring of this year i had to work on a Spectrum K-27 in Fn3 (1:20.3 scale) for a customer and this was an excellent pattern.

[Image: dsc04162smkj6.jpg]

[Image: dsc04166itk2o.jpg]
And some weeks later the same, but this time a Accucraft K-27 made out of brass and steel (the electric version)

Lutz

Messages In This Thread
Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by testone - 07-11-2021, 07:36 AM
RE: Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by testone - 08-25-2021, 01:59 PM
RE: Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by TMo - 11-19-2022, 11:02 AM
RE: Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by tompm - 02-24-2024, 05:41 PM