Older railfan pics.
Sorry Bruce I don't have any street shots in Brooklyn.

That haze is just a typical summer day in Jersey, Nachoman, I don't miss it.

Here are a few with a military theme. First off are 2 from the former CNJ yard in Bayonne NJ. from May of 88. A train of light armored vehicles came into the yard. So, on my way to do my paper rout I grabbed my old 110 camera and took a walk along the tracks to get some shots.        
The next shot is from the now closed Military ocean terminal in Bayonne (MOTBY), where I worked While in my first year in collage. I had to duck behind the hood of my van because I Wasn't to sure if we could have cameras on the base.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Back to the yard. It's April of 96 and I found a PRR combine strapped to a flat car. I hope it's going in for restoration...    

Under all that paint and grime is a PC. logo.    

Now a little trip north to Hoboken where I found another Gonn In EL paint.    
The last for today Is of The Susquehanna's E-8's or 9's , not sure what they are. I took them from the RT. 46 overpass near there engine facility.

Really nice shots.
FYI...Those are M-2 Bradly Fighting Vehicles.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
"Under all that paint and grime is a PC. logo."

I see it! Smile Thanks for sharing more pics!

Ralph
Back in the yard in Bayonne.

A better look at the PC gonn.

A former N&W gonn.

A view looking south at the entrance of the yard. The building to the right is the Maiden Form plant.

This LV hopper serves as the sand house at Oak Island yard in Newark NJ.    

One of NJT's switchers sits at Hoboken terminal.

New Jersey Trainsets light rail at exchange place in Jersey city.

This shot is of the pump racks for Hudson tank in Port Newark, There building is the one on the left in the pic. I took it from the top of one of there storage tanks while working there.    

I found this GE unit sitting on a siding at the Global terminal in Bayonne.

You don't see a steamer on a freight train every day.

This shot is one of my favorites. It was taken from the walkway of the RT7 bridge in Jersey city of an West bound CSX freight. The large bridge in the background is the Pulaski Sky way, The concrete bride to the right is the approach for the PATH system (formerly the Hudson & Manhattan)     Just after I took this pic I dropped the sun shade for my lens down to the road bead, It's probably still there.

Some MOW equipment rolls past on the New York Central.    

Now were in Weehawken NJ, along the old NYC right of way. That's gone now, and replaced by the NJT light rail.     That large structure is the west vent building for the Lincoln tunnel.
While I was working on the roof of a warehouse in Secaucus NJ, A light engine move came into the yard that was next to the parking lot. There was suddenly the sound of flanged wheels on wood ties. The rear truck of the 2nd NS unit had derailed. Luckily, I took my camera up there with me for just such a reason and snapped off a few pics. Sorry about the odd angle, I had to squeeze the lens through a gap between 2 AC units to get the shots.

First, the train crew checked over all the units, cut out the CR loco at the rear, and backed it clear of the others.    

Next a set of tractors with side hoists on them were moved into position.    

Finally the unit was lifted up and re-railed.    
Great pics...!! Did you ever find out what caused the derailment..?? Oversized flanges, maybe..?? Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
e-paw Wrote:Here's the Long Island RR's yard in long Island city NY. Your looking west with Manhattan in the background.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

This was a near grade crossing accident near liberty state park in jersey city NJ. This was before the Conrail split with CSX and NS.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

E-paw, do you know the road number on that GP15-1?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Steamtrains Wrote:Great pics...!! Did you ever find out what caused the derailment..?? Oversized flanges, maybe..?? Goldth
CR unit nudged him too hard cause he was slacking Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Are these prints or slides?
GEC the # is 1615, steamtraims I have no idea what caused the derailment, but I'm sure that the flanges were RP25. 35
RailOhio these are all prints that I scanned. I do have more , I kind of got sidetracked from posting them.