PC Photo
Here's a u-boat from 1977.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, one of the things I like about the Santa Fe as opposed to the U.P. is that they rebuild old locomotives, and keep on running them. I've noticed that the BN did the same thing, so there are quite a few older locomotives on the BNSF, but I've never seen anything like the PC. A GE 44 toner still in use on a Class 1 railroad in the 1970's or was it 1980's, Charlie!? An old Alco Rs made it into PC colors! Awesome! In some ways, I'm glad I don't model the Penn Central. With the Santa Fe, if they didn't have it or didn't have it during the era that I'm modeling, I don't buy it. If I modeled the PC, I would need to buy at least one of virtually every new locomotive any manufacturer came out with! I'd go broke in a hurry trying to model all of those things.
bdw9535 Wrote:It's not a loco pic, but its PC and still working on 6/18/09. Not a good shot but thought some would be interested.

Bruce
nice!!!! Was that taken in South Jersey???
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Bruce[/quote]
nice!!!! Was that taken in South Jersey???[/quote]

Yes, its at the junction of Rts 206 and 30 in Hammonton, NJ.

Bruce
bdw9535 Wrote:Bruce
nice!!!! Was that taken in South Jersey???[/quote]

Yes, its at the junction of Rts 206 and 30 in Hammonton, NJ.

Bruce[/quote]
Cool!!!! Thanks for sharing! Big Grin Big Grin I'll be in Ft. mott State park tomorrow foir a family reunion .. Smile I'll keep an eye out for trains too LOL
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Russ Bellinis Wrote:Wow, one of the things I like about the Santa Fe as opposed to the U.P. is that they rebuild old locomotives, and keep on running them. I've noticed that the BN did the same thing, so there are quite a few older locomotives on the BNSF, but I've never seen anything like the PC. A GE 44 toner still in use on a Class 1 railroad in the 1970's or was it 1980's, Charlie!? An old Alco Rs made it into PC colors! Awesome! In some ways, I'm glad I don't model the Penn Central. With the Santa Fe, if they didn't have it or didn't have it during the era that I'm modeling, I don't buy it. If I modeled the PC, I would need to buy at least one of virtually every new locomotive any manufacturer came out with! I'd go broke in a hurry trying to model all of those things.
The PC had a few FA1 or 2's they got from the New Haven. they didn't last too long. The Alco S-1/4's and the RS 3 made it into Conrail. Many larger Alco's also saw PC lettering, both 6 and 4 axle century's and the RS 11/18 and 27's I'm sure Ralph knows more about them then I do. They used E7's to pull their hot shot mail truck trains, I do remember seeing them, but no pictures
Charlie
Mikey,

You most likely won't be seeing anything moving, but if you go back up Rt 49 from the Fort Mott area to Deepwater, which is just North of the Delaware Memorial Bridge and on Rt 130, there is a large power plant. You will see the yard which is on your left , it may be filled with coal and fly ash hoppers. The road power usually ties up behind the concrete batch plant which is at the end of the yard. This is a CSAO area, so you may see NS, CSX and an occasional CR locos.The SMS RR is further up 130 in Bridgeport at the Pureland Industrial Park but they don't work on the weekends. If your a Baldwin fan you should try to get there on weekdays, they are very railfan friendly.

Bruce
Didn't get to the power plant... Sad Didn't see anything running anywhere, 'cept cars Sad

But it's a beautiful area!! Smile Smile Had lots of fun and lots of food Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Hey guys, Looking for a little info? Need to know if and what train masters made it to PC and does anyone have any pics of one? Jerry doesnt show any on his site,but my PC ency. shows and mentions a few from PRR that made it to PC but no numbers or refrence materials.
Thanks, Tony
They were numbered 6700-6708 according to Wickipedia.
This is written on Jerry's PC site: The FM ex-PRR Trainmasters didn't receive PC paint, but were left with their PRR markings (though some could have been re-numbered w/ PC style white numbers), and were retired early-on as well around 1969 or so.
Hope this helps
Charlie
Thank you very much, thats exactly what I needed. I new they had them but couldn't find out how they where numbered or ifthey recieved the PC logos.
Thanks again,
Tony
Time to give Ralph a fix October of 77 and 78
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice! Very picturesque with the Fall colors!
Ralph
Hello Everyone---Charlie,your outstanding photo collection continues to amaze me---thank you for posting
East bound through East Palestine 1978

Attached Files Image(s)