A Summer Structure Challenge in Three Parts
Trucklover Wrote:Wait, Don, when does this challenge end???
The Autumnal Equinox - or - the First Day of Autumn... September 22 Big Grin

Only 2 weeks left!!! Eek Eek Eek
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:The Autumnal Equinox - or - the First Day of Autumn... September 22 Big Grin

Only 2 weeks left!!! Eek Eek Eek

Eek Eek Eek Eek Ohhhh boy, thats not good news, i still have a TON of work to do on my Blast Furnace Wallbang

With the girlfriend starting school again on Thursday, maybe ill have some time to work on it again, i havnt touched the structure kit since she got out of school back in June Eek Icon_lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Ohhhh boy, 2 days left for this contest Eek

Good thing all i have to do is weather the Skip Hoist on my Blast Furnace and ill be done Misngth I should be able to do that later tonight and snap some more pics off and get it posted to close off my kitbuild challenge thread Misngth Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Trucklover Wrote:Ohhhh boy, 2 days left for this contest Eek

Good thing all i have to do is weather the Skip Hoist on my Blast Furnace and ill be done Misngth I should be able to do that later tonight and snap some more pics off and get it posted to close off my kitbuild challenge thread Misngth Misngth
Yep, we're really down to the short strokes. Me, I've got a few things left to do with a lot of touch-up and a few progress pics to post yet, but I think I'm going to make it after all... Misngth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
If i just ONLY do the catenary tomorrow (no guarantees i won't have other distractions), it WILL be up. I think i need to make a trip to the hobby shop for one or two extra track sections to fill in my scene, and some more cork if i can't find any in my basement.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
OK folks, today is the day. Here's the deal:
  • This contest ends on the last day of Summer, which happens to be sometime later today. So in all fairness and to give everyone an equal time to try and finish (note the word "try", since that's what I'm rushing to do), we will call "time" at midnight tonight in whatever time zone you reside in. You are on your honor to stop at that point and take pictures of where you are, finished or not.
  • You have all day tomorrow, Sept 23rd, to post your pictures.
  • If you haven't finished, you can go ahead and do more work and continue to post your progress, but it's what you post tomorrow that counts in judging the contest.
  • The voting polls will open by the end of this week and remain open until October 15th.
  • We will award certificates for all the winners in each category, and award "participating" certificates for all the rest of those that entered and have posted at least a few pictures of their work, even if they haven't finished.
Good luck and a big, thank you, to all of you that have entered. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
haha. Well, I never got the railing, loading dock, or awning done on my kitbash structure, and won't rush it tonight. And - I had difficulty installing window glass to my liking in my kitbuild structures, so I will unlikely have those done tonight. But the real point of these contests/challenges is not to win, but to have the encouragement to get off your butt and get a project or two completed for your layout. As a result, my town will be a lot more habitable. I suggest we have another winter challenge - maybe "finish" a section of your layout, or perhaps a rolling stock challenge.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
My pics are posted in my challenge thread, did I do it wrong?
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
Man i got mine finished just in time, im about to post my final pics in my kitbulld thread Misngth Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Lester Perry Wrote:My pics are posted in my challenge thread, did I do it wrong?
No, they belong there, otherwise this thread would be a jumbled mess to sort out. Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Official registration list for those in the challenge:

In the KITBUILD challenge, we have:
  • Trucklover
  • shaygetz
  • TCWORLD
  • Brakie
  • ocalicreek
  • Green_Elite_Cab
  • iis612

In the KITBASH challenge are:
  • Trucklover
  • ezdays
  • MasonJar
  • e-paw
  • Nachoman
  • TCWORLD
  • ocalicreek

In the SCRATCHBUILD challenge are the following:
  • eightyeightfan1
  • ezdays
  • e-paw
  • cnw1961
  • tv_man
  • ngauger
  • Lester Perry
  • nkp_174

I notice my name isn't up there, but i have been scratchbuilding stuff.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:I notice my name isn't up there, but i have been scratchbuilding stuff.
Not a problem, the first thing I plan on doing before I set up the voting poll is to resolve this list to the people that have actually done work on their entries and those that are on the list but haven't yet started....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I'm afraid I just didnt get a chance to do and work on my layout/start the challenge over the summer. So I'm out.
Tom (TC) - Creator of Extremely Miniature Layouts on Disks! See Them All, and More on My Website. Latest Update: Jan '10.
[Image: 200549bd0989263ef.png]
So this is where ya'll been hiding! I've been wondering why the rest of the board has seemed dead and stumble into the contest forum and holy cow!

A lot of REEEEALLY nice work has been done over the summer. Took me sometime to go through the build threads and there are a lot of them. Great job everyone! Thumbsup