CF&E Action/Short Line Action.
I thought it would be fun to post some short line action..Let's see those short line photos! Thumbsup

So,I will kick it off.

Last night while out and about I saw 2 green looking locomotives on the CF&E and after a short "pursuit" these units turn out to be I&ORY GP50 5001 and HLCX MP15AC #1400.Thankfully I had my camera since I had planned on stopping at Col/San for some evening railfanning.

Notice the darkening sky..A T-Storm was heading my way and I could hear the thunder thundering. :o

CF&E is making a reverse move around the connector so it can enter NS's Sandusky main line in order to head to Transco and switch out the cars.

After switching Transco the CF&E crew reverse moves back onto home track.

Notice the wet street,,The storm has pass.

Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Nice pictures. Thumbsup

Currently Fired Employees?? :o 357
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Brakie Wrote:Currently Fired Employees?? :o 357

Many of their start-up employees were "on vacation" from Norfolk Southern.
Maybe we're too obscure for them, Larry? Yet more Indiana & Ohio action:

[Image: CEFX3092HamlerOHSmall.jpg]

[Image: IORY4082NearColumbusGroveOH12-19-02Small.jpg]

[Image: IORY4084CrossingHamlerOH1-7-03Small.jpg]

[Image: IORY4085LeipsicOH1-2-03Small.jpg]

[Image: IORY4085NearHamlerOH1-2-03Small.jpg]

[Image: IORY4085SignalOttawaOH10-25-04Small.jpg]
Seems with the CF&E one never know whats going to show up next.

Here's 2 I&O GP40s as they reverse move around the Southeast connector back to home rails..

[Image: 005-11.jpg]

[Image: 006-14.jpg]

Headin' West toward Lima.

[Image: 008-12.jpg]
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

railohio Wrote:Maybe we're too obscure for them, Larry? Yet more Indiana & Ohio action:

Naw, we like seeing railroading from all parts of the country ( and the world). You've given us a colorful and varied collection. Keep 'em coming!

By the way, one of my favorite photos doesn't even have a locomotive included in the image. Its the picture of the blue yard shack and boxcars used for storage. That'd make a good scene on a model railroad. Nice reference picture. Thumbsup

Ralph
Ralph Wrote:Naw, we like seeing railroading from all parts of the country ( and the world). You've given us a colorful and varied collection. Keep 'em coming!

In his original post Brakie asked others to post their shortline and regional photos in this thread. So far I've been the only one to do so. That would lead me to believe that Larry and I are the only two here who go after shortlines and regionals with our cameras.
How about it shortline fans? There's your reminder that the invitation is open! Thumbsup
Ralph
Here's the Winchester and Western working in Millville, NJ , May of 2009. They operate with engines on both ends of the train. The first shot is with the Belvidere and Delaware River RR's SD9,which has been working on the WW for the last year, on lead. The second with a WW GP9 trailing.

Bruce    

Attached Files Image(s)

What a sweet looking SD9 and of course the 520 not that bad looking either.. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Larry,

Here's two additional shots of BDRV 9581, at Vineland, NJ March 2009 and Millville,NJ Feb 2009.

Bruce    

Attached Files Image(s)

Several shots of the ex Shore Fast Line taken in Pleasantville, NJ. The SW1200 on 12/89 and the U30B on 1/90.    

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Shore Fast Line..Never heard of it but,what a odd roster.

Thanks for sharing.

You have any more information on this line?
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Here's a couple shots of the TRILLIUM RAILWAY'S MLW S-13 switching in St. Catharines Ontario. I sorta stumbled across it while looking for a business in the area, and, luckily, happened to have my camera with me.
[Image: MLWS-13switchinginStCatharines015.jpg]

[Image: MLWS-13switchinginStCatharines004.jpg]

Here's a link to some more pictures.

Wayne
Another short line favouring ALCo/MLW power is the Delaware Lackawanna in Scranton, Pa. (right next to Steam Town).
[Image: Pennsylvaniatripphotos008.jpg]

[Image: Pennsylvaniatripphotos005.jpg]

[Image: Pennsylvaniatripphotos006.jpg]

[Image: Pennsylvaniatripphotos007.jpg]

And there are more photos HERE

Wayne