Modeling contest at June Timonium show
Gents I was doing a little surfing this afternoon checking out the dates for the June Great Scale Model Train showdown in Timonium Md. aka The "Timonium" show and I came across something interesting I thought I wold share with you all.
Seems they will be having a modeling contest allowing either kit or scratch-built items in any scale...and offering huge cash prizes to boot in addition to award plaques. I think there is more information on their site <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gsmts.com">www.gsmts.com</a><!-- w -->
Don't know about you guys but this is a first for me, so I'm pretty excited to bring down a couple of structures that I figure might make the grade.
According to their website the prizes will be as follows first place will be $500, 2nd...$250 and 3rd...$100. These prizes will be in the form of gift certificates to be spent at any Timonium show.
Can't say I have ever seen this before but this will be a first for me to enter a non NMRA model building contest. Pretty cool stuff.
I reject your reality and substitute my own