Charlie b's layout
Well, my crane has a tender now.   2285_

Charlie
Interesting color.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(11-04-2020, 07:00 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Interesting color.

And completely prototypical, too.

Wayne
I'm pretty sure this is HO but the tender looks like a Lionel 0-27.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Could be Lionel HO, but I'd guess maybe LifeLike.

Wayne
Not much for an update but I got the new 8 amp booster installed and working.  I will add photos later. 
Charlie
Hey Charlie. I did the same thing with my Tichy crane. Except for the flashy color!
Charlie— you might want to think about adding an angled adjustable back rest- and get some nice soft cushions.
Opps- thought I was posting to your creeper construction.
Eventually I'll get around to making a tender for my crane as well. Looking good Charlie!
The Tichy crane does have roof hatches for both coal and water, although it's difficult to know the capacity of each...

...and I'd guess it would not be all that easy, especially for coal, to re-stock it when on-the-job, as opposed to when at home-base.
There is a large door at the rear of the crane, but the door for the firebox is behind the operator's seat.  According to the kit's instructions, the operator was also the fireman.

Wayne
That must have been awkward? Did the operator have to hand bomb the coal in buckets (or shovel by shovel full?) inside the cab to keep the boiler hot enough? I often wondered how they did it while I built my own. The aux tender made sense, and I thought that was what the back door was for, so that water and coal could be fed in from the back when necessary. Guess that's not correct?
I've been working on a few projects. I never got around to entering the challenge. The RS12 is  a Stewart, and the Q2 and the K4 are brass from unknown manufacturers. They will all have sound decoders installed.         
Charlie
That looks good, Charlie, especially the ones with the primer...I'd guess maybe Tamiya or Alclad II.  I've used both, the Tamiya from a spray can, which is about as close as you can get to an airbrush using a spray can.

The Alclad II is airbrush ready, with mixing balls (similar to rattle cans) in the plastic bottle.  I was glad to see both of them, as they're a good replacement for Floquil's Grey Primer, my former preference.

Wayne
DGLE applied. I will let them dry for a week before decals, the a dull coat and some weathering             
Charlie