Price Check On 1950's Lionel 2034, Please!
Hey, guys!
It's been a LONG time since I've been around these parts. I've missed y'all but other responsibilities have pretty much kept me away form my railroading hobby. (My train table is now home for our guinea pig's cage... Nope )

All that aside, I need to do a little price checking if y'all don't mind.

One of the ladies that I work with brought in a Lionel O27 locomotive numbered 2034. It's diecast and the light works. She thought it smoked but everything I've found on the 2034s says they don't. She says her dad got it in 1956 or '57 and it came with a set of 4 cars which she also still has. (I'm guessing tender, two cars and a caboose.) She no longer has the track because it was nailed down to a table in her parents' basement and no one thought to salvage that. The locomotive appears to be in excellent condition for being over 60 years old and she says the cars are all in the same condition.

Can someone give me a ballpark figure for what this set might be worth? I have been seeing some really low prices for these on eBay but figured that the time of year and economy may be playing into that. Any info you can give me would be great!
CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!
Hellooooooo........

*listens for an echo*

Is anyone still here or did you all switch to N scale? Confusedhock:
CANNONBALL
Sorry Cannonball. I wish I could help but I don't know anything about Lionel. Guinea Pigs are a different story... Big Grin
TrainNut Wrote:Sorry Cannonball. I wish I could help but I don't know anything about Lionel. Guinea Pigs are a different story... Big Grin
If I ever go G scale, I'm building a couple cars with cages so the pigs can ride. :mrgreen:
CANNONBALL
Cannonball Wrote:Hey, guys!
It's been a LONG time since I've been around these parts. I've missed y'all but other responsibilities have pretty much kept me away form my railroading hobby. (My train table is now home for our guinea pig's cage... Nope )

All that aside, I need to do a little price checking if y'all don't mind.

One of the ladies that I work with brought in a Lionel O27 locomotive numbered 2034. It's diecast and the light works. She thought it smoked but everything I've found on the 2034s says they don't. She says her dad got it in 1956 or '57 and it came with a set of 4 cars which she also still has. (I'm guessing tender, two cars and a caboose.) She no longer has the track because it was nailed down to a table in her parents' basement and no one thought to salvage that. The locomotive appears to be in excellent condition for being over 60 years old and she says the cars are all in the same condition.

Can someone give me a ballpark figure for what this set might be worth? I have been seeing some really low prices for these on eBay but figured that the time of year and economy may be playing into that. Any info you can give me would be great!

try this link

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.postwarlionel.com/cgi-bin/postwar?ITEM=2034">http://www.postwarlionel.com/cgi-bin/postwar?ITEM=2034</a><!-- m -->
AF350 Wrote:try this link

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.postwarlionel.com/cgi-bin/postwar?ITEM=2034">http://www.postwarlionel.com/cgi-bin/postwar?ITEM=2034</a><!-- m -->
Well, that gives me quite a bit of info on them but no real pricing.
From what I have seen, they are not selling for much. Most likely because it is "O27" gauge rather than O.
CANNONBALL
Sorry I can't be much of help, but I've noticed there's an over abundance of used lionel items for sale more than ever, and wouldn't doubt that's another reason for the lower prices (besides the economy)
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
The 2034 was made in 1952,does NOT have smoke or whistle and is worth $15.00 t0 $35.00.

The Lionel Lines tender should be numbered on the bottom #6066T.Three cars were included with the set,a black Lionel gondola,a Sunoco single dome tank car and ared caboose marked Lionel Lines.

If all of the original boxes were present including the outer packing carton the set would be worth up to $250.00 maximum.

The set with track and transformer and a few other items originally sold for $22.50.

Contrary to the above post,Lionel prices for used items are all over the place.There seems to be more demand today for the more detailed items being offered.
There is still great interest in post war Lionel by collectors and those that are not interested in all of the electronics in modern locos.