They're so fired!
What more can I say?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/ches-train-hanging-from-tracks">http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news ... rom-tracks</a><!-- m -->
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
That's gotta suck. :?
What a predicament! if they could have stopped a few feet sooner, no problem (well, minimal problems). A few feet later, in the drink with disastrous consequences. Wow!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Funny... the newscaster says the train dumped THOUSANDS of gallons of fuel into the water. Gives you the impression that a whole tanker went in when in actuality it was only 1700 gallons from the lead locomotive.
They were also able to report that the CONDUCTOR, the operator of the train, was all right. No word on the engineer.
Gotta love the media!
well... it was "almost" 2 thousands Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Drama (and sex) Sells!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Does that really count as a "derailment"? and what is this device that beached the fuel tank?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
oopsy,,,paperwork will abound...
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Typical! The media rushes to the scene, expecting a plum piece on an "Environmental Disaster." Not finding a six-figure fuel spill into the "pristine waters of the Intercoastal Waterway," they shot their video tape and went back to write a piece that creatively used the video along with an enhancement of the actual facts and, Presto ... a story to lead the local evening news with and demonize the railroad, which burns way too much "fossil fuel," has a huge carbon footprint and very little regard for the environment.

They should all be hung in the public square by their cfc-based hairsprayed "helmet heads!" Shoot Curse

bil
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Cheers
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"