Action at the roundhouse
Here's a view of Leetown's James St. roundhouse from the back seat of Barney Secord's plane

Nice collection of steam engines you have there.

I particularly like those with the feedwater heaters up top-front. i think both B&O and C&O had steamers like that.....and of course the Vandy tenders
CNR U2E #6167 is heading out for a Labour Day Excursion special to Port Maitland

The wipers certainly put some time and effort into getting the old girl (built March, 1940) ready for duty!

Wayne
CNR U4A #6400

A note that the prototype 6167 is in a bit of peril.
Metrolynx wants to use the space she's in to add another track through Guelph station. The city's first proposal is to move her downhill and around the corner at a cost of $600,000. You can imagine the reactions. There are alternative proposals which involve finding someone with a lot of money who'll take her down to cutting off the "historical bits".
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Hi David---it really pisses me off that Metrolinks can cancel a lease and potentially destroy a national railroad treasure.Apparently there is an alternative site where this locomotive can be relocated (John Galt Park in Guelph) and the Guelph city council will be discussing this option on Sept.3.
CNR U2C#6153

I don't think the lease is cancelled, just expiring.

If the loco were pullable, it might be possible to run it all the way around the city, re-install and extend a siding and put it in place. Right now the John Galt Park is where the other railway runs under the CN line.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.

CNR E10A #91