20 years ago today
It's Saturday, Sept. 11th..........It's hard to believe that there are young people, teenagers that can only know about this day 20 years ago, by reading about it or from older folk like ourselves. We came together as one nation, I remember the sadness, the outrage, and just about everyone had a flag on their house or vehicle. We supported and respected our firefighters, police and those in the service, here and abroad. We were picked on and we fought back. The might of the United States of American was not to be trifled with.

Today is a different story, we want to remember and we certainly don't want anything like this to happen again, but we are no longer acting as one nation. We are all in little groups, no flags allowed, take a knee during the Nation Anthem, stick our heads in the sand when we get picked on, blame everyone in the past for what's happening now and find fault with everyone that's trying to protect us. We seem to want to make excuses for everything and allow our enemies to run over us. We are tying the hands of those that want to defend us from the bad guys.

No, this is not a political statement but a reflection on how things have changed. It's just that it's upsetting to see that everyone in the world is looking at what's going on here in wonderment and more upsetting that we forget too easily. If you live in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, then stand up and shout, "I'm mad a hell and I won't take it anymore", then unite once again because there are those here that are uniting against us. I just hope it doesn't take another 9/11 to bring us back together like we were 20 years ago.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
20 years ago today - by ezdays - 09-11-2021, 08:13 AM
RE: 20 years ago today - by Tyson Rayles - 09-12-2021, 05:05 AM
RE: 20 years ago today - by ezdays - 09-12-2021, 11:56 AM
RE: 20 years ago today - by Charlie B - 09-12-2021, 12:04 PM
RE: 20 years ago today - by doctorwayne - 09-12-2021, 01:03 PM
RE: 20 years ago today - by ezdays - 09-12-2021, 06:23 PM
RE: 20 years ago today - by ngauger - 09-12-2021, 07:09 PM
RE: 20 years ago today - by ezdays - 09-13-2021, 06:32 AM