Barney Secord flies the Grand Valley...
I said it already, a phantistic layout with a vast amount of operational procedures, built from a great modeler!
Nice to see these pictures in this compact form. Thanks, Doc Wayne.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Any chance Barney Secord will venture far enough to photograph the second level?

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Funny that you'd mention it, Matt, as I was thinking about it last night when I was re-doing the photos.
Most of the mainline track is in place and the rails painted, but other than that, it's a construction zone, with tools, material, and junk everywhere. Maybe once I get it cleaned up, although there's really nothing of interest on it yet, as I can't decide what industries are to go where. I thought that having a full plywood surface on which to work would allow me the freedom to put the tracks wherever I wanted, but it seems more constraining than cut-out plywood roadbed. It also looks like it will be about as urbanised as the rest of the layout, not the semi-rural scenes that I had envisioned. I've probably got too many structures for the space available, too, which will make it difficult to give Mount Forest, the northern terminus of the line, much of a city-like appearance.
I think, in retrospect, that I was very fortunate that the original layout turned out as well as it did, despite not having a trackplan or even much of a design concept.

Wayne
I remember, some time back a few, when Barney ..."rented" Wink a float plane, and did a few low passes over the Cindys Harbor Seaport Village and Museum. :o

Now where did I put that evidence........

:mrgreen: Found it !! Big Grin Big Grin

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Evidently it was one way in which he "a-mast" so many flying hours. Crazy Misngth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Funny that you'd mention it, Matt, as I was thinking about it last night when I was re-doing the photos.
Most of the mainline track is in place and the rails painted, but other than that, it's a construction zone, with tools, material, and junk everywhere. Maybe once I get it cleaned up, although there's really nothing of interest on it yet, as I can't decide what industries are to go where. I thought that having a full plywood surface on which to work would allow me the freedom to put the tracks wherever I wanted, but it seems more constraining than cut-out plywood roadbed. It also looks like it will be about as urbanised as the rest of the layout, not the semi-rural scenes that I had envisioned. I've probably got too many structures for the space available, too, which will make it difficult to give Mount Forest, the northern terminus of the line, much of a city-like appearance.
I think, in retrospect, that I was very fortunate that the original layout turned out as well as it did, despite not having a trackplan or even much of a design concept.

Wayne

Good to hear! Funny how too much freedom is sometime extremely limiting. My hunch is that your deep knowledge of railroading enable you to come up with a coherent vision without a plan. So far your intuition with that layout was quite good since you have many great photogenic spots. And I think the idea of shooting a layout from an airplane is probably the most natural way to fully understand how it works together.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
This post is just to let any interested parties know that the photos in this thread have been returned to their original order (after the jumbling as a result of the site upgrade).  

There are at least two other threads in this section for me to redo, and I'll post notices in them when they're completed, too.

Thanks if you care to take a look.

Wayne
Thank you Wayne!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Are there any photos of Barney and his plane? Surely they are out there someplace. 
Charlie
(10-03-2019, 09:28 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Are there any photos of Barney and his plane? Surely they are out there someplace. 
Charlie

It took me a while to find them, Charlie, but I believe that they're on Page 2 of this thread.

Wayne
Found these in my archives with Barney in a Santa suit. Both are from 2009 right after we changed to Big Blue.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Ooops, just to avoid any confusion, I think the first one is from Wayne, the other one is one that I doctored up for the holidays. I can't be sure though since that was 10 years ago and I can't remember what I did last week, nevermind that long ago.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
what is the last post about?
(01-03-2020, 10:19 AM)Charlie B Wrote: what is the last post about?

Just a bunch of spam, along with 124 others that are all gone now, as is the one that posted all that trash.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and