Lest We Forget
MountainMan Wrote:I just brought my 96 year old father to Colorado from California. He was on OMAHA Beach on D-Day. To this day, he cannot bring himself to speak about it beyond a few, brief words about the horror.

Soon, he and the rest of his brave generation will be gone from among us, and who will remember then?
I'm hoping we all will still remember. it's because of people like your father that we are free to still speak the languages we do and we still can work where we choose and go where we want without clearing it with any government agency. It's because of them I'm able to type this without worrying that someone is spying on what I'm saying or doing and if they don't approve of what I do, they will deal with me rather harshly and unfairly. That's why I will remember for as long as I'm still able, those that served in any war on the side of freedom and peace.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
There is hope - I promise you that. I've seen them. On the fronts in Iraq and Afghanistan. They're doing what they do, day in and day out, and with a great attitude. They are the youth that joined up because they wanted to. They feel they're needed, they feel they're making a difference in our lives back home. And, they are patriotic, strong, and united.

Please, when you see one of these kids, offer them your hand and say thanks. No matter what you really think about the wars, the politics, the "cause"...just say "thanks...I'm glad you made it home". It will mean the world to them that someone cares and thought enough to show it. They shoulder a tremendous burden that few can understand. Tell them thanks.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)