[Image: 4804960518_164f9a4a61.jpg]

[Image: 4804960292_42b5db9a7c.jpg]

[Image: 4804330697_4b1c52fdbf.jpg]
Adrian & Blissfield shops July 19:

[Image: 4826850309_8a0ae6fc6e.jpg]

[Image: 4826849657_d95dcd24a4.jpg]

[Image: 4827458856_71c76aea51.jpg]

[Image: 4827457856_fa41209531.jpg]
Nice! I like the A&B paint scheme and the shop is just begging to be modeled. Thumbsup
Ralph
Cheers ...Is #1760 a GP-7..?? And its "sister" is doing passenger service..!!
Gus (LC&P).
Over the years I been ask why I like short lines.

Lucius Beebe once stated a shortline is such a down home thing and I totally agree.

However,because of my love for boxcars what more can I say when Brian's picture says it all?

[Image: 4602358916_1eb43179a3_o.jpg]
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Steamtrains Wrote:Cheers ...Is #1760 a GP-7..?? And its "sister" is doing passenger service..!!

Actually, quite a few roads used geeps in passenger service, including my hometown TH&B, which owned three GP9s equipped with steam generators. They were set-up to run long hood forward, while their freight locos, GP7s, ran short hood forward. By the time of this photo, passenger service had been discontinued completely.
[Image: THB403and74nearGageAve-mid-80s-view.jpg]

Wayne
Brakie Wrote:because of my love for boxcars what more can I say when Brian's picture says it all?

Brakie, I'm with you. A love of boxcars and then throw in the Santa Fe blue and yellow, and what else do you need? Beautiful!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Not exactly action shots (I don't take many of those) but here are a few short lines...
Carthage, Knightstown & Shirley Railroad (Tourist Line), Knightstown, IN    
Connersville & New Castle Railroad, Connersville, IN    
Columbia Terminal Railroad, Columbia, Missouri    
Hoosier Southern Railroad, Lincoln City, IN    
Indiana Eastern Railroad, Cottage Grove, IN    
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
And a few more scanned from my slide collection that goes back to the early 1970's...
Algers Winslow and Western Railway, Oakland City, IN    
Cadiz Railroad, Princeton, KY    
Carthage, Knightstown & Shirley Railroad (When still a freight carrying short line), Shirley, IN    
The first Indiana & Ohio Locomotive, Brookville, IN    
J&J Railroad, Hardin, KY (later became Hardin Southern Railroad)    
Ed
And just a few more from my slide collection...
Logansport & Eel River Short Line, Logansport, IN    
Louisville New Albany & Corydon Railroad, Corydon, IN    
Louisville New Albany & Corydon Railroad, Corydon, IN    
Southern Indiana Railway, Sellersburg, IN    
Ed
WoW..!! Indiana seems to be full of short lines, with great and unique locos..!! Keep 'em coming..!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Ed,I really like that Columbia Terminal Railroad unit.I also believe that would be a mighty fine short line to model.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Here are a few more odds and ends... As time permits, I'll try and go through my slide collection and see if I can get some acceptable scans of long gone short lines. Indiana was full of them in the 70's and early 80's.
Here's a shot of the entire roster of the Camp Chase Railroad in Columbus, OH...    
Here's Kentucky & Tennessee No. 105 Lettered for the Big South Fork Scenic Railroad at Stearns, KY    
Vandalia Railroad No. 104 at Vandalia, IL    
Southwind Shortline GE 80Ton at Mount Vernon, IN    
I caught CFE 3889 on the Indiana & Ohio just outside of Cincinnati, OH about a year ago    
Ed
Not what you'd call short lines, but here are a few industrial locomotives that I've photographed over the past couple of years.
I ran across this 40 ton Davenport sitting near the road along US 40 east of Columbus, OH. Don't even remember the exact location and it appeared to be some sort of museum. Perhaps someone on here can help me remember the location!! How about those eyes on the pilot?    
This 45 ton GE is used to switch gons of scrap metal at Milano Metals in Mount Vernon, IL to interchange with Norfolk Southern    
This GP-9 is located at a grain elevator in Carrollton, Missouri along the former ATSF main line to Kansas City. Interesting paint scheme - not sure who the original owner may have been    
Same day that I photographed the MidWest geep, I found this rebuilt geep belonging to Ray Carroll Co-Op at WB Jct just west of Carrollton, MO. Ray-Carroll has large elevators all over Missouri and this one was destined to go to their new elevator complex being constructed on the east side of Carrollton    
Ed
Brakie Wrote:Ed,I really like that Columbia Terminal Railroad unit.I also believe that would be a mighty fine short line to model.
Larry;
I have family out in Missouri not far from Columbia and always check out COLT when I go out that way. It is indeed an interesting short line. Owned by the city of Columbia, they've managed to get quite a few customers on the line. Primary business seems to be handling coal to the Columbia Municipal Power Plant in blocks of about 20 cars two or three times a week.

I understand that they are going to start running a dinner train out of Columbia with equipment painted in Wabash hertiage colors. I'm hoping to get back out that way toward the end of the summer to check that out.

Here are some links about the COLT that you may find interesting...
http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/WaterandLigh...t_Us/COLT/
http://www.columbiamissourian.com/storie...on-moving/
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2010...in-august/
Ed