E-paw's kitbash summer '09 challenge
WoW..!!! I would've thought beer time should have been after the 3rd. or 4th. row into the job... Goldth
Very well done...I like the fact that they're all evenly spaced and STRAIGHT, and the color variations.... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
I cut in the switch today, soldered on the leads, and drilled the holes to pass the wire under the layout. Soon I can mount it permanently. I have to pour the water first.    

I also started on the deck of the operators cabin. It's the same planking as the apron. I have some left over railing from another kit that will be added. A stair case or ladder will also be needed.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Cant wait to see the water added Big Grin the decking is excellent precise work well done Thumbsup
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freewebs.com/upnick/">http://www.freewebs.com/upnick/</a><!-- m -->
[Image: up_xm40o.gif][Image: up_lo-1.gif][Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
I'm headed out to the LHS today upnick to get some woodland scenics EZ-water.I went over to see the JGLfans layout yesterday.It was some very nice workmanship, especially his hand laid track.We were so busy talking I forgot to take pictures. 35 Afterwords I started on the car float barge. So far The only "kitbashing" that I did was to shorten the barge 34 scale feet.I did this in 2 cuts to keep the same pattern it the deck hatches. You can see the 2 removed sections in the background of this pic.    
The working section of decking was left so I can wire the track. They supply you with plastic rail, but I will swap it out for code 83 NS track and add pickups on the lock downs to match the apron.

Even though I shortened the barge you car still see It's a large model.    
Have you seen this? <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bronx-terminal.com/?p=1934">http://www.bronx-terminal.com/?p=1934</a><!-- m -->
Tom (TC) - Creator of Extremely Miniature Layouts on Disks! See Them All, and More on My Website. Latest Update: Jan '10.
[Image: 200549bd0989263ef.png]
Yea TC. I know that build well, I've fallowed it for a while now.(I'm a big CNJ fan).

I got back from the LHS and made the first pour on the Susquehanna river. It's the first time I used this product and I'm very happy with it.    

While that dried I started on the wiring for the rail. First I drilled some holes to reach the rail. passed some wire through and made a splice. It has the same pickup system as the apron with brass wipers in the lock down pins. After I checked for shorts and opens I glued down the last section of decking. This part is ready for paint.        
Wow! The water looks GREAT!
Ralph
Outstanding Work! Really nice job with the whole design and execution. The pilings look great. Thumbsup
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Wow. That water is as realistic as they come. An absolutely excellent job. I really like the wood around the edges of the river. Jolly good show.
Tom (TC) - Creator of Extremely Miniature Layouts on Disks! See Them All, and More on My Website. Latest Update: Jan '10.
[Image: 200549bd0989263ef.png]
Water looks good.
I have a bottle sitting on the shelf I haven't used yet. And I have a river that needs water.
Now I'm gonna have to try using it.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Wow!!!!!!!!! Great looking water there, gunna be hard to compete with that, keep it going. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks all, I realy appreciate the comments.
I started on the lights that will hang out over the apron.    
I started by cutting off the cone shaped end from the sand hoppers that I eliminated from the coaling bridge (see new project),this will become the reflector of the light fixture. I then drilled them out and installed a grain of wheat bulb in to them.    
As you can see in the pic I used Testors glue for clear plastic for this.    
next I glued up some left over angle iron from my water bridge (also see new project) to make the supports for the fixtures. I will paint and install them soon.
Very nice work...! The minwax stain is not something I've tried, but it is very effective.

Andrew
I painted lettered, and weathered the car float. I just have to hit the LHS for some more code 83 rail.    

I also finished the lights and mounted them after I lettered the head house.