Rollin' on the river...
...well, more like across the river. Misngth Caught these photos while attempting some fishing.

Anyway, a train of newly painted or newly re-painted cars heading east over the Maitland River. Paint is PollyScale, with C-D-S dry transfer lettering, except as noted, and Floquil weathering. Re-weigh/re-pack data from Champ.

The "lucky" 26 is on the point today:
[Image: Freightcarphotos012.jpg]

along with the 27:
[Image: Freightcarphotos013.jpg]

Accurail 7-panel boxcar, modified to a double door type:
[Image: Freightcarphotos017.jpg]

Accurail 9-panel boxcar, with C-D-S custom lettering:
[Image: Freightcarphotos018.jpg]

Train Miniature X-29-style boxcar, Champ decals:
[Image: Freightcarphotos019.jpg]

Accurail:
[Image: Freightcarphotos020.jpg]

A pair of Train Miniature 7-panel boxcars:
[Image: Freightcarphotos022.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos023.jpg]

more Acccurail cars:
[Image: Freightcarphotos024.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos025.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos026.jpg]

Train Miniature:
[Image: Freightcarphotos027.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos028.jpg]

Accurail, again:
[Image: Freightcarphotos029.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos030.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos031.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos032.jpg]

Train Miniature:
[Image: Freightcarphotos033.jpg]

Accurail:
[Image: Freightcarphotos034.jpg]

Some more Train Miniature:
[Image: Freightcarphotos035.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos036.jpg]

An Athearn car:
[Image: Freightcarphotos037.jpg]

Accurail:
[Image: Freightcarphotos038.jpg]

Train Miniature:
[Image: Freightcarphotos039.jpg]

Accurail:
[Image: Freightcarphotos040.jpg]

Some more Train Miniature:
[Image: Freightcarphotos041.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos042.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos043.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos044.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos045.jpg]

And, finally, Train Miniature, with Champ decals:
[Image: Freightcarphotos046.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotos048.jpg]

Now, to get back to the fishin'. Wink

Wayne
The first and last shots are from opposite sides of the river! Were you fishing on a boat? Oh, and why isn't a CN or CP loco pulling the train?
-Steven-

The Zealot progress thread: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267">http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267</a><!-- m -->
The current progress thread: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923</a><!-- l -->
doctorwayne Wrote:...well, more like across the river. Misngth Caught these photos while attempting some fishing.

Well, rolling across the river sure beats rolling into the river Goldth

Pictures taken from a boat, eh ? As always - magnificent !

Smile,
Stein
Wow - Really nice job! Great looking steamers and cars. Thumbsup
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
viperman Wrote:The first and last shots are from opposite sides of the river! Were you fishing on a boat? Oh, and why isn't a CN or CP loco pulling the train?

Hello Everyone---I'm fortunate that my friend Wayne invited me to join him on that fishing trip---what a great day even though I was the designated rower---beautiful weather,lots of "cold pops",the fish were biting,and of course the trains.I'm glad Wayne reminded me to bring my camera as there were as many trains as the fish.The Canadian National also showed up---here's a shot of a double-header that passed shortly after the train above.Thanks again Doctor Wayne for making this (and many others) such a memorable day

[Image: 260406047.jpg]
Great roll-by! There's just something about trains crossing rivers! Thumbsup
Ralph
Thanks to all for the kind comments. :mrgreen:

viperman Wrote:The first and last shots are from opposite sides of the river! Were you fishing on a boat?

Yup! It was fortunate that Mister Nutbar is such a strong rower, too, as the current could have resulted in the majority of the pictures being from the other side of the bridge, with the train getting smaller and smaller as we drifted out into Lake Erie. Wink Misngth

viperman Wrote:Oh, and why isn't a CN or CP loco pulling the train?

Actually, while CNR locos are often seen on these tracks, the tenant railroad is the Grand River & Northern Lake Erie, commonly known as the Erie Northshore:
[album]462[/album]

The Erie Northshore is jointly owned by the Grand Valley and EG&E (Elora Gorge & Eastern), so locos from both of these roads are seen here quite often:
[album]463[/album]

Even locos from interchange partner TH&B occasionally burnish Northshore rails beyond the interchange at Port Maitland:
[Image: 100_5473.jpg]

Wayne
As always, cool pics, and cool rolling stock! And that's an awful lot of boxcar red! Icon_lol
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
nachoman Wrote:......that's an awful lot of boxcar red! Icon_lol

Hey, it was on sale! Wink

If you crave variety, though, it's readily available Misngth :
[album]714[/album]

[album]830[/album]

[album]1009[/album]

[album]559[/album]

[album]646[/album]

[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews080.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews110.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews086.jpg]

Wayne
Hello---I came across a few more shots from our fishing trip,a couple in black and white---some of the locomotives were so close you could almost touch them

[Image: a021.jpg]

[Image: 260406032.jpg]

[Image: 2005034-1.jpg]

[Image: 2005029.jpg]

[Image: doctorwayne2007060.jpg]

[Image: doctorwayne2007069.jpg]
Nice pics. Love the low river shots.

Two fishermen in a boat:
"Charlie..Train coming...Grab my camera out of my bag!"
Charlie:
"When you told me this was your favorite spot, I thought you meant it was 'cause the fishing was good."
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Nice pics Wayne! And nice models, too!. Thumbsup

Although, it looks like the shop crews are getting a little lazy about pulling out the coupler height gauge.... there's a few cars with some serious mismatches there. Tongue Wink
Nice pics doc and i see im not the only one with that problem. Oh and the S4 has her work cut out for her on the O&W. Just need to order a dcc.
Harry Check out my blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://newyorkontariowestern.blogspot.com/">http://newyorkontariowestern.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->
Squidbait Wrote:....it looks like the shop crews are getting a little lazy about pulling out the coupler height gauge.... there's a few cars with some serious mismatches there. Tongue Wink

You're right about the mismatches, but the cars all went through the test on the Kadee height gauge. The problem is that I check mainly for trip pin adjustment, and seldom bother with the height of the head of the coupler. Misngth It's mostly the Train Miniature cars that are the lower ones, even though I installed washers to raise the car height. The train did run around the entire layout several times, with no break-in-twos, despite my many curves and elevation changes. I seldom use the uncoupling ramps, but you're right: some of those cars need to be corrected. 35

Wayne
Hi Doc---I was so caught up in how good the cars looked that I did'nt even notice the couplers---kind of like looking at a pretty girl,you don't realize there's something missing---anyway,here's another shot from under the bridge

[Image: 260406050.jpg]