Charlie b's layout
Love the signs on the brick building, Charlie! How'd you do that?
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Charlie, I just cant get enough of the pics of your layout, and engines Worship Worship , Thank you for the post! Applause Applause Icon_e_biggrin
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
I always enjoy a tour of the Wilderson Division---thanks Charlie.
(01-10-2023, 06:19 PM)TMo Wrote: Love the signs on the brick building, Charlie!  How'd you do that?

I tried printing my own decals but that didn.t work so I used Avery Label paper and sprayed it with dull coat.  I tried that with my Canon printer but the ink ran so I guess I was lucky with the old building, but I think I had a printer made by HP. I used a picture of the sign that is on the building. 

Charlie
Clever! Thanks for the tip. I like the fact that there are the remains of 3 or 4 signs wearing through each other.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Always a treat seeing your layout, Charlie. Thanks for posting.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(01-11-2023, 04:38 AM)TMo Wrote: Clever!  Thanks for the tip.  I like the fact that there are the remains of 3 or 4 signs wearing through each other.

I actually used a photo I took of the prototype building to make the sign. I had to do a lot of stretching and skewing to make it the image square because a head on shot of the sign wasn't possible.
Charlie
Another favoritte photo with the help of Photoshop Elements.      Charlie
Thumbs Up 
Worship Applause Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(01-11-2023, 09:21 AM)Charlie B Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 04:38 AM)TMo Wrote: Clever!  Thanks for the tip.  I like the fact that there are the remains of 3 or 4 signs wearing through each other.

I actually used a photo I took of the prototype building to make the sign. I had to do a lot of stretching and skewing to make it the image square because a head on shot of the sign wasn't possible.
Charlie

Just goes to show you that some things in real life are just better than anything you can buy or make yourself!
(01-11-2023, 09:21 AM)Charlie B Wrote:

Charlie

Charlie,
I am soooo impressed by your layout.
and I too like the painted sign on the side of the building.  
You don't see them much anymore
In 2001 I bought my wife a Brother Scan n Cut with ulterior motives in mind. I used it to cut signal heads (PRR position lights) and they are fine looking. I haven't got around to the signals yet but the heads have been cut, I posted a photo of the result a few posts back. I have spent some time on the computer drawing a couple kits I want to cut from styrene on the machine I hope to try them in a week or so but he drawing is done. The first is a C3 caboose like the one I owned and stayed in as a home away from home the first 10 years I ran the Kiski.     

Another scene I want to make will be the Long Long Trailer, from the 1953 movie. I have the sides outlined for another sheet of polystyrene.      and I also found a photo of the label that was distorted so I did some stretching and skewing and resizing so I can make the decals for it.     Finding a '53 Mercury of Lincoln was not a possibility but I have a '53 Ford convertible that can handle it on level ground. 

Don't hold your breath but I hope to have these done before summer comes around. 
Charlie

Brilliant Charlie. Thanks for the pics showing the overview of your layout. I realise it's time for me to start putting a bit of effort into scenery to link the elements of my layout into a story.....
..... Eventually, ..... probably.

Jack   219
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
The Long Long Trailer - ambitious and cool to boot! Looking forward to watching that one take shape!
I don't have enough irons in the fire so I have decided I need a massive yard to display all of my rolling stock. I just don't like having it in boxes and drawers under the layout so I am taking a foot off the east side and 16 feet of the north side to build a yard. I made a VERY rough drawing of what I hope to accomplish. I will be adding another 300 feet of track for the yard/s.     
I had ordered shelf braces and they came today so I have installed them on the east wall.      The braces are rated for 250 pounds so I should be ok for the weight. The rough drawing is really rough. I draw best with the real track.  I can also get 6 tracks in a 12 inch shelf layout. When I am done the remaining track will go to the grandkids along with any rolling stock that wont fit the shelves.  Goldth 
Charlie